CHALLENGE: The Earth Turtle Challenge

tsunrisebey

Are those 2 cutie-pies I see on the coin-page your children? :laughing: Love the picture of them dancing in the surf.

Yep, those are my cachlings, Alex and Abby. Trust me, they only look sweet and innocent.

I really think this one is cute! Can you tell me about the custom involved here? I'm assuming some sort of good fortune by placing a coin on top of the head or maybe it means nothing more than a little girl playing around, lol.

13fc3a25-0c7d-42cc-a7b1-bc99cd603f53.jpg

I believe it's much like a wishing well, asking for good luck. I think you're supposed to put the coins in the little tray near the bottom, but my daughter has her own way of doing things.

Hopefully we're not extending this challenge out too far. We plan on sending the little guy home on Monday, a week after he arrived. Since we are leaving soon, we're just taking him to the places we haven't been able to get to yet. Hopefully, his brothers and sisters will arrive in time for him to greet them before he leaves. Thanx for the challenge, tsun, we're really having fun with it. :)

We took the ET out for his last day of caching in Japan today. He lent us a little luck on a chache that had eluded us, went through a DNF at a local castle, and then visited some local Shisa (lion-dog guardians). We'll pack him up and send him home on Monday. Make sure you visit the Turtle's page for more pictures!

8efcd800-c455-4356-a533-8cf839eec3d3.jpg

GC187A7 - Down By The River

de81a916-9a3c-4299-8c2b-efa8df78d7c0.jpg

GCRAEF - Yachimun no sato

Visit Tsun's Earth Turtle 2008 Geocoin for more of the story and ALOT more pictures.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

VOLUNTEERS BEING ACCEPTED NOW

Please only post with either the state, province or country you live in, nothing else! This will close at 11:00 am Montana time tomorrow night (July 27th, (Sunday) US day/time) for the 2nd round of 1 possible volunteer (the Green Earth Turtle). As long as you understand the bulk of this challenge you are on the right track. I will make sure everything is clear to you and that you have a nice sheet of instructions at the start of this challenge. If you are selected and feel you are not able to complete the challenge after we discuss it, please let me know, you can always volunteer again. All information you need to know is in POST #1. I will repost the information everyonce in awhile throughout the course of this challenge, any additions will be reposted and highlighted in red. Remember only post the place that you live, nothing else. I will make my decision some time on Sunday. Everyone will be made aware of who will start out the next challenge sometime on Sunday or Monday! This is for the turtle that Clandoyle is sending back, they have completed theire challenge

:rolleyes:

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Please only post with either the state, province or country you live in, nothing else! This will close at 11:00 am Montana time tomorrow night (July 27th, (Sunday) US day/time) for the 2nd round of 1 possible volunteer (the Green Earth Turtle). As long as you understand the bulk of this challenge you are on the right track. I will make sure everything is clear to you and that you have a nice sheet of instructions at the start of this challenge. If you are selected and feel you are not able to complete the challenge after we discuss it, please let me know, you can always volunteer again. All information you need to know is in POST #1. I will repost the information everyonce in awhile throughout the course of this challenge, any additions will be reposted and highlighted in red. Remember only post the place that you live, nothing else. I will make my decision some time on Sunday. Everyone will be made aware of who will start out the next challenge sometime on Sunday or Monday! This is for the turtle that Clandoyle is sending back, they have completed theire challenge

:rolleyes:

Alabama!! :blink:

CLOSED

I will post the new Challenge Volunteer on Monday

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

:o

We dropped the Green Earth Turtle in the mail today. I hope he (and all of you) enjoyed his visit. He stayed long enough to welcome his siblings to the island. Thanx for making us a part of this adventure, and good luck to the next cacher!

Awesome pictures Clandoyle!!! Great job :D

No doubt! Started the project off with a bang!