Downloaded caches

allswell

Is there a way to mark the caches that have been downloaded. I know when you find a cache it puts a check mark along with it. When you do a new search a mark of some sort would make it easier to search for either new or just adding more to your gps

allswell

;)

Is there a way to mark the caches that have been downloaded. I know when you find a cache it puts a check mark along with it. When you do a new search a mark of some sort would make it easier to search for either new or just adding more to your gps

allswell

;)

Go to the 'Hide and Seek' page and click on 'Go' without entering a zip code. On the next page, just tick the 'Exclude hidden/found items from results' box. Or run a customised pocket query excluding your finds.

allswell

:)

Looks like everyone answered the question they wanted to answer, instead of the one you actually asked.

The answer is No. There's no practical way of doing that, and that's a good thing. People change cache coordinates; temporarily disable them; archive them, etc. What you're proposing is just a way to retain stale data while only adding new data. You don't want to retain stale data. Pocket Queries are meant to be a current snapshot of a collection of caches. They're not meant to create a long a long-term database.

I can see a good and practical application or this - if you have PQs that overlap physically, it would be kinda nice to have some way to filter out caches that appear in PQ A when you run PQ B...

But generally speaking I agree - it would not be good to spend a day looking for a cache that had been archived a month ago...

Edited by derangedlunatech

I can see a good and practical application or this - if you have PQs that overlap physically, it would be kinda nice to have some way to filter out caches that appear in PQ A when you run PQ B...

Oh but you can - run your PQ by date placed instead of a simple radius and there will never be any overlap.

Oh but you can - run your PQ by date placed instead of a simple radius and there will never be any overlap.

How exactly do you mean?

The way I have changed mine in the last few days is by cache size. But that has its limitations as well.

(BTW - when I said overlapping physically, I don't mean the entire search overlaps - I mean that I have different centers for the search, and parts of some of the circles overlap)

Edited by derangedlunatech

Except you're still retaining stale data, and won't get informed of when, for example, a disabled cache goes back on line, because your data for that cache is never getting updated.

The OP needs to ask himself if, as you can get 2,500 caches per day delivered by PQ, what he's asking is really necessary.