geopuppygoldarm3.jpg

Coin Stats

Trackable on Geocaching.com with Icon

Size: 1.75 inches tall.

Thickness: 3.0 mm

Finishes:

Gold with Sandblasting

Black Nickel with Sandblasting

LE: There are 55 Antique Brass LE coins. They will be mixed in at random with either finish except if you only order one of a given finish you will not get the LE. You may also request to not receive any LEs.

Price: $8.50

Buy them here at HWS:

Geopuppies Black Nickel

Geopuppies Gold

There are also three artist editions available for Trade from Fluttershy.

Fluttershy Version Coin Stats:

Trackable on Geocaching.com with Icon

Size: 1.75 inches tall.

Thickness: 3.5 mm

Email for Trade: nyallieny@aol.com

30 LE Black Nickel with Glitter Collar & Glitter GPS (and Sandblasting)

50 LE Nickel with Purple Collar & Green GPS (and Sandblasting)

puppy010ve9.jpg

puppy003pm3.jpg

20 XLE Soft Enamel Gold (Gifts only/no Sandblasting)

Thanks, Steve & Sharon!

Edited by Fluttershy

what does sandblasting mean to a coin? sorry if everyone knows the answer but me, but this is a new term speaking of geocoins.

lara

Sandblasting leaves a smooth but gritty texture. On the back of the dog in the body area, is where the

metal is sandblasted. All the rest of the coin is shiny.

Wondering why your version is 3.5 and the one we have to pay for is 3.0 thick. Typo somewhere?

No typos, AG. :)

I just ordered mine to be a Thicker coin.

The samples came at 3mm, and they were great, so HWS kept it that way,

but I paid for my version to be a bit Thicker.

:D:) My wife woke me up this morning and said 'I hope you don't mind, but I ordered you a couple of geocoins!'

I immediately got up and saw what she had ordered and I said 'mind? why of course I don't mind'....'why did you only order a couple though?'... So I ordered a couple more! I've been waiting for these! I Love the idea...

These are so nostalgic and cute! I had to pick up a couple this morning. One will be a gift for my sister-in-law in Colorado. She still has her original Fisher-Price schoolhouse and the characters (including the dog), that her own children now play with. They will really enjoy this coin.

Edited by Vanelle

Thanks for liking my GeoPuppies!

If you'd like to trade, just email me with your Trading list... I still have several BN Glitter Versions,

and lots of Nickel with Purple Collar and Geocaching colors!

I sent you an email. Please respond either way with whether or not you'd like to do a trade. I won't be offended, hurt etc. if the answer is no. I'd rather hear from you in some form to know that all this electronic communication is working.

Thanks!

I'm completely lost... almost embarassed to admit it, but I have no idea what toy these are supposed to look like?! They're really cute, really cute, but posts seem to indicate they're based on a popular toy,...and I haven't the slightest idea.... can someone clue me in?

congrats on getting these made! they've been a long time coming, glad to see they're a reality!

I'm completely lost... almost embarassed to admit it, but I have no idea what toy these are supposed to look like?! They're really cute, really cute, but posts seem to indicate they're based on a popular toy,...and I haven't the slightest idea.... can someone clue me in?

congrats on getting these made! they've been a long time coming, glad to see they're a reality!

ok youngster! fisher price little people dog. here is the keychain version.

dog-keychain-j-barrows.jpg

boy these things bring back memories.

littlepeople-770002.jpg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

I've responded to everyone's emails so far about Trades...

More left, if anyone is interested!

(My GeoPuppy Trades come with a cute card & a Surprise Siggy item I had made especially, too!)

There must be something goofy with my email as I didn't see a response. I'll send you another email. Since the reply must ni be working, can you contact me through my profile, please?

(goofy internet)

(My GeoPuppy Trades come with a cute card & a Surprise Siggy item I had made especially, too!)

There must be something goofy with my email as I didn't see a response. I'll send you another email. Since the reply must ni be working, can you contact me through my profile, please?

(goofy internet)

Hi Melissa!

I responded to your email and now through your Geocaching profile. I hope you get it this time!

~Allie

(goofy internet)

Hi Melissa!

I responded to your email and now through your Geocaching profile. I hope you get it this time!

~Allie

Yippie! It finally came through. I sent you a response, too!

littlepeople-770002.jpg

All the one you show are the plastic one. We have some of the wooden ones at my parents still. They must have been my brothers'.

littlepeople-770002.jpg

All the one you show are the plastic one. We have some of the wooden ones at my parents still. They must have been my brothers'.

Thanks :D They look like 80's toys! I was an 80's kid! Why have I never seen them before? :D

I asked before and no one answered...

Just curious, how is it that coins can be made to look like popular toys, Disney characters etc? Are these items NOT trade marked? Is it just that we are not big enough to attract attention or is there some kind of copywrite loophole?

Again, just curious.

Just curious, how is it that coins can be made to look like popular toys, Disney characters etc? Are these items NOT trade marked? Is it just that we are not big enough to attract attention or is there some kind of copywrite loophole?

Again, just curious.

I found a couple threads where it was discussed before

Copyright, Some info for designers

TV & Movie Geocoins? What's the policy?

Coin design and copywrite issues, Dharma Initiative

I remember more discussions, but can't seem to find them... I think a summary of the consensus is that the design needs to be changed enough, such that it's clearly different.. yes a lot of designs probably could be sued over, but they probably won't be.. and it's always best to ask for permission first.

Again, just curious.

I found a couple threads where it was discussed before

Copyright, Some info for designers

TV & Movie Geocoins? What's the policy?

Coin design and copywrite issues, Dharma Initiative

I remember more discussions, but can't seem to find them... I think a summary of the consensus is that the design needs to be changed enough, such that it's clearly different.. yes a lot of designs probably could be sued over, but they probably won't be.. and it's always best to ask for permission first.

That's what I thought. As popular as Geocaching seems to be getting. I think coin designers should be a bit more careful!

Thanks for the info.

Just curious, how is it that coins can be made to look like popular toys, Disney characters etc? Is it just that we are not big enough to attract attention or is there some kind of copywrite loophole?

Some might fall into the "Homage" catagory. This is like a Nastalgia (sp?) moment, like, "remember those toys we use to play with?" and honoring all those hours spent playing with them. Wish I would have thought about making this one. They bring back the memories and I hope my mom still has them.

maldar