Another all-day biking/geocaching trip (Piermont/Nyack)

maurycy

Tomorrow, I am going for another bike trip. This one starts in Tallman Mountain Park in upstate NY and goes thru Piermont, Nyack to Rockland Lake (and back). Most of the trip is by the Hudson River but there are going to be two or three steep hills. Plenty of caches along the route.

Here is link to the GPX file with route.

Inviting anybody who would like to join me. I know it is a short notice, but I wasn't sure what the weather is going to be like. I am going to be on my mountain bike and it is going to be recreational trip not a race. One thing to remember is that you need helmet in NY state if you are riding bike.

Biking and geocaching is fun. You can't get to all caches on a bike but there are a lot of easier ones in public parks. Bike is also a good excuse if you need to look for the cache. I am just pretending that there is something wrong with my bike chain. It worked well last time where I was looking for a cache almost in the middle of an intersection with cars stopped at the red light just few feet from the spot.

Theres a all series of caches in town here at bus stops. Twice in one day I had to wave the bus on after he stopped to pick me and my bike up. I was sitting in side the covered bus stop signing the log. Must have been a site to see. Me sitting with my bike, helmet and sunglasses next to me on the bench. Talk about a bad case of helmet hair!

Just came back. It was a nice trip. I have actually started a little north than planned (Piermont not Tallman Park) and went a little further. Total 26 miles, 7.5 hours of biking/geocaching/sightseeing. The trail by the river is a great scenic road. I just do not like riding wearing helmet. It gives me headache :-)

Well, I found only 5 because a lot of them were in the woods where you would have to hike. Also I have brought binoculars instead of the camera but it was well worth it. View of the Hudson River is great.

I think my helmet is ok. I just had to adjust it in the back (which I did not know is adjustable). It fits better now. It is also Giro (but I do not know the model).

Rats. I got really excited when I read the title as an All Day Bikini/Caching Trip. Now I'm disappointed.

I can always create a nice route down by the beach and I can call it "All Day Bikini/Caching Trip". Just let me know when are you going to be in my area :-)

I am in Leonia (close to Fort Lee and GWB). Nice observatory near the cache site you linked to. I guess I am going to check it out one day on my way back from my father.

Warning, If you ride to it, Its all UP hill to it! I did all the time when I was a teenager, but now I didn't think I could to it. But I would love to.

Edited by Y2KOTA

I am in Leonia (close to Fort Lee and GWB). Nice observatory near the cache site you linked to. I guess I am going to check it out one day on my way back from my father.

Warning, If you ride to it, Its all UP hill to it! I did all the time when I was a teenager, but now I didn't think I could to it. But I would love to.

If I can't make it uphill, I will walk the bike and I will certainly have a great time going back as it should be all downhill :-)

Now I just need a idea for this Saturday's trip. I think I am going to hit west. Just not sure exactly where.