Firefox 3 Problems

A few days ago I replaced my Firefox with the new "super dooper" version 3. After overcoming an incompatibility problem with a particular piece of software I got it working. At first glance it seemed fine and I like the way it works.

I then noticed adverts which I hadn't seen before and discovered that the Adblock add-in wasn't working. I found a solution to this but now I notice the Greasemonkey script to ignore forum posts isn't working now. Most (all?) other scripts are fine including the OS maps one work fine.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Also, I've tried to find a download for the previous version so I can revert my system until these bugs get ironed out but all the links now point to Firefox 3 downloads. Does anyone know where I can get the old version?

(Message to forum mods - I know this is software related but as the problem scripts are essentially UK based I decided to post my query here rather than in the GPS & Technology forum. I have provided a link there to this thread so please do not move this thread.)

Edited by The Hornet

Just in case you were not aware, there is reported to be a critical flaw in the FF3 which allows drive-by infection to occur. FF report the risk is minimal, (well it would be at this stage as 'toerags' have yet to infect the websites for it to become critical.) However all of you who have downloaded FF3 be aware that your need to update will have arrived rather faster than you might have expected.

firefox 3 keeps crashing on my machine. The firefox people are gonna get tired or recieving error reports from my latop. I gave up a couple hours ago and have switched to the dreaded internet explorer.Not much else I could do.

Mine did too. Start FF in safe mode and disable any addons... then add them back one and a time to see which one was causing the problem

HTH

I'll check out the GreaseMonkey scripts I wrote when I get back from the Oxford camping event!

Good Man! May I humbly particularly request the "Ignore Threads" button as a priority... I really miss that power button that I could use to relegate the threads that I hate to view...

...Thanks in advance

Hi All

I used to have an option on the cache logging page to enter the number of the find; appeared next to the smiley face button.

I think this was a greasemonkey function, but I appear to have lost it when I went to Firefox 3. I've now back-dated to Firefox 2.0.0.16, but still no insert count option. Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks.

Hi All

I used to have an option on the cache logging page to enter the number of the find; appeared next to the smiley face button.

I think this was a greasemonkey function, but I appear to have lost it when I went to Firefox 3. I've now back-dated to Firefox 2.0.0.16, but still no insert count option. Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks.

That script is hosted here: http://gmscripts.locusprime.net/Log_Find_Counter.html

Not sure if it works, though. There's no message saying its been updated.

Hi All

Thanks.

That script is hosted here: http://gmscripts.locusprime.net/Log_Find_Counter.html

Not sure if it works, though. There's no message saying its been updated.

Thanks, thats obviously the one, but it seems not to work. Strangely, I originally installed it to version 1.something and had upgraded all the way to 2.0.0.16 with it working fine, but it seems not to like a cold install to this version. It shows as there on the greasemonkey menu, just doesn't appear.

Never mind, there's worse disappointments in the world :(