One Mapsource + Two CN 2008

shivia

I've had two installed on my system for quite a while now ... one for my eTrex and one for my 60Csx and it works without any issue. The software seems to sort which code to use for which gps automatically (it's the same install, both unlock codes are installed into the same installation).

Hi members, do you know if Mapsource can handle TWO official/paid CN 2008 for two different 60csx on the SAME pc? thanks.

I've had two installed on my system for quite a while now ... one for my eTrex and one for my 60Csx and it works without any issue. The software seems to sort which code to use for which gps automatically (it's the same install, both unlock codes are installed into the same installation).

Hi members, do you know if Mapsource can handle TWO official/paid CN 2008 for two different 60csx on the SAME pc? thanks.

- thanks again lasagna. i just want to make sure that no conflict between two CN on the same mapsource.

Any mapset (City Navigator, Topo US, MetroGuide, etc.) installed on the PC side is only installed once on the PC regardless of how many GPS units you have. The only variable is the 25-digit unlock code for each unit unlocked for the mapset that requires an unlock code. These codes are handled by the Garmin UnlockWizard utility which is installed along with MapSource when you install your maps. I have more than 20 unlock codes for numerous mapsets/units on my system...I would think the number of unlock codes/units is unlimited.

Edited by SergZak
Any mapset (City Navigator, Topo US, MetroGuide, etc.) installed on the PC side is only installed once on the PC regardless of how many GPS units you have. The only variable is the 25-digit unlock code for each unit unlocked for the mapset that requires an unlock code. These codes are handled by the Garmin UnlockWizard utility which is installed along with MapSource when you install your maps. I have more than 20 unlock codes for numerous mapsets/units on my system...I would think the number of unlock codes/units is unlimited.

- ah, ok. So, i do not need to buy another CN dvd. Just buy a new unlock code to match with my second gps via Garmin unlock wizzard site?