Does anyone like this idea?

sudsfam

I want to make a geocoin that has a frog perched on top of the earth that says "Please Keep it clean".

The manufacturer suggested I check with the forum to see if there's an interest for this coin. I've done the artwork and I know the Earth turtle geocoins are popular. What do you guys think?

I want to make a geocoin that has a frog perched on top of the earth that says "Please Keep it clean".

The manufacturer suggested I check with the forum to see if there's an interest for this coin. I've done the artwork and I know the Earth turtle geocoins are popular. What do you guys think?

Can you post the artwork? I think I know one person who would be interested. :P

Many posts are asking what this will look like - my question, too. Also, why did the "manufactuer" ask you for this poll? Odd, to me, if you are going to pay to have your coin minted? Most companies have their own art work/design people, who know what works and what doesn't. If you are paying for the coin - they should work with you to get it done.

Cache Maine and I had no problem with our "manufacturer" in getting from the conceptual design phase to the mold. It moved quite smoothly and their suggestions were respected and utilized.

Tsun's work (Earth Turtles '07 & '08) is very special so I would not use this as a measure. Every turtle is not just a special turtle................

Looking forward to seeing your ideas.

Many posts are asking what this will look like - my question, too. Also, why did the "manufactuer" ask you for this poll? Odd, to me, if you are going to pay to have your coin minted? Most companies have their own art work/design people, who know what works and what doesn't. If you are paying for the coin - they should work with you to get it done.

Cache Maine and I had no problem with our "manufacturer" in getting from the conceptual design phase to the mold. It moved quite smoothly and their suggestions were respected and utilized.

Tsun's work (Earth Turtles '07 & '08) is very special so I would not use this as a measure. Every turtle is not just a special turtle................

Looking forward to seeing your ideas.

DITTO. Let's see it! :angry:

Overall I like the concept but here is my 2 geocents worth:

* Close the gap between the frog's leg and the earth, it looks funny.

* Maybe a design or something else to dress the edge up a bit?

* The text message, I would change to something a bit different. "Please keep it clean" can mean a number of things :o Maybe something like; "Keep our planet clean", "Help keep our planet clean", maybe even something like; the top text say's "Keep our planet clean" with the bottom text "Practice CITO", something of the sort, CITO coins are popular, it's a good message. Just my thoughts.... edit to add you can interchange planet with Earth too, whatever...

* I think you could really make this coin really cute and very meaningful :lol:

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

Beautiful!!! :o I agree with Tsun, and I also have a crazy idea! Since with the black you probably want to show the space....I would love to see glitter shiny stars, and glowing geogalaxies, or geocomets! What I mean? think a glowing comet with tale, but the head will have the shape of the geocaching sympol, the G one.... :lol:

I know it sounds crazy....! :lol: