Garmin eTrex Legend Hookup Help

I got a converter cable for my Garmin to go from USB to the supplied Serial Cable. Installed the software that came with cable adapter. Hooked up GPS and installed Easy GPS. When I try to communicate the two Easy GPS tells me that it does not understand the data.

I have made sure both software and GPS are on same port for communication, but still nothing. HELP!

I got a converter cable for my Garmin to go from USB to the supplied Serial Cable. Installed the software that came with cable adapter. Hooked up GPS and installed Easy GPS. When I try to communicate the two Easy GPS tells me that it does not understand the data.

I have made sure both software and GPS are on same port for communication, but still nothing. HELP!

Does Easy GPS "know" that your Legend is there? Or does it say something like Device Not Found? If Easy GPS can see your Legend, you're halfway home. Check your GPS settings to make sure the communication protocol is set correctly (I think it's supposed to be "Garmin" ).