Dissatified Customer @

Has anyone here had issues with Moderators or Reviewers heavy handing your forums topics or caches?

In the last four weeks I made 6 hides, of which only three were published intact. One was stripped down from a mystery to a traditional, and the other was denied because it was within the .10 mile rule. An exemption was denied eventhough it was acrioss a parking lot and a four lane intersection from a mystery cache which has one leg disabled.

I came to this forum and asked for assistance to understand the tactics used and the moderator gave me a time out....his words.

This website and gecocaching.com has a monopoly on this sport/game. With a monopoly come arrogance of which as a paying member I would not tolerate. Other sites just dont have the volume this one has as far as hides. I will say there are dozens of sites that sell supplies, which lets be honest is where the real revenue lies.

Has anyone else had an issue with being censored or issues with caches being posted? I tried to post a question in this forum but was given a "time-out" OMG I can just imagine if I told one of my customers.. Sir, I know your the Minister of Defense, but you get a time out.

My last caches took 7 days to publish. My current hide has been out there for almost 60 hours, lets see how long it takes.

Even my FTF's were amazed by the timeframe.

I came to this forum and asked for assistance to understand the tactics used...

If that is what you really did, the thread would still be alive today. I've never seen a thread where an earnest question was posed politely and the poster given a time out.

If you have trouble getting your caches published, I suggest you re-read the guidelines for listing a cache.

I've been warned. Had posts deleted. Had caches not published due to the proximity rule (that reviewer gave me a gold star for making my case but in the end they said I was asking for too much of an exception). I've had my actions as a cacher called out in the forums, I've made a fool of my own self with nobody's help, been told to stop calling certain misguided folks dorks, have caches rejected for not saying who was going to maintain them, had caches take extra long to publish, had my posting privileges suspended, been pree-emptivly warned to not cause problems, had honest answers questioned as attacks, been warned yet again for forgetting to link to an offending post when using that as evidence in another post, and had Jerimy himself make smarmy remarks aimed at my own smarmy comments.

I've also had caches published within 5 minutes, had reviewers go to bat on my behalf on an issue they didn't agree with, had caches published that were exceptions to every known rule because they fit the spirit and intent of what caching is, had the same mods who busted my chops give kudos. TPTB have taken my calls, given me clearance on things that again skirted their normal rules, helped with a coin series with a donation that they normally charge for. The same smarmy Jeremy took one of my suggestions and it's now standard policy on emails from this site.

Overall everyone works to be balanced and that's no easy task. Do I think they get it right? Mostly. Do they screw it up? Heck yes. Some are better than others, but that's true with all people. If you make a good case you will likely get fair consideration for it in spite of your spate of recent posts that lacked a little tact.

Edit: Should have said Snarky, Not Smarmy...

Edited by Renegade Knight

Has anyone here had issues with Moderators or Reviewers heavy handing your forums topics or caches?

No, not really. An occasional judgment call I may have seen differently but understood (naybe not agreed with) the logic.

In the last four weeks I made 6 hides, of which only three were published intact. One was stripped down from a mystery to a traditional, and the other was denied because it was within the .10 mile rule. An exemptiove an was denied eventhough it was acrioss a parking lot and a four lane intersection from a mystery cache which has one leg disabled.

Not enough info to comment, however did you follow the appeal process for any of them?

I came to this forum and asked for assistance to understand the tactics used and the moderator gave me a time out....his words.

Generally this is only done when forum policies are not followed. Did they give an explanation?

This website and gecocaching.com has a monopoly on this sport/game. With a monopoly come arrogance of which as a paying member I would not tolerate. Other sites just dont have the volume this one has as far as hides. I will say there are dozens of sites that sell supplies, which lets be honest is where the real revenue lies.

Since as you state there are other site, no monopoly exists. If you mean they have the lion's share of the hobbyist using the site, they must be doing something right. Even you are here rather than helping build up another site.

Has anyone else had an issue with being censored or issues with caches being posted? I tried to post a question in this forum but was given a "time-out" OMG I can just imagine if I told one of my customers.. Sir, I know your the Minister of Defense, but you get a time out.

As any businessman will tell you, occasionally there are customers you have to fire. Maybe they"re unreasonable, abusive, etc.

My last caches took 7 days to publish. My current hide has been out there for almost 60 hours, lets see how long it takes.

These timeframes do not seem unreasonable. You have to remember that these are volunteers. Life has it's priorities.

Has anyone else had an issue with being censored or issues with caches being posted?

Not me. I once had a cache submission that was a little too close to an active railroad. The reviewer sounded almost ready to accept it, but after a little discussion with him I decided to move it elsewhere.

The history here is the more confrontational you are the less likely you are to find happiness.

In the last four weeks I made 6 hides, of which only three were published intact. One was stripped down from a mystery to a traditional, and the other was denied because it was within the .10 mile rule. An exemption was denied eventhough it was acrioss a parking lot and a four lane intersection from a mystery cache which has one leg disabled.

:D:D

I've hidden 13 caches so far, and my experience has been absolutely perfect.

I usually submit them at some ungodly hour in the middle of the night, and by the time I wake up in the morning, the cache has been published.

ReZappers

(caches in NJ and NY)

So let me make sure I understand your position correctly.

1. You plant caches that are not in keeping with the guidelines and expect them to be published anyway.

2. You expect to bully the reviewers into publishing these caches that are in violation by calling them names and throwing temper tantrums.

3. You try to gain support by coming to the forums, throwing temper tantrums, and calling people names, the get all butt hurt when your posts that are in violation of the TOU achieve about as much success as your caches which are in violation.

4. You then think you will get support by bullying and insulting other forum members who don't agree with you.

Do I have that about right?

I'm willing to bet that you don't treat people face to face in this same way, knowing what it would likely earn you. Why do you expect it to be different online? I know I'm certainly not impressed by internet tough guys who are under the irrational belief that they can somehow intimidate and bully people online...

Excuse me? Im not an internet tough guy. In fact I find people say things in here they would not say to someone in person. To be clear, Im not one of those people. I came here to try to find infomration or guidance from the group how to deal with this BS before I gave up. This forum is full of nagging and compaliners, I have only had one or two positive and meanigful replies.

Now without being insulting or calling people names Mr Butt Hurt, I wont make threats, I wont make challenges and I wont continue to play small man games with this group. As a former Marine I dont write checks my butt cant cash online or in person.

MODERATOR! KILL this topic, this forum is nothing more than a time delay chatroom. Its not worth my time and frustration.

To set the record straight, only one was skirting the guidlines and deserved an exemption. Still took 7 days to post the others.