CHALLENGE: The Earth Turtle Challenge

tsunrisebey

Hi Everyone! :huh:

The turtle (the green one) arrived today, safely. So it is now in Lisbon, Portugal.

For those of you who do not know where this is, well, I could give you some coordinates :) but I guess you will be better served by following this link

Hope you enjoy!

And I also hope to be able to take the turtle around visiting some nice places and showing them to you :huh:

Cheers, and stay tuned!

Antonio

Nicely done my friend! You won't let anything get in your way. You Rock!

Thanks Steph for allowing me to show one of your Earth Turtles around Massachusetts...... :)

He will be heading back to you tomorrow ready to head out to his next destination......

Although things didn't work out as I had planned due to an accident I had while out doing some maintaince on a few caches Labor Day weekend I was able to complete the 4 caches .......

Dinosaur Footprints Reservation - GCHWWN

Turtle & Footprint

P1070509.jpg

Turtle at the Kiosk

P1070518.jpg

Stoney Hill Loop - GCK2XX

The area around the Stoney Hill Loop Cache was created by one neighbor who lives near the pond for the rest of the neighborhood to enjoy. He also was more than happy to allow a cache to be placed near by so others could also enjoy.

Turtle & Dragonfly

DSCF0048.jpg

One of the many creatures greeting us along the way.

DSCF0054.jpg

Keeping the Cache safe.

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

Turtles

DSCF0040.jpg

Saying

DSCF0034.jpg

You can also check out more pictures here............

More Pictures from the 4 Caches.....

Hi Everyone! :huh:

The turtle (the green one) arrived today, safely. So it is now in Lisbon, Portugal.

For those of you who do not know where this is, well, I could give you some coordinates :) but I guess you will be better served by following this link

Hope you enjoy!

And I also hope to be able to take the turtle around visiting some nice places and showing them to you :huh:

Cheers, and stay tuned!

Antonio

Glad to hear it arrived safely..... :huh:

Looking forward to see the pictures of Portugal......

Hi all,

Let me report here the first "adventure" of the Green Earth Turtle, last Sunday, in Portuguese lands. The text below is the same that I wrote in the geocaching.com log.

X - GCN3P4

The adventure of this little green earth turtle in Portugal begins here, just a few meters from the Atlantic ocean, visiting this original cache named X (just look at the photos to see why).

It was a full morning dedicated to geocaching, to exploration, to geology, to fun. There was an event, the EarthCache day 2008 PT edition event, a perfect excuse to find a number of caches and to bring along the Turtle. Moreover the scenery is really beautiful, one of the nicest places around Lisbon, and so what better place to start with this mission? :)

On the down side, the weather was not the best, too cloudy and rainy.

In fact the Turtle visited 3 physical caches, but I decided that the X one would be the one to select to 'dip' the coin in, since I knew it would be archived and replaced for a new earth cache (another one in this area), and because it was the one I liked the most.

I leave in this log a few pictures, which give a rough idea of what you can see in the surroundings of this cache: a very large and nice beach, with large dunes (this is a protected area) called "Guincho", a part of the coast with rocks falling down the sea, a mountain nearby called "Sintra" (very well known to tourists visiting Lisbon), and so on. Well, that day you would have seen a lot of geocachers also :(

And now the photos:

b577b487-bf90-40f6-96e1-1857004b1b4d.jpg

Rocks diving in the Atlantic

f06eabde-cec9-47f8-9876-157e14acbe42.jpg

The turtle on the fortress (ruin) walls

a09c5db5-4e16-4a6e-90af-ddd18d2aac9a.jpg

A fisherman and the waves of Guincho

074085a1-1466-4b24-9bab-4e6d9ff67129.jpg

A small beach and Sintra mountain on the background

d6030758-6a3e-47cd-9e5a-c3ba6682f6a8.jpg

Geocachers crossing Guicho beach

550c770d-458a-4e6a-9af9-66d0f5a5746b.jpg

The turtle looking at the sea

c4a6d058-788e-41cd-bccb-95bda52d5644.jpg

One of the many geological formations

d88032d9-8c9c-4ac5-902a-970df5580ea8.jpg

The "X" and the fisherman

84c1a2ba-be3e-4c65-8ec0-5c7d1c379fae.jpg

The turtle and the "X"

abdc869b-5ac5-406b-a187-a9e4b80204c6.jpg

Finally some sunshine and some colors!

Edited by acasim

Whoa very cool! Great pics! Keep up the great work and can't wait to see some more pics!

Dang, just realized I need to send the other one to British Columbia...

I was starting to wonder what was happening....

going to be snow here soon

You cache in the snow right? B) I'll mail it tomorrow, I have orders to go out. The baby earth Turtles sold out already :lol:

You cache in the snow right? :D I'll mail it tomorrow, I have orders to go out. The baby earth Turtles sold out already :lol:

:laughing::lol:

Guess I've been living under a rock? I didn't know these ever were available... guess I need to double check and make sure I'm on your mailing list ....

...can't believe I missed another great tsun design... B)

You cache in the snow right? :D I'll mail it tomorrow, I have orders to go out. The baby earth Turtles sold out already :lol:

:lol::D

Guess I've been living under a rock? I didn't know these ever were available... guess I need to double check and make sure I'm on your mailing list ....

The sad part is, no remint. Geez, I made 5,000 of them and sent out plenty of notices. You might want to check your spam folder. You must live under a really big rock. I ended up making 15 versions. Wow, I can't believe you missed them either :laughing:

You cache in the snow right? :P I'll mail it tomorrow, I have orders to go out. The baby earth Turtles sold out already :lol:

:D:D

The sad part is, no remint. Geez, I made 5,000 of them and sent out plenty of notices. You might want to check your spam folder. You must live under a really big rock. I ended up making 15 versions. Wow, I can't believe you missed them either :laughing:

:lol::D I must live under the same rock. This is the first I've heard of them. Never saw anything on the forums or your website. I don't know if I'm on a newsletter list or not. Was this a trackable coin? or the pins?

You cache in the snow right? :P I'll mail it tomorrow, I have orders to go out. The baby earth Turtles sold out already B)

:D:P

...can't believe I missed another great tsun design... :laughing:

The sad part is, no remint. Geez, I made 5,000 of them and sent out plenty of notices. You might want to check your spam folder. You must live under a really big rock. I ended up making 15 versions. Wow, I can't believe you missed them either :lol:

:D:D I must live under the same rock. This is the first I've heard of them. Never saw anything on the forums or your website. I don't know if I'm on a newsletter list or not. Was this a trackable coin? or the pins?

Well I guess I am under the same rocks with the rest of you because I never saw it either and I know I'm on the mailing list. :lol:

You cache in the snow right? :P I'll mail it tomorrow, I have orders to go out. The baby earth Turtles sold out already B)

:D:D

...can't believe I missed another great tsun design... :lol:

The sad part is, no remint. Geez, I made 5,000 of them and sent out plenty of notices. You might want to check your spam folder. You must live under a really big rock. I ended up making 15 versions. Wow, I can't believe you missed them either :D

LOL! :laughing::lol:

WHAT???

I AM on the newsletter list AND I check the site once a week too! How did I miss this???

ARGH!

edited to add: ok, after I went through my initial panic, I have come to realize you are joking (or at least I really hope you are!)...no evidence of this on the website. Whew! not nice tsun!! :lol:

Edited by ELTADA

Whoa very cool! Great pics! Keep up the great work and can't wait to see some more pics!

Dang, just realized I need to send the other one to British Columbia...

I was starting to wonder what was happening....

going to be snow here soon

You cache in the snow right? :laughing: I'll mail it tomorrow, I have orders to go out. The baby earth Turtles sold out already :lol:

Oh I cache in the snow, my first 75 -100 finds were in the snow up to 5' of it B)

Gotta get on that list and out from under that rock I find out about these turtles wayyyyyyyy to late

You cache in the snow right? :D I'll mail it tomorrow, I have orders to go out. The baby earth Turtles sold out already :laughing:

:P:D

...can't believe I missed another great tsun design... :D

The sad part is, no remint. Geez, I made 5,000 of them and sent out plenty of notices. You might want to check your spam folder. You must live under a really big rock. I ended up making 15 versions. Wow, I can't believe you missed them either :D

:D:P I must live under the same rock. This is the first I've heard of them. Never saw anything on the forums or your website. I don't know if I'm on a newsletter list or not. Was this a trackable coin? or the pins?

Well I guess I am under the same rocks with the rest of you because I never saw it either and I know I'm on the mailing list. B)

She's so funny! 5000 indeed. I thought it was 4875! :lol::lol:

Lovely adventures these turtles be on! Awesome pictures! Thanks for doing this Steph and for all those who are sharing the adventures.

Edited by GPX Navigators

You cache in the snow right? :P I'll mail it tomorrow, I have orders to go out. The baby earth Turtles sold out already ;)

B):(

...can't believe I missed another great tsun design... :D

:D:D I must live under the same rock. This is the first I've heard of them. Never saw anything on the forums or your website. I don't know if I'm on a newsletter list or not. Was this a trackable coin? or the pins?

Well I guess I am under the same rocks with the rest of you because I never saw it either and I know I'm on the mailing list. ;)

She's so funny! 5000 indeed. I thought it was 4875! :):P

Lovely adventures these turtles be on! Awesome pictures! Thanks for doing this Steph and for all those who are sharing the adventures.

doh! ...pulled one over on me I see! :D:D

We are at a show and have very limited access to the net, and I was sulking for two hrs last night and still ticked this a.m. when I thought I missed them... I am in a better mood now, knowing I didn't miss them and will still have an opportunity to get in on the 8 minute window of sales before I do miss them! :P:P

Hi Tsun, and hi everyone!

After all the activity in this thread in the last couple of days, here I come once again, not to comment about the baby turtles :anicute: , but to report on the mission of their mother Green Turtle here in Lisbon.

After the first episode in the coast of Lisbon, now this is an urban episode, visiting a cache in the city:

Deutchland in Lissabon - GC1E34Q

And now the log of this find, and the photos.

There was this "Deutchland in Lissabon" cache near our home that we still had not find, so I though this would be a perfect opportunity to show the Turtle (and all the people following it, of course :D) a bit of this neighborhood, a urban environment in the city of Lisbon.

So, after the tennis lesson of my daughter, we both headed to the final coordinates on our bikes. The place is very near a big socker stadium (see the photos), and there's a large road passing by, one of the main entrances in Lisbon.

I took some pictures around, while coming back home from the cache place, which I share with you here to give an idea of where I live. In fact, these are the places that I cross everyday on my way to work (which is also nearby - lucky me :anicute:). This is a quiet place, but perhaps not too different from so many others in Lisbon. One of the things I like the most about Lisbon and Portugal is that this is a very peaceful corner in the world, where we can walk around almost anywhere and anytime without the fear of being robbed, or getting into any kind of trouble :D.

One interesting thing in this neighborhood is that you will see traces of old buildings, an old church, side by side with modern building and "urban art" (sometimes not very nice) painted in the street walls.

Well, I hope you enjoy the pictures. More caches and pictures to come soon B)

Antonio aka acasim

4e466fc3-2dc3-4633-bcfa-b2258b4b82d0.jpg

Socker stadium

7b83c243-6281-49d4-b709-08dbeb989b41.jpg

Buildings near the cache

822ae6ed-f98d-4921-9b26-fd1c3e55f351.jpg

The turtle visiting the cache

c8c34dbc-6742-450d-bb34-8737b620e2a6.jpg

Turtle in the hands of my daughter

200a5e52-750d-4d92-9a3e-201332c74c80.jpg

The old road and the church

d77de304-4870-479a-b38c-8500fc4d807f.jpg

Crossing from the old part to the new buildings

cac15b6e-5dc3-4b26-9668-c9cdf4abb9c2.jpg

Some older buildings

f615b3af-4777-41b3-aaaa-eb37f2bb724d.jpg

Signs of our times

b1d99eb5-5d5f-48ec-bab3-860e216ef8e1.jpg

The old road and the keeper of the bikes :anicute:

Wow Antonio! Great pictures again, keep up the great work! I feel like I've been touring Portugal, can't wait to see where we get to visit next! :anicute: tsun

Hi Tsun, and hi everyone!

After all the activity in this thread in the last couple of days, here I come once again, not to comment about the baby turtles :anicute: , but to report on the mission of their mother Green Turtle here in Lisbon.

After the first episode in the coast of Lisbon, now this is an urban episode, visiting a cache in the city:

Deutchland in Lissabon - GC1E34Q

And now the log of this find, and the photos.

There was this "Deutchland in Lissabon" cache near our home that we still had not find, so I though this would be a perfect opportunity to show the Turtle (and all the people following it, of course :D) a bit of this neighborhood, a urban environment in the city of Lisbon.

So, after the tennis lesson of my daughter, we both headed to the final coordinates on our bikes. The place is very near a big socker stadium (see the photos), and there's a large road passing by, one of the main entrances in Lisbon.

I took some pictures around, while coming back home from the cache place, which I share with you here to give an idea of where I live. In fact, these are the places that I cross everyday on my way to work (which is also nearby - lucky me :huh:). This is a quiet place, but perhaps not too different from so many others in Lisbon. One of the things I like the most about Lisbon and Portugal is that this is a very peaceful corner in the world, where we can walk around almost anywhere and anytime without the fear of being robbed, or getting into any kind of trouble :D.

One interesting thing in this neighborhood is that you will see traces of old buildings, an old church, side by side with modern building and "urban art" (sometimes not very nice) painted in the street walls.

Well, I hope you enjoy the pictures. More caches and pictures to come soon B)

Antonio aka acasim

4e466fc3-2dc3-4633-bcfa-b2258b4b82d0.jpg

Socker stadium

7b83c243-6281-49d4-b709-08dbeb989b41.jpg

Buildings near the cache

822ae6ed-f98d-4921-9b26-fd1c3e55f351.jpg

The turtle visiting the cache

c8c34dbc-6742-450d-bb34-8737b620e2a6.jpg

Turtle in the hands of my daughter

200a5e52-750d-4d92-9a3e-201332c74c80.jpg

The old road and the church

d77de304-4870-479a-b38c-8500fc4d807f.jpg

Crossing from the old part to the new buildings

cac15b6e-5dc3-4b26-9668-c9cdf4abb9c2.jpg

Some older buildings

f615b3af-4777-41b3-aaaa-eb37f2bb724d.jpg

Signs of our times

b1d99eb5-5d5f-48ec-bab3-860e216ef8e1.jpg

The old road and the keeper of the bikes :anicute:

Wow Antonio! Great pictures again, keep up the great work! I feel like I've been touring Portugal, can't wait to see where we get to visit next! :anicute: tsun

Have to agree. This is great fun to read! One of the best coin traveling ideas I've seen and everyone is taking us on some great tours.

Is there a Southern Hemisphere vacation scheduled for the turtle? I think us Northern Hemisphere folks will enjoy their good weather while we turn colder. :D

I'm glad you enjoyed the tour of the neighborhood :D

Now let me report round three, a bit of nature and history. It was today, and the log explains it all. Just scroll below to see what we were doing this afternoon, before, during and after finding the cache:

Prodrive Top 50 / #2000 - GC1GZGY

Today our compass was pointing in the direction of Monsanto (or "Monte Santo", or Saint mount), which is a large green park in the middle of the Lisbon area (some people say this is the lung of the city). Well, today there was an event in Monsanto (there are geocaching events around here all the time, which is great because we enjoy meeting with people and do funny activities), gathering bikers to go around the mount (and up and down, ufff), covering a total distance of about 12 Km (I guess this is around 6 miles). Not much, but there was all sort of people, and of bicycles, and so it had to be not too hard.

I go there to Monsanto sometimes, doing a bit a down hill (and then up again), which I like. This large park is very pleasant and there is an increasing number of people going there to enjoy the nature and to do sports. The park is mostly wild, forest like, so you can get feel the beauty of nature, and pure air, in its plenitude.

From there we have nice spots over the city, which I hopefully show you in some of the photos. I also show you the beautiful aqueduct of "Águas Livres" (free waters), which served the city with water for more than two centuries, and was crucial for the progress of the city and public health improvement in the XVIII century, when it was built. You will see also the bridge over the "Tejo" (Tagus) river (it looks like one in S. Francisco :anicute:) and the "Cristo Rei", a copy (but smaller) of the same statue in Rio de Janeiro, in Brazil.

I also show you some flora of Monsanto (not that much fauna, only a nice insect...), which means that this third guided tour in Lisbon is about history and nature B) Hope you like.

Of course the Turtle had to visit one physical cache, and this was one of the newest in Monsanto, whose owner is the Top 1 geocacher in Portugal, who recently completed his #2000 found. This cache is to commemorate this achievement.

And that's all for the third guided tour in Lisbon. Let's hope the challenge will be completed in the next weekend :D

Cheers, and have a nice week,

Antonio

And now the photos:

148b6734-f9c1-4042-b803-2120581d7ae7.jpg

Ready for the tour?

6da9d17a-571f-4871-8739-7186092f2579.jpg

A view to the North, over Monsanto

c933ae6a-8141-4b78-b25d-d321c046e136.jpg

Flora I

ba1f34e0-78af-4047-bf03-dbeec09193e0.jpg

Flora II

1f71dc2f-75d0-413c-91a0-2d570b498375.jpg

Flora III

95e2e72d-3044-4cc9-ad13-909a0bae09b0.jpg

Flora IV

c79bd20c-e77d-4eb7-9fe3-af6b97e56e6e.jpg

Flora V

9bddf2cb-2ca2-4c92-b301-81b95b311709.jpg

Insect

34a03097-456f-4c8d-aa44-738781350df7.jpg

Two faces

f1c949d0-0075-471a-befa-ddf694b9920c.jpg

The acqueduct

Continues...

...some more photos.

886a9cd4-6253-4203-8ae3-e1f6df7f28c2.jpg

A view to Lisbon

8098c7f9-4428-4c4e-a788-8677e4345ab0.jpg

The bridge (over Tagus river) and Cristo Rei

b3746096-1684-4e82-a3b1-227de19126e6.jpg

The turtle looking at the city

9646d3e6-89a5-437f-94ad-de3433bcd0c6.jpg

The turtle in the cache

f1fbd7da-11f7-48cb-9a76-d3b6a09031c2.jpg

A view to the West

3f337a2b-35c7-4877-80db-be8e45139351.jpg

Inside the forest

440f16a9-dc98-4a4b-935e-c3e8148b7610.jpg

My daughter with the turtle, under the rainbow

df4d0029-e9c2-4d8b-8af8-374946e803d6.jpg

And the end, for today :anicute:

Cheers,

Antonio

Hi all,

Yesterday I went downtown to complete this challenge by showing a bit of the heart of Lisbon to the Turtle and to everyone following this thread (I hope a lot of you ;)). The cache was the following:

"Stonehenge Lisboeta" - GC1G675

As usual, I'm copying below the text that I wrote in the log, as well as the photos. I hope you enjoy.

Last milestone in Lisbon. And I wanted to show the heart, the light and the feeling of this great city, one of the oldest capitals in Europe (with more than 8 centuries). Well, an impossible task, of course --- If you never visited Lisbon, I wish you will have this opportunity one day, and I bet you'll love to be here :D.

So I'll just show you some views, a small collection of photos that I took just after visiting this final cache, which is quite near the old part of Lisbon, in one of the city hills (Lisbon is called the city of the seven hills, and in fact there's a cache -- well, 7 -- that takes you to each of the hills).

In the photos you can see the bridge, the Tagus river, the castle (on the top of another hill, in a place called "Alfama"), the roofs of downtown, and light, light, light :D I'm not good at words, so I stop here and leave you with the photos.

Just one final word to say that I feel very lucky of having been selected for this challenge. It was a great idea to have these small turtles traveling all over and collecting stories and images (in fact, just like it was supposed to be for traveler GCs and TBs, I guess, but we know that usually doesn't happen). Thank you soooo much Tsun :( And good luck for the turtle!

Antonio (aka Acasim)

f4181361-262b-4a09-9f24-602d83034810.jpg

A typical street, on my way to the cache

e914766f-d3d8-4bd5-9070-9096cc2e217f.jpg

The turtle and the cache

41f1d079-39dd-4ce5-bd3f-ca19a69e4962.jpg

A view over Lisbon from the cache spot

a0208dc0-192c-41e5-af1c-bf5614b1d877.jpg

Lisbon roofs

9d1a242e-ab0b-498c-8fd3-70e66251f1b5.jpg

The Castle of S.Jorge, with the river behind

7ceb6810-178b-4004-82f5-8c601baea408.jpg

The castle and downtown Lisbon

72b06e04-0edc-4616-8fbe-b2696afee617.jpg

A corner with stairs in Alfama

165a9018-3eef-46cd-b565-2231c6438915.jpg

Old monuments and houses in Alfama

4620a428-4bee-4cee-8cf4-5dbe3c3dc01c.jpg

The city merging with the river

ff18fc35-5429-4c23-ae49-af4f229f3676.jpg

Colors and light in Lisbon

Antonio, what a beautiful country Portugal appears to be, thank you for showing all of us a peek into your world! You did an excellent job! Thank you again for all the hard work you put into your pictures and caches :D

** Not to take anything away from Antonio's last round of pictures here but I have been wanting to say this for awhile now. I'm disappointed in the lack of support the 'ET carriers' are receiving in this thread. I know that each person up to this point that has received the ET to complete the challenge has done a really great job. We've seen alot of great pictures and alot of effort put into the whole process. However, it's become a place where hardly anyone supports these people with compliments. Is that a requirement? No it isn't but put yourselves in their place, you put in the hard work that comes along with the Turtle, you post pictures and write nice logs and maybe 1 or 2 people say something encouraging. yet, it's funny when I post 'volunteer session' open, how many people are willing to come out of the wood work and post. All, I'm saying is, I'm disappointed. I just wish it wasn't always about the 'free coin' in the end ;) Thanks to those who have showed support, I and I'm sure the 'Turtle carriers' have appreciated it.

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

Quoting acasim:

Last milestone in Lisbon. And I wanted to show the heart, the light and the feeling of this great city, one of the oldest capitals in Europe (with more than 8 centuries). Well, an impossible task, of course --- If you never visited Lisbon, I wish you will have this opportunity one day, and I bet you'll love to be here .

So I'll just show you some views, a small collection of photos that I took just after visiting this final cache, which is quite near the old part of Lisbon, in one of the city hills (Lisbon is called the city of the seven hills, and in fact there's a cache -- well, 7 -- that takes you to each of the hills).

In the photos you can see the bridge, the Tagus river, the castle (on the top of another hill, in a place called "Alfama"), the roofs of downtown, and light, light, light I'm not good at words, so I stop here and leave you with the photos.

Antonio,

Thanks for the memories. I visited Lisboa with my wife during a break in service several years back. When I first saw the ET headed to Portugal, I wondered if I would remember anything. Not until I saw these photos today. We spent time at the castle you photographed from a distance. We walked through the Alfama district and crossed the Tagus when we first entered the city. We stayed at a hotel in the downtown area and got around by bus, foot, taxi, and (those little trains that go up steep hills). Your photos brought back the memories of this trip and the laid back, unplanned, and pleasant nature of it.

Thanks

There are some spectacular photographers in the geocoin community, that is for certain. ;)

I have to agree - the photographs have been amazing and the people "showing the turtle around" have shown us a great glimpse of their location.

I always love it when the cachers post pictures in their logs and I bet the cache owners are getting a real treat by having these logs on their page.

Well done!

Wow Antonio! Great pictures again, keep up the great work! I feel like I've been touring Portugal, can't wait to see where we get to visit next! ;) tsun

Have to agree. This is great fun to read! One of the best coin traveling ideas I've seen and everyone is taking us on some great tours.

Is there a Southern Hemisphere vacation scheduled for the turtle? I think us Northern Hemisphere folks will enjoy their good weather while we turn colder. :D

hmmmm

Antonio, what a beautiful country Portugal appears to be, thank you for showing all of us a peek into your world! You did an excellent job! Thank you again for all the hard work you put into your pictures and caches :D

** Not to take anything away from Antonio's last round of pictures here but I have been wanting to say this for awhile now. I'm disappointed in the lack of support the 'ET carriers' are receiving in this thread. I know that each person up to this point that has received the ET to complete the challenge has done a really great job. We've seen alot of great pictures and alot of effort put into the whole process. However, it's become a place where hardly anyone supports these people with compliments. Is that a requirement? No it isn't but put yourselves in their place, you put in the hard work that comes along with the Turtle, you post pictures and write nice logs and maybe 1 or 2 people say something encouraging. yet, it's funny when I post 'volunteer session' open, how many people are willing to come out of the wood work and post. All, I'm saying is, I'm disappointed. I just wish it wasn't always about the 'free coin' in the end :D Thanks to those who have showed support, I and I'm sure the 'Turtle carriers' have appreciated it.

tsun

I always come and check out the pictures and stories (which have all been great) - no excuse for not posting I kow, but the pictures and stories speak for themselves, but next time I stop by I will be sure to add my compliments ;)

We finally had a chance to catch up on all the reading and seeing all the beautiful pictures of where your turtles been Tsun. They are very Beautiful areas they have gotten to travel. We love culture and seeing where other people live. It makes us wish we could travel and see such beautiful parts of the world has to offer. Everyone who has taken part of the moving along Tsun's Turtles you have done a great job in everything you have done. This is exactly what Tsun has wanted her coins to do is travel and show her all the great sights. We hope we can be a part in this some day. There is so many places here we love to show you around. We love taking pictures :)

Thank you all for your nice words and for your support! :santa:

I enjoyed a lot participating in this challenge, thinking about what I should do, which places to visit and show you here, which pictures to select, what to say in the logs :santa: But I can assure it is rewarding to go through all that. And it is even more rewarding to receive your feedback and getting to know that some of the photos brought back good memories, or simply that you liked one or another particular photo. Believe me!

Now the turtle is already on its way back to Tsun and I'm already looking forward to see where it will go next :anicute: I will follow closely and I'm sure I will be getting to know fantastic places (almost as nice as Lisbon :))

Cheers,

Antonio

Some very cool pictures and places so far I can't wait for the turtle to get here so I can Sh ow off my area. I have a feeling there will be snow in the pictures. The bar has been set high and the only caches I have left in my area are Mountain hikes or a couple hours driving. I have picked a couple caches to do once the earth turtle arrives. Lisbon looks like a very cool place I especially liked The "X" Cache what a cool rock formation!

I have this thread on my watch list and love all the pics that have been posted. Now I must say though that I really haven't posted basically because of my turtle envy!!!! Yes its out in the open now--I have turtle envy!!

I would love to visit these places but can only live vicariously through the pictures. In fact while the turtle was in Portugal my son was too so I was even doubly interested in those ones. Keep up the good work and I hope to see many other places of the world that I can put on my wish list to visit when I win the lottery.

I have this thread on my watch list and love all the pics that have been posted. Now I must say though that I really haven't posted basically because of my turtle envy!!!! Yes its out in the open now--I have turtle envy!!

I would love to visit these places but can only live vicariously through the pictures. In fact while the turtle was in Portugal my son was too so I was even doubly interested in those ones. Keep up the good work and I hope to see many other places of the world that I can put on my wish list to visit when I win the lottery.

add my name to this list, as I have it on my pinned threads list and always look, but don't offer any comments. I will try and do better. I have enjoyed the travels of the turtles and the pics everyone has posted, but like previously stated, the pics speak for themselves, I couldn't add much to them except "great Job everyone!" :D