Question for San Diego Cachers

WizCreations

My brother was telling me how much he enjoyed the falls from the CITO event a few years ago and he wants to hike the trail again. Does anyone know if the falls are always flowing? Or do they dry up to a trickle?

Any other information is appreciated too.

The falls usually slow to a trickle in summer but there will always be water in the pool as it's pretty deep.

Not safe for diving though, many people have been injured doing that.

We've been in a drought though so I don't know what it looks like right now. I haven't been down there in a while.

My brother was telling me how much he enjoyed the falls from the CITO event a few years ago and he wants to hike the trail again. Does anyone know if the falls are always flowing? Or do they dry up to a trickle?

Any other information is appreciated too.

I was going to go out to the falls last November (I needed a cache to finish out Miragee's Historic Cache Series Cache...) At that time, the area was off limits due to the fire. I imagine that it is now open but I haven't actually checked to make sure.

It would be good to check with the Cleveland National Forest before going...

It would be good to check with the Cleveland National Forest before going...
Could I do that online or is there a number to call?

The web page is a good place to go (which I just did...)

It looks like the only area closure left from the 2007 fires is Santiago so Cedar Creek area should be open. (There is a request, however for hikers to avoid Eagle Peak becaused it is Prairie Hawk breeding season.)

Cedar Creek Road remains closed due to damage from the fire, though...