geocaching with the ATT Tilt

brite00eyes

When we were looking into getting started, some people here in the forums told me that they were having good luck using their ATT Tilt for Geocaching. I am hoping that person, or someone else with positive experience in such, can post with how to do that. Geo-Navigator tells me they dont support the Tilt and aren't looking to anytime soon. Is there a similar program out there somewhere that works on the Tilt? Can you download the program with a version meant for another phone and use it successfully on the Tilt?

Any advice to help in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks!

When we were looking into getting started, some people here in the forums told me that they were having good luck using their ATT Tilt for Geocaching. I am hoping that person, or someone else with positive experience in such, can post with how to do that. Geo-Navigator tells me they dont support the Tilt and aren't looking to anytime soon. Is there a similar program out there somewhere that works on the Tilt? Can you download the program with a version meant for another phone and use it successfully on the Tilt?

Any advice to help in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks!

You can use Cachemate for PPC and BeeLine GPS and several others on the Tilt. That said, I haven't actually been using my Tilt for geocaching because I still have a Garmin 60cs that does it better. The few times I attempted to geocache with the Tilt, I was disappointed in the lack of response re the distance and bearing as you get close to the cache. But, it's better than no GPSr at all! FWIW, I bought Garmin Mobile XT for the Tilt and now I use the Tilt exclusively for automobile routing - it's far better at it than the 60cs (except for not showing all the caches I'm driving by :unsure: ). Best of luck!

TFTC