Midwest geobash

sweet yet evil

This will be my first year attending the geobash and I would like to know what to expect. I did read the event page and check out the website but am still curious about what goes on. Will there be plenty of new/active caches set up in the area? Where does everyone get the event coins with their names on them...I have seen the duck ones last year and teddy bears this year. Are bears the only thing and if so, it must be too late to get some then...

If you have been to a geobash just tell me about your experience!

Thanks! :)

Geobash is what you want to make out of it. I have been to all of them so far and plan on continuing that streak as long as they keep having them. I tend to socialize at events rather then cache, so the BASH is a great place for me. I can wander around and meet new cachers from across the country as well as hang out with the old crew. Just think a big camp out, with Ice Cream :)

If you are into trading coins or pathtags there are plenty of opportunities to do that. It looks like they are adding more fun things to do this year. The Parrot is the mascot this year and with that comes the Pirate theme as well. So I do believe there will be plenty of great/terrible accents being spoken as well as some grog being shared (For those over 21 years of age, Indiana state law you know :D ). Speaking of which, if you stay until the sun goes down, Area 51 is the place to be. FUN,FUN,FUN...

So don't be shy, meet as many people as you can, find some caches and just enjoy the heck out of the time you spend at the BASH.

Drop by the forums over on the Geobash website for more details.

Chris-Team Shydog

This will be our fourth year also. The first one they had we cached quite a bit the next year when it was in Michigan we spent the whole week just sitting around and talking with everybody that we hadn't seen since last Geobash. Last year we decided to go down a week early to do the caching that way when the weekend came we could spend time talking with friends. Chris is right the geobash is what you want it to be that is the beauty of it. If you want to check in and then go caching all weekend you can and if you want to just sit around and talk and trade coins you can. The event is for everybody including kids we have always taken our kids and there is plenty of other kids there for them to play with. This is one of the best events there is that is for sure so if there is any possibility that you can make I would definately try.

This will be my first time there too. I hear it is a grownups event. I'm looking forward to the event and looking for people to cache with. :D

Don't let Roy mix up the dates this year! It is August 7-10th. Make sure you stop by and find me in Area 51.

Going to try and not let that happen this time. :D

I am looking for an eye patch and mug for adult beverages :( and making some cool sig pirate type coins to swap! hehe I am sure area 51 will be where I am located after dark. I reserved my camping spot and will be there, hopefully Thursday night, if I can get Friday off from work! I am looking forward to having some fun with everyone!

I am looking for an eye patch and mug for adult beverages :( and making some cool sig pirate type coins to swap! hehe I am sure area 51 will be where I am located after dark. I reserved my camping spot and will be there, hopefully Thursday night, if I can get Friday off from work! I am looking forward to having some fun with everyone!

Now you get it!!!!! :)

Well it's 1:30am and I'm packing for our Pre-Bash Dash. We'll be staying in Salamonie State Park up till Thursday, when we'll be relocating to Area 51. Can't wait for a week of caching and hanging out with our caching friends. See you all real soon.

BTW Chris, more than willing to walk the plank after the crazy week we've had trying to get ready for Bash! :D

For those of you keeping score ...

I'll be up on Thursday to camp. Will head back to Indy Saturday morning to fetch IndyDiver. ID will be staying nearby Saturday night while I head back south to Montpelier to announce some dirt-track racing then back to the camp. ID and I head back to Indy Sunday.

For those of you keeping score ...

I'll be up on Thursday to camp. Will head back to Indy Saturday morning to fetch IndyDiver. ID will be staying nearby Saturday night while I head back south to Montpelier to announce some dirt-track racing then back to the camp. ID and I head back to Indy Sunday.

So I'm going to miss you? I'll be driving up there Saturday Morning and returning home Saturday evening, with an early enough start I plan to arrive there between 9 and 10 and leave between 7 and 8, if it works out that way.

Oh, dang. Guess it doesn't count then!

But, I was on time for everything I needed to be on time for. That's all that matters. It was the drive home that was darn near impossible!

Yeah....I bet it was.......

Why don't you try driving home at 1:00 am while people from Bash are still drunk dialing you?

Oh, dang. Guess it doesn't count then!

But, I was on time for everything I needed to be on time for. That's all that matters. It was the drive home that was darn near impossible!

Yeah....I bet it was.......

Why don't you try driving home at 1:00 am while people from Bash are still drunk dialing you?

Aww, we just wanted to make sure you were not falling asleep while driving! We won't look out for you this year, promise!

Team Shydog,

Thanks MUCH for your bartending skills. I never walked the plank, but was asked to be party to more than a few plank walkings. It was quite entertaining, and your time and effort made it a lot of fun.

Next year we need special dice, so all the woman roll a 10! (THAR SHE BLOWS!)

The Denvernators...John

(The guy with the duck on his head)

Team Shydog,

Thanks MUCH for your bartending skills. I never walked the plank, but was asked to be party to more than a few plank walkings. It was quite entertaining, and your time and effort made it a lot of fun.

Next year we need special dice, so all the woman roll a 10! (THAR SHE BLOWS!)

The Denvernators...John

(The guy with the duck on his head)

I second the thank you to Team ShyDog. Them Red Headed Wenches were yummy..... (the drinks guys, the drinks)

Chris you are the man. Is your right arm recovering yet from all the pouring?

Deermark

The arm is doing quite well!

Was that a blast or what??? :laughing: A big thanks to everyone who stopped by and had some fun. I must report to the Frog that Ms. Jenn was a good Lackey and no matter how much arm twisting I applied, I could not get her to "Walk the Plank" :) I am already thinking up ideas for next years bash, I think all you Sweet Bunnies and Dawgs will have a bodacious time.

Hi,

We came all the way from Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada to attend this years Midwest Geobash 2008.

We really enjoyed meeting fellow cachers from all over. We took time to find caches in the area.

We specially enjoyed Long John Silver cache at the event and think it was a great idea the I will implant in New Brunswick in the coming month.

Picked up 5 TBs that will be dropped in caches around Moncton NB area.

Thanks to the organizers of the event. We logged over 3500 miles.

#1 Scout

Moncton, NB

Well Sweet But Evil, What did you think of your first Bash?

HA I just noticed this! Funny how you made me walk the plank B) but I was a trooper! Got some wild stories and some good pics....hehe....got a good pic of you and me that looked like we were having way too much fun, if there is such a thing!!!!

I will be there next year for sure! I might even do some more caching than I did this year.....but do not hold me to that!!!

Beth whose cache name very much suits her!