Like To Start a Geocaching Club/Group in my area! Help!

I would like to start a Geocache Club/Group in my area of Greater Sudbury Ontario CANADA P0M 3C0

If anyone out there is ambitious and wanted to help me start or set up a group in this are please contact me.

I don't know where hoe to start. Can anone point me in the right direction? Contact's etc.

Ditto KerBer. Host an event, which will build a sense of community. Then, plan to visit some caches together. It will grow from there.

Edit to say that if you choose to host an event, you don't have to make it anything extravagant. Have a simple get together at a restaurant, maybe have a trivia game where people can learn about other cachers. Maybe give away some cache containers or something to whoever answers the most questions correctly. Don't worry that people won't show up. They will.

Edited by Skippermark

Ditto what others have said - have an event, keep it simple... but mostly it is about personality!

If you, or someone you cache with, have the personality to make and keep friends, to make get-togethers and online communications (local forums) fun and friendly, then a social organization will grow around you. All of the clubs that I know of have one or two really outgoing charismatic personalities at their center.

Look for those people and get them involved early.

I had also thought about getting a club of sorts together in our area? Actually, I was thinking of setting up something like a weekly breakfast or lunch where people could show up at a restauarant once a week (something simple like a McDonalds or Hardees?). Maybe make the first one a meet and greet on gc.com and then discuss if people would like to continue meeting their once a week for breakfast or lunch and then everyone could either get together as a group and go geocaching or break up into smaller groups and go after eating? Maybe from there, if the group is big enough start planning trips to other places not so local if there were enough interest? Just a thought?