CHALLENGE: The Earth Turtle Challenge

tsunrisebey

I would love to volunteer but with the holidays I will be in between NC (home) and PA (HOME- for the holidays) no super caching trips worthy of a turtle...Unless trees whizzing by in the background as I am speeding down the highway to get home count as quality :D

My recent caching adventures would have enjoyed the company of a turtle....Pilot Mountain, NC....lots of good pix.

I will put in for the next adventure stateside....I have an area in mind....if not I am still going..... :shocked:

Just a side note on the enthusiasm...I had a similar thing going on for me to see the world (IGM movement)... ...no reward (i.e. turtle)...well I guess they did get an icon :anicute: I didn't have a problem getting 22 or so volunteers to take my 44 coins and start them travelling in their native country...not many started with pictures in their homeland but some good pix are slowly turning up on the coin pages...

Your mission is super specific and going from person to person (not cache to cache), and I know personally I am not going to volunteer unless I am certain it will be interesting caching adventure. Yeah of course it might have been about the reward(I wasn't able to purchase one), but now it is more about me being able to give you a quality adventure in NC....

I think just because people aren't posting doesn't mean people aren't looking and enjoying the pix and stories...I know I am watching one of the turtles and I get a reminder in my email...whenever the turtle travels....

Hers is a little video from Saturday's trip

Awesome video! I really enjoy those types of pictures from the natural surroundings. I love the ones with a view.

Thanks for the Comments. I have 230 caches in a 100 mile radius all that are left are mountains and loooong hikes. I do have a couple more videos of the other caches I did in the challenge I just have to upload them.

'Bout an hour left :shocked: Don't think I mention it before but I'm gonna try and log 1 cache for each turtle before I send them off.

I think someone here (*cough, RSG, cough*) needs to be shown a thing or two about what "God's country" really looks like. You thought your little email comment went unnoticed huh? We'll I bet you didn't know my nickname is "The bus driver" did you? That's right girlfriend, cause I'm taking you to school! You sit there behind ur little camera and take those pictures because this Montana cowgirl is going to put your California arse to shame :anicute:

Too those of you reading this, little miss 'Red Shoe Thang' got all up in my Montana self and now I gotta make her eat crow. I'm just havin' a little fun here.... :D

*big snippy* I gotta make her eat crow. *li'l snippy*

Hey!!! I find that somewhat offensive! :ph34r:

:laughing::laughing::ph34r:

Crowsfeat30

:ph34r: Sorry Sarah, lol. It wouldn't sound right had I said 'eat coyote' :ph34r: Way off topic, you're gonna have to hang in there a few more days, I'm waiting on the arrival of coins, figured it would be worth your suffering but I've had to buy candy several times now since I keeping eating what's going in your package :ph34r:

Well one of them is going to Washington, Congrat's intolerable. I'm looking at the overseas volunteer profiles and trying to decide :laughing:

Right on! I'm looking forward to some adventuring to blow off post Black Friday insanity and hope that I can do WA justice. We've got it pretty good here! Will even try and get the coin to bump into coreynjoey :laughing:

On a whim trying to understand a post in someone's cache referring to 'dipping' I found a forum about EARTH TURTLES ... and a Challenge at that. And now I am immersed in a wonderful adventure! The coins are gorgeous but the challenge is divine.

The pictures have brought me to places my feet may never quite get to take me ... geesh even in MA where I lived for 10 ish years ... dinosaur footprints! Way cool. I did consider also the difficulty of bounce in those forested BC cache adventures but I have to say Lisbon has been my favorite. Though I am a nature girl (hence the turtle drew me to your forum) the pictures there just captured such a range of beauty nature and city. Thank you! I am very sorry to have JUST missed the next round of volunteers ... but I am hopeful that (shhhh but I haven't seen my gorgeous state yet) I still may have a shot. I love coins with missions!

So thank you all and I look forward to the next round. Include the Montana Interlude.

Sandyduff

Well one of them is going to Washington, Congrat's intolerable. I'm looking at the overseas volunteer profiles and trying to decide ;)

Right on! I'm looking forward to some adventuring to blow off post Black Friday insanity and hope that I can do WA justice. We've got it pretty good here! Will even try and get the coin to bump into coreynjoey :)

Woohoo!!

Well one of them is going to Washington, Congrat's intolerable. I'm looking at the overseas volunteer profiles and trying to decide ;)

Right on! I'm looking forward to some adventuring to blow off post Black Friday insanity and hope that I can do WA justice. We've got it pretty good here! Will even try and get the coin to bump into coreynjoey :)

W00H000!!

Kept the turtles until the New Year so they could be in Montana at home for the Holiday. Here's a couple pictures from caching today in a snowstorm ;) These are all Tristin who feels the need to watch what I'm doing and Dakota could care less about what I'm doing so she heads the opposite direction. The last pic is more funny, Tristin got Dakota a good one on the head ;) Now the turtles will head to their new destinations next week.

3d22f39a-29ee-40c3-81b2-cda6ab3cf989.jpg

4766d825-6b23-4ec6-b916-b5f066043a1d.jpg

b87a931a-8ec1-45e2-8c44-cc97be2594ef.jpg

1412e03b-78b2-467e-81be-d86659b40111.jpg

Kept the turtles until the New Year so they could be in Montana at home for the Holiday. Here's a couple pictures from caching today in a snowstorm :P These are all Tristin who feels the need to watch what I'm doing and Dakota could care less about what I'm doing so she heads the opposite direction. The last pic is more funny, Tristin got Dakota a good one on the head ;) Now the turtles will head to their new destinations next week.

I love this picture Steph! and I have to admit it I do miss the snow. ;) And my dogs.

Edited by gardengorilla

Kept the turtles until the New Year so they could be in Montana at home for the Holiday. Here's a couple pictures from caching today in a snowstorm ;) These are all Tristin who feels the need to watch what I'm doing and Dakota could care less about what I'm doing so she heads the opposite direction. The last pic is more funny, Tristin got Dakota a good one on the head ;) Now the turtles will head to their new destinations next week.

This picture is just awesome Steph. Love it! I hope you enlarge it and frame it. There's just something in this picture that speaks to me.

Kudos to you for getting out to cache this winter. Crazy weather everywhere.

Can't wait to read about the next ET journeys.

Kept the turtles until the New Year so they could be in Montana at home for the Holiday. Here's a couple pictures from caching today in a snowstorm :unsure: These are all Tristin who feels the need to watch what I'm doing and Dakota could care less about what I'm doing so she heads the opposite direction. The last pic is more funny, Tristin got Dakota a good one on the head :ph34r: Now the turtles will head to their new destinations next week.

I love this picture Steph! and I have to admit it I do miss the snow. :P And my dogs.

well, being a tropical critter myself, I spent two weeks traveling in the snow between Illinois,Wisconsin,Minnesota, and South Dakota, grabbing a few caches along the way, and all I can say is you blue bloods can keep the snow!( it was 80* at home and sub zero through most of our visit) I would rather get a root canal rather than have to live in such extreme conditions.... The next time I visit, I am hoping that it is in the summer months so I can enjoy the beauty and my caching!

BTW, turtles being reptiles... I'm sure they would enjoy a warmer climate as well! .... :lol: we have plenty of snow'birds' here, I'm sure we could make room for a few snow'earthturtles'....

Some of you have asked where the 2nd ET is going because I've been a bit quiet about it. I'm sending it to a place no one volunteered for but I thought it would be fun to see the ET in Iraq during the event they have scheduled. It won't be subject to the rules in the challenge for obvious reasons but should someone want to try and attempt the challenge when it gets there, I'll make a special Iraq version :D

Both turtles are being mailed out this week.

tsun

Some of you have asked where the 2nd ET is going because I've been a bit quiet about it. I'm sending it to a place no one volunteered for but I thought it would be fun to see the ET in Iraq during the event they have scheduled. It won't be subject to the rules in the challenge for obvious reasons but should someone want to try and attempt the challenge when it gets there, I'll make a special Iraq version :D

Both turtles are being mailed out this week.

tsun

That is so cool Tsun. We have a couple friends that are serving and never know maybe they will be the lucky ones to get it moving. We are excited to be watching them. Glad to read that your Chili event was a huge success. Thanks for the updates Tsunrisebay -_-

I meant to add these earlier, I hosted my 2nd annual chili cook-off event this Saturday. I had everything packed up (including the turtles) and was headed out to the truck when I saw my friends in my back yard. We've had some really warm weather the past week after 2 weeks of below zero and lots of snow. Much of what I had has melted except for some drifts, anyhow, these antelope which are usually regulars to my back yard have been holed up during the bad weather and they have come back to feed now that it has warmed up and they can feed on the sage. It put a smile on my face. I couldn't get the turtles out in time to get a pic with them so you only get the antelope this go 'round.

f344bb46-a6df-45b3-bc3a-0df1c5625b66.jpg

83b7bed9-c12d-473f-b6e9-3c0a68736185.jpg