How to enter coordinates

Ricco44

When I enter coordinates into my gps using the DD MM.MMM' format, It has a place for one more number at the end and the coordinates I'm getting from the web page dont have the 4th number at the end, what am I doing wrong?

For example, the cache page says something like N 47° 14.754 and W 122° 18.943 and your GPSr has room for one more digit at the end. I would just put in a zero in that case.

When I enter coordinates into my gps using the DD MM.MMM' format, It has a place for one more number at the end and the coordinates I'm getting from the web page dont have the 4th number at the end, what am I doing wrong?

For example, the cache page says something like N 47° 14.754 and W 122° 18.943 and your GPSr has room for one more digit at the end. I would just put in a zero in that case.

[/ quote Thanks Ill give it a try.

What GPS unit are you using and what datum do you have it set for?

Thr Great Karnak predicts a DeLorme PN-20 or PN-40 . . . :ph34r:

Cache On!

JohnTee

I'm using a megellan crossover, I can't find a datum setting.

The Great Karnak . . . falls flat on his face! Dagnabit anyhow. The DeLorme's give four digits in decimal minutes.

Cache On!

JohnTee