Must do caches in Quebec City

paulandstacey

Ok, I know this is a bit of a repeat, but as I wanted to keep the locations/info separate, I started two threads.

We'll be in Quebec City for the Mega and want to do some caching. We're looking for nice trails, interesting containers or historic/interesting spots. We've got two children, ages 6 and 4. They can handle moderate hikes (5 km and under) and enjoy trading. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Ok, I know this is a bit of a repeat, but as I wanted to keep the locations/info separate, I started two threads.

We'll be in Quebec City for the Mega and want to do some caching. We're looking for nice trails, interesting containers or historic/interesting spots. We've got two children, ages 6 and 4. They can handle moderate hikes (5 km and under) and enjoy trading. Any thoughts or recommendations?

I think the locals are putting together some bookmark lists for tourists that are either French, English or both. We will be looking for those and we will have children too so we second this request B) . Swimming holes with caches would be nice to find too - we seem to be often looking for a place to 'throw ourselves in' :ph34r: Yes, our kids also want caches where they can trade - we have been known to do PQ's to avoid micros when we've got the junior traders along.

Hi Tere!

For a start, I would recommand the "Parc linéaire des rivières Saint-Charles et Duberger" trail, it is a 32 km long very nice trail that runs from Lac St-Charles (northern suburb) to the Quebc'S harbour. Of course you can easily park near the trail in many places and do only small portions of it, especialy in the southmost part of it. Chek that bookmark : Parc Linéaire des rivières Saint-Charles et Duberger".

On the historic side, there are many caches located in the old city; among those I suggest you check the ones placed by SPUQ (1 easy 1 setp multi, 3 micros and 2 smalls) that are intended to show you different faces of the old city. Also, don't miss GC15RDD, a cooking receipes sharing oriented cache - I still wonder how a cache that big had survived until now in the middle of the city.

Of course there are many many more great cache to discover int the city.

Have a nice mega-event!

I had an idea about a system where every active cachers around here would be able to have their personnal TOP5 and out of all those submissions, a global TOP 20 would be available for people like you.

I know this would mean a dedicated computer running a DB and all the scripts needed to make that run but unfortunatly, just the idea by itself brang no reply (so I believe no real interest).

Now I think I should try to edit a few of mines and add an english translation. With that MEGA, sure there will be much more tourist than usual. I still have a few days to do that.

EDIT: there are 3 of mines close together you should enjoy and on a hot day your children will also like to play in the new water fountain and the new toys they have put in place, bring the sandwiches! 6$ to enter with vehicule in this park but that's the best option if you want a nice place to lunch, kids fun and do 3 caches.

_MG_2206.jpg

Edited by Rhialto

EDIT: there are 3 of mines close together you should enjoy and on a hot day your children will also like to play in the new water fountain and the new toys they have put in place, bring the sandwiches! 6$ to enter with vehicule in this park but that's the best option if you want a nice place to lunch, kids fun and do 3 caches.

_MG_2206.jpg

That looks like a fun waterpark! Has anyone used those sticks with the black and white sections as a stage of a multi? I count 11 black sections :rolleyes:

Is there an age limit for the waterpark - like must be under 8 or under 12 or something?

SPUQ are on our list and we will check out the linear trail if an access point is within easy reach.

Thanks!