ewwww

flask

there's a series of caches near where i live that are named "momma d says ewwwww" which got me to thinking:

we want to hide a multi called "everybody says ewwwww".

stage one: container upholstered with gel dressing for that extra slimy feel, hidden in one o' them holes in trees that gets so much damp nasty stuff in them.

stage two: ammocan filled with pond water from the get-go.

stage three: coordinates in fake dog turd placed at boundary of dog park.

i will appreciate your practical suggestions for additional stages.

I found a cache that consisted of a small urine sample container filled with water dyed yellow with food coloring (at least that's what they said it was...). The log was in a separate sealed section under the lid but you had to open the lid to figure out (with relief) that you didn't have to put your hand into the liquid to get to the log.

That would certainly qualify as an ewwww moment.

I've also found a cache consisting of a bucket full of red dye filled with rubber fingers and eyeballs. The log was in a bison tube inserted into a finger. It couldn't be retrieved without dying your hands red.

there's a series of caches near where i live that are named "momma d says ewwwww" which got me to thinking:

stage one: container upholstered with gel dressing for that extra slimy feel, hidden in one o' them holes in trees that gets so much damp nasty stuff in them.

A bison tube stuck in the south end of a north bound, but recently embalmed peacock.

A bison tube stuck in the south end of a north bound, but recently embalmed peacock.

Why would it have to be embalmed? :D

In my opinion, the use of roadkill, most any type would do, in one of the stages would definitely add some spice to the cache! :D

real roadkill is so high maintenance....

Animal graveyards are lower maintenance.

Certain animal burrows and haunts are covered with offal.

Anyplace that collects cobwebs like a bumper crop.

slime mold.

Some place that no matter how you do the cache you will come out looking like you were slopping in the dirt.

An old abandoned outhouse. Yeah, it's long gone to compost but the thought will get some.

In that vein one in that pretty blue water that graces modern portable outhouses.

love the tampax idea.

'sides, a lot of my inheritance comes from tambrands. my grandfather figured it was a good investment.

"as long as there are women", he said, "they'll sell tampax."

and he worked for them.

as for the roadkill, we came across a doe on our way to a day-long class-project-cum-wilderness survival picnic. we weren't allowed to eat anything we didn't find or catch.

we had to make fire with a bowdrill and butcher the doe with stone knives we'd made ourselves. very paleolithic.

yes, the teacher had an arrangement with the rangers for roadkilled deer. very convenient, that. finding the fresh one meant we didn't have to eat the one that'd been hanging the barn for a while.

An old abandoned outhouse. Yeah, it's long gone to compost but the thought will get some.

Have found two caches in outhouses, one while traveling from NE to TX and another in IA. The first one had the real stink to it and the IA one just had a musty odor. Avioded the first outhouse but finally had to go in, all the way in as this one had a little entrance to it, before finding it. :D:D

There's one around here (or so I've heard...haven't looked for it myself) which is somehow rolled up in a pair of stained mens underwear decorated strategically with chocolate sauce and mustard. I guess the effect is supposed to be that some drunk had a massive 'accident' and ditched the underwear.

real roadkill is so high maintenance.

parenthetically, i have eaten roadkill. come across it on a november day and it's still warm? toss it in the truck! we're goin' to a bar-be-cue!

ME TOO! It was a pheasant, and it was still flopping around when I grabbed it.
Been there, ate that. But mine was a 4-point whitetail deer buck. I figured that since I was going to be out several hundred $$$ in bodywork on my car I might as well eat the cause.

Ammo can in a porta-john. You know where.

~*

I assume that your post has nothing to do with the previous one.

Well, I posted it after reading only the first 3-4....does that count?

I sure hope doin' that was alright with you. Sure din't mean to P you O.

How 'bout 2-lbs of raw chitlins in the hot summer sun -- feel better now?

~*