MRJIFFY's Summer Meltdown Coin Sale

mrjiffy

I finally caught up with one of these coins. Really neat.

Here in central Florida it is always in Meltdown conditions so I thought I would see if the coin would melt down before an egg would cook on the sidewalk. The egg lost and so did I!

b0bc3d97-d098-45af-ab4f-a3f2b7c5e374.jpg

2d96f2c9-3c29-4ac6-9f95-8882dd675312.jpg

b489865d-394d-446c-b4b0-8a4ae40870aa.jpg

Edited by RogFel

Thanks to whomever made up the posters and sent them out, they look great! Thanks to everyone for the great photos and participation in the cointest to date! Hopefully lots of other geocachers will get the chance to participate prior to the end of summer!

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

Hmm, very interesting as I know nothing about the flyers! I guess we'll maybe find out what they are as things progress! Maybe you can post a photo?

MRJIFFY

I hear to report that I got a very peculiar item in my mailbox today . . . a "Wanted Mr. Jiffy" flyer. Strange, very strange ( especially since it came through the mail without a postmark :laughing: - Very strange indeed :) )

MrJiffy004.jpg

You'll note that the corner says "FBI" . . . (Fat Butts Incorporated? - That's what we called it when I was a kid :) )

:o Our coin #26 met up with someone that did not make him happy!

snow.jpg

He quickly took care of the problem and turned the snow man into a huge pool where he and his new friend dorkfish relaxed for the day. :lol:

swimmm.jpg

#26 then came to visit our turtle. They swam around in the tank together!

jifandturt.jpg

He ended his visit by hanging out with the dog and cat.

doggg.jpg

Thanks for the fun. Tomorrow he will head off to a new cache for others to find! :lol:

Edited by Ble68

i got # 16 from thorny1 and got a pic but i dont know how to upload it :D , im not very techy.

i placed it in one of mine the other day.

do you think i can send you an emial of the pic and you can upload it for me??

9a2fda79-b4e6-457e-9118-1819550d4717.jpg

a rainy southern summer day of caching, you gotta love'em

ok, got it! :D

thank you soo much for the help!

and thanks for the welcome

Edited by fatkidsOTWunite

My son and I drove up to Grapevine, Texas this past Saturday to find Mr. Jiffy #12 in the First Aid cache - it was very hot day and we did lots of walking - but we did find Mr Jiffy #12 ...

This is Ian with Mr. Jiffy...

341651292_2RBCc-S.jpg

This is Me with Mr. Jiffy...

341652867_KW85b-S.jpg

Here is all three of us back home...

341666896_pCehf-S.jpg

Finally, we Mr. Jiffy said he was cold, so we heated him up a bit :unsure:

341669035_97cti-S.jpg

Mr. Jiffy continued his journey in Arlington, Texas in the "Vacant, but for how long?" cache.

Thanks for the Cointest :drama: ,

-jensj

Being camera shy, there won't be a photo of me ( and well may you be thankful for that).

It's the middle of winter down south here in Hobart Tasmania but while cold, the days are still pretty clear and beautiful. Nice enough to zap out at lunch and do a bit of caching.

Found Meltdown #30 down on the banks of the River Derwent. Here's a photo of of him from the cache site with the Hobart's "iconic" Tasmanian Bridge in the background :mad: Since he wasn't too close to the water, took his "wetsuit" off for the photo :ph34r:

As you can see, the weather is still pretty good, if only the temperature was a little bit warmer .

Moving him on from "sea" to "summit"

( Just noticed that even though there's no photo of me, there's a fingerprint on him. You "septics" ;) can't take the photo, blow up the picture, run the print till you find a match like on all those US Crime shows can you :mad: )

(p.s. Just noticed that Mr Jiffy is actually Canadian....... there goes my chances of winning anything :ph34r: )

DSC00034.jpg

Edited by fidjit

OMG, I should read more here and not just enjoy the pictures! ;)

I was totally surprised to find a Summer Meltdown Coin in my mailbox today, because I thought the time for me to win was over (there was already a drawing in that week) and haven't read that there was a second chance and that I won a coin :mad::mad:;):ph34r:

Now it is clear why it is so hot here (for us) during the last days... I couldn't sleep well for the last 3 or 4 days because it was too warm to sleep, and we have temperatures over 30 °C since Friday (that is the day the coin was mailed out B) )

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Jason!!! :ph34r::o:o

And thanks to you all for your great pictures, and congratulations to all other winners!!! :D

06fc74fb-aead-4814-8813-bc12f1a9e8f1.jpg

I was so pleased to find this coin in the TB/Coin basket at the Caching, camping and chilling at the Crocodile! and since I knew what it was I quickly grabbed it :mad:

It was a hot and sunny day, 32 C but luckily the eventsite was located near to a lake (that´s where I'm standing ). We all had a great time and looking forward to come back next summer for the next event ;)

Edit: It was coin #1

Edited by Solan109

Well, where to begin? I saw coin #4 logged into a cache of mine a few weeks ago, and thought to myself 'That name sounds familiar, didn't I read about this in the forums?' So I took a look at the coin page and cheered to myself 'Woo Hoo'!! I never thought one of these coins would come close to me! Thanks to Ziggy who was traveling through Missouri and picked up this coin and carried it with him to Iowa and plunked it in my cache. I didn't have any of them on my watch list, so I was very excited to see this coin turn up. And then I waited one too many days to retrieve it..... :unsure: . So I had to wait for the grabber to drop it in a cache 30+ miles away. I had one opportunity to fetch it and hope that no one beat us to it on the day we made the trip. Well, I did the bushwhacking and my son Bus Boy took the picture from the edge of the woods. (He was wearing shorts and sandals). I found it in a huge pail container in a wood pile (a TB hotel, of sorts) and held it up for him to get the pic. I hung on to it and got a nice photo of Mr. Jiffy for my scrap book. I had a hard time finding a regular cache to place him in, since almost all the new caches in my area happened to be micros! But lucky for me, one of my cachin' buddies hid a new cache a while back (Casey's Cache) in a very clever container (his forte) with just enough room for Mr. Jiffy. I know he will be grabbing it soon. He loves coins, too. Thanks for the cointest and I really am enjoying all the pictures.

dsc0174ng7.jpg

Big Momma's House cache

dsc0324ql3.jpg

Sizzlin' Hot Summer Meltdown

Hi Everyone,

Here are some additional winners from over the last two weeks. A random number was drawn from between posts #144 and 182, and the winner was post #153 Walking Spirit, The next random number drawn was from between posts #183 and 209, the random number winner from this grouping was Droo with post #190. Each of these geocachers wins a MRJIFFY Summer Meltdown Frosty Gold version prize coin (only 30 pieces minted). The two fun photo winners for the two week period are post #159 Sharom12 and #207 Ble68. Each of these geocachers wins a regular edition Black Nickel MRJIFFY Summer Meltdown coin! Please email me your addresses through this profile and I will get your coins out ASAP.

Congratulations to all the winners and keep the photos coming!

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

Ouch My story though long and lame (with multiple poor pictures) didn't even get an honorable mention. Alright thats it I'm hiring a professional Photographer and sharpening my pencil. Congratulations Droo & Ble68, Im still al little angry ble68 log those coins out sooner so I don't waist gas. Good work guys!

Edited by BrierPatch

What a great idea and the coin is one of the best designs I've seen. Went to retrieve my cache DLJ's Jurassic Walk Cache - Ashby St. Ledgers which required maintenance and the coin (#25) was in there, which was a nice surprise because it hadn't been logged at that time as being there!

Here's a couple of photo’s with Master Follow the OX introducing the sun to the moon here in sunny Northamptonshire, England.

9b4aad28-97fe-4522-aef2-0356e6956d17.jpg

57229221-5dd6-4871-84f8-c4b852b5158a.jpg

Thanks for the releasing the coins.

Edited by Follow the OX

Hi Everyone,

Here are some additional winners from over the last two weeks. A random number was drawn from between posts #144 and 182, and the winner was post #153 Walking Spirit, The next random number drawn was from between posts #183 and 209, the random number winner from this grouping was Droo with post #190. Each of these geocachers wins a MRJIFFY Summer Meltdown Frosty Gold version prize coin (only 30 pieces minted). The two fun photo winners for the two week period are post #159 Sharom12 and #207 Ble68. Each of these geocachers wins a regular edition Black Nickel MRJIFFY Summer Meltdown coin! Please email me your addresses through this profile and I will get your coins out ASAP.

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

zon.gifWOW! That's great news on a tropical Dutch day

Thanks a bunch! PM is on the way.

Hi Everyone,

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

zon.gifWOW! That's great news on a tropical Dutch day

Thanks a bunch! PM is on the way.

SO COOL!! My Dutch buddy won a coin with one of the Mr Jiffy coins that was originally sent to me!

Congrats, WS, I'm happy for ya~ Tell your buddy hi for us, too!

Naomi :D

Hi Everyone,

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

In the words of my 17 year old daughter OMG Homie, that is AMAZING! So happy to have been selected to win one of these coins as this is the first cointest I have participated in. Loving the hunt and appreciate ya'll sharing the ride. THANKS Jason!

Received my organizer coin today. Wow this thing is awesome. How did you know BN was one of my fav flavors?....lol. Also, thanks for the extra as I have never seen the poker chip coins before. They are both very "cool". Will be posting a pic in the Mailbox thread....as soon as I find my camera again

Thanks Mr. J and I was glad to of helped

Sadly "Mr. Jiffy's Summer Meltdown Geocoin #3" may be lost. It's in a cache that the corp of Engineers may have flooded. Because of RECORD flooding conditions on Mark Twain Lake, the corp decided to release water through the dam causing flooding OF the area below the dam. Coin #3 was placed in a cache right below the dam. TIME WILL TELL. I can't imagine the cache can survive this.

Here's Mr Jiffy #34 at the Runcorn Bridge which is in errm Runcorn, in North West England.

He is going to the UK's first ever Mega Event this weekend. At the event you can leave TB's in a special room but I have had so many coins go missing at events that I will only personally give him to a cacher whos identity I know.

2c5d52fc-7415-4b91-b679-f8f514836ada.jpg

Thanks to whomever made up the posters and sent them out, they look great! Thanks to everyone for the great photos and participation in the cointest to date! Hopefully lots of other geocachers will get the chance to participate prior to the end of summer!

Best Regards,

MRJIFFY

Hmm, very interesting as I know nothing about the flyers! I guess we'll maybe find out what they are as things progress! Maybe you can post a photo?

MRJIFFY

I hear to report that I got a very peculiar item in my mailbox today . . . a "Wanted Mr. Jiffy" flyer. Strange, very strange ( especially since it came through the mail without a postmark ;) - Very strange indeed ;) )

MrJiffy004.jpg

You'll note that the corner says "FBI" . . . (Fat Butts Incorporated? - That's what we called it when I was a kid :laughing: )

I got two of these in the mail today. :anibad:

Hi Mr Jiffy,

Just to let you know that we found your Summer Meltdown coin number 35 in the Lightspout Waterfall cache. It is a superb cache that is so ingeniously placed that over 50% of the people who look for it don't find it. The owners must laugh when they see two or three entries on the trot saying that the cache must have been muggled. They know that it is still there, it is just the clever placement of the cache that foils people.

The cache is in a superb place, one of the most picturesque is Shropshire, half way up a valley in the Long Mynd hills.

Thanks for letting us in on your Summer Meltdown. We'll wait with bated breath to see if we have won a coin but if not we still had fun finding it. I'm afraid the photo is just me, the rest were camera shy. Not a great photo, it was done a cheap camera phone.

This is my first post in the forum so I've just discovered that I don't know how to post the photo. I can't find a file attachements link so I have posted the photo onto the Geocoin's own site

Cheers

Newwriter

Found coin #50 in GCR7VZ

Didnt realise we needed to be creative with the photos, so just had a quick pic snapped with me at GC5CB0, but decided not to leave it there as it is quite remote (last cache visit there was 4 years prior).

harrison070.jpg

Ended up leaving it at GC1B0FJ Snow Stop, which seemed approprate for the theme of the coin.

Thanks for the awesome cointest!!

Edited by savant9

OK, getting #35 and 36 started in Alaska, really wanted a T-Bone steak for dinner and thought Mr Jiffy could help thaw it out but it sure is taking a long time. Second pic is Mr. Jiffy Melting VERY VERY SLOWLY at 11PM in the Midnight Sun, at 50 degrees it may take all night. :D

100_6953-1.jpg

100_6958-1.jpg

Great Photos...Is there a prize also for best photo's at the end?? Interesting to note that in line with the general GeoCaching theme, I thought at first that the steak was a rock, with marbling and crystals. I really love the beads of sweat in the second picture! Great job.

2731151588_166d62a6e7.jpg

I found Mr. Jiffy #12 right before taking a weekend trip to Georgetown, TX. He seemed happy to take the road trip when he found that he could go to InnerSpace Caverns! He enjoyed being the only light in the cave. After a trip to the caverns we went geocaching around Georgetown and he wanted to pose with a flower that looked like him. It was really hot, so he took a dip in the pool. He had an exciting day and fell asleep as his head hit the pillow!

Found Mr. Jiffy #5 at the Welcome to Tulare Cache here in California. Below are pictures of me with Mr. Jiffy and a couple of him with the thermometer! Neat idea and great prize at the end. 2556485120032887166xLNiUw_th.jpg

I can't figure out how to do them all in one so I will just add each picture as a post. Sorry.

GREETINGS from Sweden!

Our family are new to Geocaching and have only been trying this for about 4 days totally. Today our 7 year old son found the first Geocoin ever. This was the cache.

MrJiffys_coin_2.jpg

It's MrJiffy's coin #2 we found. Here in Östersund, Sweden it was a very sunny day today - perfect for Geocaching with the kids!!

We are taking the coin with us on our trip this weekend and it will end up at another place in Sweden. :mad:

Regards,

Cherish, Team Cheulf

Välkomna, Team Cheulf!!

It does my heart good to see a coin that I released making the rounds ;)

Naomi

Hi Naomi and TACK!!!

It was very fun finding it and we like to see were the coin ends up in September! We have some spots to choose from were we'll drop it and we plan to drop it where it's certain it will go on touring in Sweden (or Nordics?).

We found three new caches today ... :anitongue:

/Cherish for Team Cheulf, Sweden

I picked up Mr Jiffy #34 coin from Foinavon at the UK's First Mega Event in Harrogate and the next day took it for a walk to some woods nearby. The woods are at Lumley Reservoir which looked like a great place to cool off on a hot summer's day (if we ever have any here).

A lovely little coin - nice to be able to take part in this competition. Thanks!

31d8f53d-ed8b-477f-8ee7-d2efeb5e953a.jpg

We picked up coin #7 from Appleton, WI and then headed to the Children's Hospital Herma Heart Center picnic at the Milwaukee Zoo in Milwaukee, WI. During our visit to the zoo, we brought along the coin and took pictures with many of the animals. After visiting the zoo, we dropped this coin off in the cache Doctorin' The Tardis (GC1EPDB).

First Mr Sun #7 visited a Hungry Polar Bear...

f7fd5976-8fba-4c1b-bea8-76f2f4ea6455.jpg

Then he spotted a Peacock...

e3355bac-b3dc-46fa-b113-fe0ea5ec1569.jpg

He got scared of the Ssssnakes!!!

1dbfb9a1-c736-4d46-8cb1-07544be101a3.jpg

And the BATS!!!!

43d4a7d4-11e1-4b25-a9d5-c1b3644181ba.jpg

Then he Monkeyed around with the cheetah girls...

6959e1e5-6d7d-4020-acce-92745b5c6975.jpg

Swimming with the ducks...

cb083e0c-020e-4d9e-9730-b59900f54f4e.jpg

Finally, he visited the Butterfly garden...

d7ceffa4-0e38-4cc7-a6bf-a8d1b5f9065d.jpg

Sincerely,

the cheetah girls

Appleton, WI