MRJIFFY's Summer Meltdown Coin Sale

mrjiffy

That's going to be a record breaking post in the Mailbox thread! Congratulations to the Mega Winner! There have been some great photos here. I'm looking forward to seeing the weekly photo and drawing winners! Thanks for a Great Cointest!!

With this one wraping up, and mine coming to a close, we will have to get some new players to come up with the next big Cointest idea!!!

Congrats Solan109. You got quite the prize.

This was a fun cointest to follow. With all the pictures, it was hard for those of us on dial-up but that didn't stop me from just waiting for the pictures to load. I loved all the creativity.

I'm curious as to how many coins survived their summer travels. I know the flood got one.

I can tell you, judging from the 'tone' of the text/sms message I received this morning, that Solan is extremely excited!!

Jason, I can't help with shipping costs, but I can recommend that instead of using her first name use the word "Familjen" to help keep duty/customs charges out of the picture. Also, fudge on the value of the package, shipping is going to drive the value you can "claim" way down as only the first 50 bucks is duty free. Writing Familjen can help with that, because it's 50 bucks per person, but a family has an unknown amount in it and customs can't guess how many are in a family :laughing:

That was the ONE useful thing I learned when I worked here for UPS :laughing:

Congrats, Sol, you deserve it!

*pleased as punch that one of the two coins I released was the winner*

Naomi :D

Congrats Solan109! Wow what a prize!!!

Jason, this was such a great cointest you put together. It was fun releasing coins and seeing where they traveled to. I think it is funny the one I released in PA ended up in NJ, and the one I released in NJ ended up in PA!

Thanks to all the cachers who participated and posted all your great pictures, and some very creative ones at that!

backhiker

b706d218-9b42-43e1-ab4c-b1634bc5cf5e.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'VE BEEN SMILING ALL DAY TODAY :)

That is just so silly. Just think how big that smile will be when the coins actually arrive. CONGRATULATIONS again.

Also THANKS again to Mr Jiffy. This cointest turned into a really big project. I'm sure it brought a lot of smiles to a lot of faces. It was fun following and helping these coins move along.

Hello, hello. Found your coin #49 in a fairly remote cache yesterday. I dropped it today in a brand new cache that should get some traffic over then next week. Took picture as instructed...would love to win. Save travels and good hunting. I will try to figure out how to add the pic to this forum.

Yeah I traded for a copper when he needed nore coins and I am in the same boat you are, want to share a paddle? I have pretty much given up that the other end of the trade happened lost in the the mail or lost in the forgetfulness of forever, either way I just have to move on.

Wella s far as I know it was not even sent... The "I do not answer anymore"-politics of mrjiffy seems to confirm this...

This is ridiculous... :laughing:

Hi Guys, give me a little slack here, I am behind on some of the trades and a couple other coins I owe. They are all coming, no need to slag me in front of the group, this cointest has been a lot of work (more than I antcipated) and also was not too light on my pocket book either so I would appreciate a little more patience from everyones end. Not sure where these PM's went to, but I have received none(no notifications), you must be sending them to the wrong user.

I am getting the last coin trades done this weekend as well as sending out the grand prize. I have completed hundreds of trades over the last year, so you will get your coins, wether they are a prize or trade.

Thanks,

Jason aka MRJIFFY

I too have discovered that these larger scale games can take a lot more work that one might imagine. I have given up a lot of other things in order to keep up, even as poorly as I have been able to. Good to see you again, and I'm looking forward to when you are able to get all caught up. Thanks for having this great game for all of us to play. It's a true gift to let us each have the chance at free coins.

Hi Guys, give me a little slack here, I am behind on some of the trades and a couple other coins I owe. They are all coming, no need to slag me in front of the group, this cointest has been a lot of work (more than I antcipated) and also was not too light on my pocket book either so I would appreciate a little more patience from everyones end. Not sure where these PM's went to, but I have received none(no notifications), you must be sending them to the wrong user.

I am getting the last coin trades done this weekend as well as sending out the grand prize. I have completed hundreds of trades over the last year, so you will get your coins, wether they are a prize or trade.

Thanks,

Jason aka MRJIFFY

Well, I think I am a very patient person and I do appreciate what u have done in this cointest... But months without notice are a little too much... Sending PMs to the wrong user? I doubt that, I am not that stupid... At least we got a notice out of this...

I am not too worried about recieving the coin, I have spent a good bit of time thinking about what it must take to plan this project, and then attempt to execute it. Has to be a difficult endevour.

Thanks again MrJiffy I had a great deal of fun in this cointest and I love the coin design. In fact it has been educational I had force myself to learn how to post pictures in order to enter. I now know what PhotoBucket is.

I was going to make T-shirts to wear to the cointest you know the wanted mr. Jiffy flyers and I bought the transferes got the designs made up, Bought a couple white Ts with yelloy trim around the sleeves and collars and when I ran the transfers through the printer they did not come out the transfers say Ink-Jet and My printer is Laser so I felt pretty stupid, Things don't always go as planned at least for me.

Well, I think I am a very patient person and I do appreciate what u have done in this cointest... But months without notice are a little too much... Sending PMs to the wrong user? I doubt that, I am not that stupid... At least we got a notice out of this...

It is a very well known fact (or perhaps little known in some quarters) that PM's and Emails sent through people's profile quite often just do not work. On the email front Groundspeak want to blame ISP's, my ISP says that is rubbish. Only last night I offered free Oakbucks, a poster said they sent a PM - I never got it.

So no - you are probably not that stupid, but please accept that PM's cannot be relied upon, and neither can emails through Groundspeak. You could always try looking for an email address to use directly in the "address book".

BTW Huge congrats to the winner, and once again I take my hat off to MrJiffy for all the hard work that went into this project. I am sure everyone that took part enjoyed it too judging by the pictures.

It is a very well known fact (or perhaps little known in some quarters) that PM's and Emails sent through people's profile quite often just do not work. On the email front Groundspeak want to blame ISP's, my ISP says that is rubbish. Only last night I offered free Oakbucks, a poster said they sent a PM - I never got it.

So no - you are probably not that stupid, but please accept that PM's cannot be relied upon, and neither can emails through Groundspeak. You could always try looking for an email address to use directly in the "address book".

BTW Huge congrats to the winner, and once again I take my hat off to MrJiffy for all the hard work that went into this project. I am sure everyone that took part enjoyed it too judging by the pictures.

Well said, Tooey!

I've always had great correspondence via Email with MrJiffy and he's always been courteous and polite and just a lot of fun!

He put on a cointest of HUGE magnitude, not to mention cost - for those of you not 'in the know,' coins like what he did can run over 2000 USD to mint, and he got nothing for it in return, nor did he ask for anything for it in return.

Naomi

I'm happy to hear Jason hasn't totally forgotten about this cointest. I was an early winner and have since let go of ever receiving the prize I was told to expect. In fact I was going to send a coin in return for the grand prize so it would've been more of a trade than a prize. As soon as my winning arrives I'll keep my end of the bargain and send you that coin I promised... what?.... 3 months ago or something?

Best wishes getting the whole final push sorted out, J.

The last random drawing prizes I gave out also need to be send out as well, they will come soon as I am mailing out everything over the next few days.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

Mr. Jiffy - Thank you so much for this cool contest! I truly enjoyed looking at all the pictures that were posted. I also had a blast placing two of the coins. One traveled around this area, and another went straight across the pond after I dropped it.

I know that this contest must have been really expensive to put on! I can't even imagine what you paid out of your own pocket to do this for us!

Thank you so much!

:anicute:

The last random drawing prizes I gave out also need to be send out as well, they will come soon as I am mailing out everything over the next few days.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

Mr. Jiffy - Thank you so much for this cool contest! I truly enjoyed looking at all the pictures that were posted. I also had a blast placing two of the coins. One traveled around this area, and another went straight across the pond after I dropped it.

I know that this contest must have been really expensive to put on! I can't even imagine what you paid out of your own pocket to do this for us!

Thank you so much!

:anicute:

Ditto for me!

I loved this cointest! and was able to retrieve two! it was a great deal of fun looking at the fun pictures and planning a few!

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

No problem Jason, if you need any help let me know, I work not far from you.

Is there a list of the other random winners? More curiosity than anything :anicute:

Thanks again for the cointest and a whole load of us appreciate what you did. I hope to have the opportunity to look for more of your coins in the future!

FC

There is still some more photo prizes and random prizes I am giving out, althought there is not many. As the cointest dates are winding down now, I was not going to make much hooplah around those prizes but just contact the geocachers directly and let them know. Thanks for the offer of assistance though, it is appreciated but I pretty much am gettings things under control now (finally!)

I sent out a bunch more trades and other coins owed for the Summer Meltdown today, only a few more to catch up on and also the new winners. The grand prize is packed but needs to be sent out, I did'nt want to haul the giant heavy box downtown with me to work! It will likely go out this weekend or possible by the end of the week if I get home early enough to catch the post office open.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

There is still some more photo prizes and random prizes I am giving out, althought there is not many. As the cointest dates are winding down now, I was not going to make much hooplah around those prizes but just contact the geocachers directly and let them know. Thanks for the offer of assistance though, it is appreciated but I pretty much am gettings things under control now (finally!)

I sent out a bunch more trades and other coins owed for the Summer Meltdown today, only a few more to catch up on and also the new winners. The grand prize is packed but needs to be sent out, I did'nt want to haul the giant heavy box downtown with me to work! It will likely go out this weekend or possible by the end of the week if I get home early enough to catch the post office open.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

I'm also looking forward receiving this wonderful coin I won a while ago.

I understand it's a huge job sending all these coins. Still, I do hope to receive it soon. Thanks for this contest.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

I'm also looking forward receiving this wonderful coin I won a while ago.

I understand it's a huge job sending all these coins. Still, I do hope to receive it soon. Thanks for this contest.

Hi, I have not forgotten about your coin prize, I know you have asked a couple of times about your coin as well so it will soon be on its way. Its definitely taken me a while to get them all out, but they are coming!

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

The 100 geocoin grand prize was mailed out today on its way to Sweden. I had too ship it surface as Airmail was way way expensive! Should arrive in about 4-5 weeks I was told, hopefully it will be a little sooner! Also sent out some other prizing and trades that were still outstanding.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

I want to tell MRJIFFY thank you for the fun cointest. Both Dark Star and I enjoyed finding a coin and taking pictures on our short vacation to Georgetown, TX. Today is Dark Star's birthday and he was notified that he won a coin for his skull photo! You have no idea how excited he was. You made his birthday a bit more brighter. (It might even be coin karma!)

Thanks again,

TX Diva

Mr Jiffy

Thanks for a great cointest. To anyone with a gripe - I thought this mission/cointest thing was easy I promise it isnt, Ran 2 missioins and hey they took over my life, my family time and meant I've been off forum for a few weeks (burnout)

So thanks from here in England

Bob

Bob,

Thank you, you and all of the other participants and watchers both are most welcome. It was my pleasure to have many people enjoy the contest and participate where possible. It definitely takes more time than I anticipated, but everyone is now getting caught up with their trades and prize coins, so everyone should be happy campers within the next couple of weeks.

The grand prize winner will need to wait the longest unfortunately as I could only afford to send their winning package via surface mail as it was very heavy (it is 100 coins after all).

Thanks to everyone for their participation, I truly enjoyed each and every post and photo as part of the cointest!

Best Regards,

Jason aka MRJIFFY

Hi,

Now that the MRJIFFY's Summer Meltdown Cointest is over, I am selling the remaining Black Nickel Regular version coins. They are 1 3/4 in diameter, 3mm thick and finished in immitation hard enamel.

There are approximately 55 of these coins left from a minting of 90. All the coins are trackable and unactivated. None of the other metal versions of the coins are available. I will not be reminting these coins at any time, so this is the one and only opportunity to purchase these coins. Payment will be by Paypal only. Don't send any payment until I am able to send you an invoice as there are limited quantities of coins available.

If you are interested in purchasing this coin, please email me the following information through my geocaching profile:

1 Real Name

2 Geocaching Name

3 Shipping Address

4 Quantity of coins desired

5 Email where I can send the paypal invoice to you

The Cost of the coins is $10 each, this includes shipping (ie you dont pay any shipping). First come first serve basis.

I will be at work and unable to answer questions until this evening.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

SummerMeltdownCoinRegularFrontBack.jpg

Edited by mrjiffy