MRJIFFY's Summer Meltdown Coin Sale

mrjiffy

Picked up MrJiffy #26 and after the treatment of #27 (See post #131) I thought this Summer Meltdown coin needed a vacation so we left PA for some summer sun. We went to the beach and got some quality tanning in!

mrjiffy-Tanning.jpg

The clouds came out but MrJiffy quickly made them go away!

Mrjiffy-waves.jpg

After a hot day at the beach we decided to eat out and ordered sushi. MrJiffy cooked his.

Mrjiffy-Sushi.jpg

Then it was time to say goodbye! What city were we at?

Mrjiffy-Waterworks.jpg

Thanks MrJiffy for sharing with us and allowing us all the opportunity to have some fun in the ninety three days of summer!

ac0a6ef7-4ef6-4b21-b9f7-aa216a92c7bc.jpg8ac4d1f8-2651-4f85-a975-0ce9e906cb19.jpg

Mr Jiffey's Summer Meltdown 2008 Geocoin #36 with my weather station. Why do I look so grumpy? :)

Because this has been the coldest Summer on record, that's why!!!! Overcast and cold!!! Maybe #36 with my weather station will provide the meltdown we have yet to have. Hope so!!!!! :blink:

Edited by scobey

Ok, a lot of the MRJIFFY Summer Meltdown Coins have been sitting in caches for the last several weeks, please take a look and see if one is nearby to you and help get them moving. There is only another 6 weeks left in the cointest and time is running out to participate! Remember the grand prize is a 100 geocoin prize collection, full of LE coins and some HTF coins as well!

Good luck to everyone.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

When this cointest was first announced I was gung-ho and ready to find one during the summer. However, reality is starting to sink in as summer starts to come to an end... The closest any of these coins has gotten to me is about 300 miles and right now the closest one is some 500 miles away... ( I'll spare everyone the details on what that would cost to chase) maybe I'll get lucky and one will end up within a reasonable traveling distance, but I'm not going to hold my breathe waiting for it to happen before the end of the cointest...

Good luck to all that have had the opportunity to find one and good luck in the cointest! :laughing:

I was keeping my eye out for a MrJiffy coin since I had spotted one in the area. While getting ready for work I turned on the computer and noticed that one was placed in Nutlady's Psycho 1500 GC1CZXV... I skipped packing my lunch & headed out to grab the #5. What a great way to start the morning! Great idea, thanks for the fun!! cadiannMrJiffycopy.jpg Geesh.... just camera shy, that's all. :laughing:

Ok, a lot of the MRJIFFY Summer Meltdown Coins have been sitting in caches for the last several weeks, please take a look and see if one is nearby to you and help get them moving. There is only another 6 weeks left in the cointest and time is running out to participate! Remember the grand prize is a 100 geocoin prize collection, full of LE coins and some HTF coins as well!

Good luck to everyone.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

I've put most of the coins that are in the US and canada on my watchlist, so if I get near any of them I can take a shot at it. If I was in my own car, I might have traveled from Oklahoma to Dallas last week for an attempt, but In the Big Company Truck, I can't just go tooling all over the country. I passed by one cache that's supposed to have one in it, but it's a puzzle Cache, and the last CoinSeeker reperts it not in the Cache. I'm keeping tabs on this though

Team Hebi's Third Mr. Jiffy's Summer Meltdown Geocoin Find, # 17, in Cache Midhurst Views (GCGCG7) on August 10th. On the way in you got to experience this great river view:

IMG00099.jpg

We placed it in Cache "Resistor is Futile"(GC15B5P) on August 17th. Travelling to this cache we enjoyed this scenic view.

IMG00102.jpg

Here is a photo of the coin just before replacing in new cache.

IMG00104.jpg

Good luck to everyone.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

I found #12 today. Does a picture of it side by side with a picture of me count? or do I need to be holding it? Sorry, don't have time to read all the threads at this point to see if someone's already asked that. Also, haven't participated in one of these forums before. Maybe I'll find out when I try to post how to upload a pic? If not it has been uploaded to #12's tracking page.

Scottbob139

Edited by scottbob139

Good luck to everyone.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

I found #12 today. Does a picture of it side by side with a picture of me count? or do I need to be holding it? Sorry, don't have time to read all the threads at this point to see if someone's already asked that. Also, haven't participated in one of these forums before. Maybe I'll find out when I try to post how to upload a pic? If not it has been uploaded to #12's tracking page.

Scottbob139

Found #29 over the weekend in sunny Colorado. Of course, this was after 3 days of rain so getting out geocaching was a welcome break from the rain.

Took the coin to the beach today (or at least the closest thing Colorado has to a beach).

All of us with the coin.

1d516137-8300-40a2-99d5-ca5e4c36f432.jpg

Playing in the sand with the kids.

7d2f0d0c-74f1-463d-9e21-9b289d2e34de.jpg

Mr. Jiffy's Summer Meltdown Coin catching some surf.

92416654-3e6a-490d-b52c-48ec15b123fb.jpg

We dropped him in Up, Up, and Away. Should be some good traffic with the Balloon Festival next weekend. Hope he gets to travel more soon!

After finding out about this great cointest, I eventually got wind that one of these coins was in the area and I had been on the lookout ever since. And then, when it was dropped in a cache just a mile from the house and my handy-dandy smarter-than-I-am "Smart Phone" alerted me to the drop, I--the Jeep and I, really--made the grab within minutes...being the crazy cacher that I am, I will even admit that I left dinner on the stove as Li'l Monster and I burned rubber to "Prehistoric Cache" (GC15TMR).

This is a way-cool--or "hot," as it were--Geocoin! And what a great cointest!

Super Kudos need to go to MrJiffy for the emotional, psychological, and financial effort that has gone into these coins and this contest. Well done!

Here's a few shots with the coin [#05] and Li'l Monster, my cache-mobile, that puts the Jeep in "JeepinCalifornia!"

Thanks for the fun, MrJiffy! ;)

GeoCoinPic2-copy.jpg

GeoCoinPic1.JPG

Edited by JeepinCalifornia

I found #25 in the COINBOX cache in Birmingham, England, I got captured by security whilst finding the cache and had to explain! luckily everything was ok :D Here is some pics of #25 with a cat, it comes into our house but it's not our cat !!!!! it seemed to like the coin !

DSC00021.jpg

Waht's this then ?

DSC00024.jpg

Think I'll scratch myself on it...

IMGP1284.jpg

Meeeooowwww !

Our kids wanna know ......"Can you find Mrjiffy?" With the eager participation, and inspired by I Spy books, the kids have hidden myjiffy #20 in a sea of bright yellow sunshine. *WARNING* sunglasees are highly recommended :wub:

2784688590_84837e583d_b.jpg

2784687612_476fb9883b.jpg bigger pic of coin number available if needed

Will be dropping agent 20 off tomight to satart his next mission

ac0a6ef7-4ef6-4b21-b9f7-aa216a92c7bc.jpg8ac4d1f8-2651-4f85-a975-0ce9e906cb19.jpg

Mr Jiffey's Summer Meltdown 2008 Geocoin #36 with my weather station. Why do I look so grumpy? :wub:

Because this has been the coldest Summer on record, that's why!!!! Overcast and cold!!! Maybe #36 with my weather station will provide the meltdown we have yet to have. Hope so!!!!! :wub:

Hey Scoby, nice to put a face to ya....LOL, You are only having a BAD summer because I had to stay south this summer and I kept all my sunshine with me and created record highs in Texas. LOL

The weather has been awful in Alaska with record lows and record rains, my family has only picked 1 1/2 gallons of raspberries when we normally get 17+. Come south and thaw out, your "Frozen Buns" I have plenty of extra room.....LOL

Edited by Frozen Buns

Hey Scoby, nice to put a face to ya....LOL, You are only having a BAD summer because I had to stay south this summer and I kept all my sunshine with me and created record highs in Texas. LOL

That is where the record highs come from? We need to send you back! :)

Yep, I never dreamed my Frozen Buns would melt down to nothing, now I have to create a new way to freeze them.....sitting on an old fashioned Ice Cream churn like when I was a kid would work LOL

We found coin #29 at Up Up and Away (GCHRQK) yesterday during the Rocky Mountain Balloon Festival. We surprised ourselves by finding the cache without our GPS. I had looked briefly at Google maps and since we were in the area, we gave it a try. Success.

We didn't know anything about Mr Jiffy's contest before we found the coin so that was another nice surprise.

We took this picture this morning and dropped the coin in Pint Size (GC1CHD6) a few hours later.

eb1c7122-355a-4822-8712-3b4035e3f353.jpg

Found #32 at Lion's & Tigers & Bears. Great excuse to drive for an hour or two and a fantastic way to find out about this cool animal refuge. Mr Jiffy had loads of fun in the sun checking out all of the animals before we dropped him near the airport. Of course when we dropped him it started raining :unsure: .

ee6da2b4-1aa5-4aa1-ae56-7f91514bcb56.jpg03782055-3b61-4584-999b-e54141db7229.jpge775aae0-c903-4bd3-8f51-32865e594c3b.jpg

4c9f037c-ae16-4ada-960b-c32b83bbd201.jpg7aa24af7-344a-493d-8ccb-5ba232b8e47c.jpg

Thanks for a great cointest!

We took Mr Jiffy on a tour of a hidden gem which we would not have discovered if it were not for geocaching. We placed a cache here for a local event,and loved the boardwalk, the swamp, the wildlife, the bush and little waterfalls all over the place. It truly was a great place for a wander.

2800972793_3638914fa5.jpg

Mr Jiffy cooling off so he doesn't have a meltdown!

2800971627_de56f015b8.jpg

Mr Jiffy cooling down on another small waterfall just further down the stream.

2800970485_cbcb3c77ce.jpg

Princess Butterfingers holding Mr Jiffy on the boardwalk - we're hoping she doesn't live up to her name :cry:

2800973741_d48e63eb47.jpg

PBF on the rest of the boardwalk. A nice trail here.

*Edited to fix photolink and add text!

Edited by fingers crossed

Team Hebi picked up our 4th Mr.Jiffys Summer Meltdown Coin (# 20) from GCKOBM (Riley's Travel Bug Treehouse of August 23rd. We needed to do this quickly as the "Summer" power of the previous coins was waning quickly as you can see by this "freak" snowfall that somewhere near Toronto, Canada experienced.

IMG00108.jpg

At first the power of the coin did nothing but then we remembered the fable of Frosty The Snowman and placed the coin in the position of power:

IMG00112.jpg

This seemed to work as the record snowfall quickly diminished:

IMG00109.jpg

The Coin has now been placed in GC1FM96 (Elliott Woods) on August 30th. Hopefully summer will remain for at least another month

IMG00116.jpg

Okay. I live in Pasadena, Newfoundland, Canada. We were planning a holiday in New England. Hubby (not a cacher) says pick one or two caches for each state so that you can log finds in different places. "Make them easy...I'm NOT spending my holidays looking for a tupperware container in the woods"

So, that's what I did. Logged New Brunswick, had a DNF in Maine, and took a day trip to Vermont. I had three TBs in my bag for trading. Wanted to go to a TB hotel to bring something home. Well, logged one in Vermont that had no TBs in it. Hubby says" leave all these here...then we're done with them." I did. Next day went to log a cache in New Hampshire only to discover that it was another TB hotel. Well, I didn't have any TBs left so I was just going to do a TNLN log. It was FULL. I decided to take one anyway and locked onto coin #46. It's mission was not as specific as the others, so grab it I did.

I know I kind of broke the rules but I got the coin moving. I took a pic of me with the coin. Nothing too imaginative, I'm afraid. I'm kind of hoping my story or even the luck of the draw, the fact that I traveled so far to get a coin, or the fact that I brought it back a big distance will count for somethng in this cointest.

Now to figure out how to post a pic.

Guiderchachi

MRJIFFY, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

103_0554-2.jpg

Edited by guiderchachi

Thanks Everyone for your continued engagement with the cointest. Another drawing soon to come for some additionla weekly prizes soon! I have been a bit tardy in sending out the last batch of prize coins as life in general has been busy, they will be on their way soon!

21 days left to find the coins and post picttures. Good luck to everyone!

Best Regards,

Jason aka MRJIFFY

We found coin #27 in PA and after reading what the contest was about we knew where to take the coin.

8-30-08 Wharton state forest NJ, batsto river, the south jersey geocachers were having an end of summer outing, a great beach one the river and great cachers, after a day of fun playing in the water we took #27 out to find a paddle only cache to place him in, the container was to small so he stayed with us for the day

bc7cd989-1b51-48ce-9f73-2ccf3fe5cb39.jpg

85cc100b-1447-493c-9428-5e2fd1f24d56.jpg

d96988e6-3c36-43eb-a6ed-bdd7ca493134.jpg

d96988e6-3c36-43eb-a6ed-bdd7ca493134.jpg

At the end of the day we placed #27 in a cache called Summer dosent last forever

I picked up Mr. Jiffy #37 at Tamarack Swamp with my family on Labor Day. This morning before I left for work I snapped some pictures with me doing the "Summer Meltdown" pose. The first one came out the best, but I did a couple of close-ups that didn't come out as good, but I put them together in an animated gif that was pretty fun. I went out at lunch today with one of my caching buddies and dropped it off at Clean Kilowatts. Thanks for this great cointest!

ad61163c-0a3c-4df0-b75a-d11911aa1bea.jpg

mr-jiffys-summer-meltdown-cointest.gif

Click for Animated Gif

Well seeing that not a single coin has gotten close enough for me to go get, looks like I wont be entering the cointest. Good luck to all those who have and will enter. At least I still got a MR J coin for my donation. Still makes me happy.

Aw come on if I can drive out to GCF you can make it this direction for a Jiffy coin. Just keep your eyes out for #26 and #27 (both are with cachers right now) good luck! ;)

I found coin #27 in a cache called Summer dosen't last forever, I took the coin and my dog (candie) to Taylor wildlife preserve we always have fun walking along the river.

#27 got to see the Delaware river, and meet my dog candie, I hope it had fun

2502b9aa-2d9b-4098-a490-04b413049f74.jpg

Candie with #27

c930afc6-6eeb-46bc-b022-8040ca105a20.jpg

#27 along the Delaware river

6fd201f9-2e0a-4ed3-876f-ed8be2e64023.jpg

#27 at the Hal Taylor sundial

Edited by Tinkerbell_4_life

Hi Everyone,

Here are some additional winners from over the last two weeks. A random number was drawn from between posts #144 and 182, and the winner was post #153 Walking Spirit, The next random number drawn was from between posts #183 and 209, the random number winner from this grouping was Droo with post #190. Each of these geocachers wins a MRJIFFY Summer Meltdown Frosty Gold version prize coin (only 30 pieces minted). The two fun photo winners for the two week period are post #159 Sharom12 and #207 Ble68. Each of these geocachers wins a regular edition Black Nickel MRJIFFY Summer Meltdown coin! Please email me your addresses through this profile and I will get your coins out ASAP.

Congratulations to all the winners and keep the photos coming!

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

zon.gifWOW! That's great news on a tropical Dutch day

Thanks a bunch! PM is on the way.

no-value.gif Getting worried here as I still haven't received this special coin. :blink::anibad::P Any news about this coin I won?

Hi

Home at last from the wet West Coast of the UK. Grabbed coin #23 and moved it on the next day but didn't have a way of getting the picture from camera to internet.

Found the coin near the grave of Robert Burns' (famous Scottish poet) parents grave hence the photo, on probably the driest day of our holidays. Would have done something more creative had we been able to read up on the competition first - never hear of a cointest before. Had a great holiday though - 80 caches in 15 days including our first ever FTF and a couple of 5 star terrains.

I've never uploaded a picture in this way before so let's see if this works! No it didn't so now haven't got a clue how to upload the picture - looks like we'll have to give the cointest a miss.

Loved the coin

Busy Lissy