Submitting EarthCaches

genegene

I'm not sure on how it works for EarthCaches but I was wondering if they go through the same process as Geocaches when you want to put a delay on the publication date.

I have a bunch of caches that I have set up for the W.M.G. picnic and I have half of them on hold for publication until after the event.

Can I do the same for EarthCaches, have the area on hold until after the event?

Has anyone done this?

I think I put on the event that there would be new earthcaches and had the coordinates ready. The GSA staff are on regular business hours, so they don't publish at odd hours. I think I did request that they published on a Friday instead of the middle of the week though.

Hi everyone,

I've got a question I'd like to ask anyone who might know. I've already asked TerryDad2 and he doesn't know. I'd like to put a 'hold' on a spot I found where I'd like to create an earthcache. As it takes alot of time researching and creating the cache, I want to make sure no one else publishes one in the same spot before I do.

Has anyone had any experience/problems with this before? Its my first attempt at an earthcache and am afraid its going to take some time.

Thanks for any help :laughing:

Hi everyone,

I've got a question I'd like to ask anyone who might know. I've already asked TerryDad2 and he doesn't know. I'd like to put a 'hold' on a spot I found where I'd like to create an earthcache. As it takes alot of time researching and creating the cache, I want to make sure no one else publishes one in the same spot before I do.

Has anyone had any experience/problems with this before? Its my first attempt at an earthcache and am afraid its going to take some time.

Thanks for any help :)

Hi Fearless0,

just a hint, do some research up front. It helps! And be fast, that helps some more!

Good luck. Things will work out just fine.

Keep up the good work.

GeoBSWEScout