Nano Logs

Does anyone know where I can buy logs for the Nano caches? I know when you buy one it comes with an extra log, but sooner or later your going to need a fresh one without having to buy another cache.

Figured someone here might know.

The easy solution to this problem is to plant bigger caches :)

(Sorry - I couldn't resist...)

Does anyone know where I can buy logs for the Nano caches? I know when you buy one it comes with an extra log, but sooner or later your going to need a fresh one without having to buy another cache.

Figured someone here might know.

PM sent since one cannot post web address of a commercial content in the forums :D

Edit: I tried sending you a PM through the forums...but it says you do not exist...so i sent one through you GC.com account...hope you are that person :)

Edited by ArcherDragoon

The easy solution to this problem is to plant bigger caches :D

Agree 100%. But if he wants the "fun" of maintaining a nano that needs a new log every month or so, that's punishment enough for hiding one.

However, back to the original topic... the easiest way to make nano logs is to run a piece of paper through a paper shredder (the kind that makes strips, not the better kind that makes confetti)

One sheet of paper, 10 seconds of time, more nano logs than you'll need for..... well at least a couple months. :)

Edited by DocDiTTo

Thanks for all the replies. I am not sure why the forum says I dont exist, but I did get the messages.

Why the lack of love for Nano's? Sure, they are frustrating to find, but I have a good time looking for them (usually). There is a set of local nano's at various bus stops around town. Considering I work for the bus system, its kinda fun to combine work and fun with that.

Off topic, but my outlook is if you dont like a cache type, just dont go looking for them. Others might enjoy it. I am not one for puzzle caches, so I just filter them out. :)

PM sent since one cannot post web address of a commercial content in the forums :)

Why not? I see it done all the time...

I know you can't put a link to a commercial web site in a cache description, but there's no problem with a link in the forums (that I'm aware of... moderators feel free to correct me).

Why the lack of love for Nano's? Sure, they are frustrating to find, but I have a good time looking for them (usually). There is a set of local nano's at various bus stops around town. Considering I work for the bus system, its kinda fun to combine work and fun with that.

Off topic, but my outlook is if you dont like a cache type, just dont go looking for them. Others might enjoy it. I am not one for puzzle caches, so I just filter them out. :)

Actually, what I said was more of a jab at the constant micro whining.

I'm not a huge fan of them, but I don't hate them either. But since most of my caching is done with my 6-year old, and for him the fun of the caching is "the treasure hunt" (not much treasure to be found in micros), so I don't usually bother looking for them. Doesn't mean I won't grab one if I'm near it tho...

Don't most of the places that sell them have a 'printout page' for various sized micro-logs?

There are many sources, but why not make your own?

As for Nano love, it takes caches of all sizes to make the geo world tick.

I don't have a nano out, but I have a spot for one that will go in sooner or later.

This won't make me any friends but I have to admit, the smaller the log sheet the more I feel like leaving a nice log describing the hunt.

"Found it finally. Had a blast exploring every little nook and cranny and crawling on my hands and knees. Took nothing, left this note. TFTC Runaround PS... cache needs maintenance as the log is full."

This won't make me any friends but I have to admit, the smaller the log sheet the more I feel like leaving a nice log describing the hunt.

"Found it finally. Had a blast exploring every little nook and cranny and crawling on my hands and knees. Took nothing, left this note. TFTC Runaround PS... cache needs maintenance as the log is full."

:ph34r: You mean you don't help out and replace full logs? :lol:

I know some cachers haul spare log books and containers with them on cache hunts but I don't. Cache maintenance is the owners responsibility. If I find a cache badly damaged or compromised I'll do what I can in the field but I don't carry replacement supplies. I'll dump out water, throw away ruined swag, and post a Needs Maintenance log but that's about it. I guess I've seen too many lazy cache owners who ignore repeated comments about a soaked log book or other damage. I've even seen one hider post a note on their own cache asking a future finder to drop off a new log.

I applaud the actions of the OP. I don't care for nano's but I'm happy to see someone willing to perform necessary maintenance.

Thanks for all the replies. I am not sure why the forum says I dont exist, but I did get the messages. ...
It's the '&' in your name.
My belief is that the knowledge that the action 'won't make you any friends should be enough to make you think seriously about whether it is the right thing to do.

\noob_on

Ok...I have an etiquette question regarding the full logs.

As my caching backpack gets fuller I'm sure there will be replacement logs for full ones I run across. I have no problem dropping a new log into a cache when the book is full or replacing busted baggies.

My question, however, is what to do in the case of the micro/nano caches where adding another log to the container isn't an option.

Isn't part of the 'game' that the CO gets to keep the old logbook when it gets full?

I'd hate to replace a full one and then end up getting a nasty email from the CO asking why the heck I took their scrap of paper.

And I'm sure I'll hunt the little ones less and less the more I get into caching (I'm enjoying the cooler hikes more)...but the nanos are still out there at places I go anyway so I'll probably keep getting some of those smileys.

I just looked, 19 of my 49 finds have been of the micro/nano variety...If I had to guess I'd have to say that at least half of them have had full log sheets.

So seriously, what is a cacher supposed to do in those situations?

In one case there was a magnakey with 6 months worth of 'soaked log' entries on the cache page and when I wrote my log it said something to the effect of, "Couldn't get the wad of pulp out of the baggie" Again, I don't mind replacing stuff like that...but am I allowed to without stepping on the COs toes?

I'd certainly hold onto the logs and would happily deliver them to the CO at an event or whatever...would even put them in the mail if that's the M.O.

\noob_off

\noob_on

Ok...I have an etiquette question regarding the full logs.

As my caching backpack gets fuller I'm sure there will be replacement logs for full ones I run across. I have no problem dropping a new log into a cache when the book is full or replacing busted baggies.

My question, however, is what to do in the case of the micro/nano caches where adding another log to the container isn't an option.

Isn't part of the 'game' that the CO gets to keep the old logbook when it gets full?

I'd hate to replace a full one and then end up getting a nasty email from the CO asking why the heck I took their scrap of paper.

And I'm sure I'll hunt the little ones less and less the more I get into caching (I'm enjoying the cooler hikes more)...but the nanos are still out there at places I go anyway so I'll probably keep getting some of those smileys.

I just looked, 19 of my 49 finds have been of the micro/nano variety...If I had to guess I'd have to say that at least half of them have had full log sheets.

So seriously, what is a cacher supposed to do in those situations?

In one case there was a magnakey with 6 months worth of 'soaked log' entries on the cache page and when I wrote my log it said something to the effect of, "Couldn't get the wad of pulp out of the baggie" Again, I don't mind replacing stuff like that...but am I allowed to without stepping on the COs toes?

I'd certainly hold onto the logs and would happily deliver them to the CO at an event or whatever...would even put them in the mail if that's the M.O.

\noob_off

In general, you don't replace logs, you simply add new ones. The exception, of course, are caches in which only one log can be stuffed (nanos). In those cases, I normally do not change out the log. I merely notify the owner of the issue. If I were to change one out, I would hold on to it and offer to get it back to the cache owner.

In general, you don't replace logs, you simply add new ones. The exception, of course, are caches in which only one log can be stuffed (nanos). In those cases, I normally do not change out the log. I merely notify the owner of the issue. If I were to change one out, I would hold on to it and offer to get it back to the cache owner.

Thats how I handle it as well. I leave the old ones in there. Nano or otherwise where I can not add logs, I'll put out a maintenance note

I found a nano cache awhile back that had an interesting solution for nano logs. It had an alternate logging requirement (ALR) with instructions on the nano log that read something like:

To log this cache email the owner the name on the sign in the field nearby.

The text filled up the log sheet so there wasn't any room to write anything.