HOPE - Idaho

#1honeygirl

I thought that picture was outside of Hope, Idaho, right on the Pend Orielle River. Nice to see soemthing good come from our area. I actually lived in Coeur d'Alene and Priest River, Idaho (both within a 30 minute drive or so from Hope) for 6 years until I moved to Spokane in 2006.

Wow, what an awesome thread! This is why I love this forum so much. Coiners are the MOST wonderful and giving folks! I love the idea of sending coins to others - great idea to suggest they not have to be HTF ones, as I'm sure many of us don't have any, lol! But I'm certain we all have Hope to share! Giant Kudos, 2-Bring-Hope!!!

As far as the customs forms go - you can put any address you want as the return address as long as it matches the envelope. They don't check ID to confirm you are giving the correct info......and then make your signature an illegible squiggle - easy for me because it already is!

Well that might work over there, but it sure doesn't work over here and because I live in a small community I am 'known' at the post office - heck I'm there almost every day :D and the post mistress is very strict, she even told me how to tape a package properly, I hadn't taped all of the seams and she said it means other post can get lodged in the gap. She measures and weighs everything, even a standard size mailer she will take out the guage and make sure that it passes through, when I can tell it will just by looking at it.

2-Bring-Hope it is a lovely thing you are doing, it is always nice to know you have made someones day special and it is great to read about those occasions here.

Without wanting to start a new thread, I have a question . . .

Do you all like it better to have a geocoin or to have one activated to you all and have it sent on a mission - sort of like the one that Butterfly_lady is running?

I Do wish to hear from all of you.

Edited by 2-Bring-Hope

Congratulations to all that received a coin. If I was to receive one I would prefer to receive it is the mail. I have some that was supposed to travel from cache to cache that never made it far out in the wild.

I like your:

"HOPE"

"BELEIVE"

"NEVER GIVE UP"

it has gotten me through many things, many times.

Edited to answer the question.

Edited by Maine Family

Do you all like it better to have a geocoin or to have one activated to you all and have it sent on a mission - sort of like the one that Butterfly_lady is running?

2-bring-hope, it is up to you, you are the one who is so generous :) .

My opinion is let coins travel so everybody can enjoy your gift.

It can be that the one you send to via caches never get see the coin but other geocachers have enjoyed your gift.

Thank you fro doing this :)

I want it all to share my cake and eat it to...

I am in The butterfly lady mission and have enjoyed watching the coin I sent out make it to Hawaii With pics. Iam not sure yet if it will get to Kassel Germany time will tell but watching is fun.

Edited by BrierPatch

2-bring-hope, it is up to you, you are the one who is so generous B) .

My opinion is let coins travel so everybody can enjoy your gift.

It can be that the one you send to via caches never get see the coin but other geocachers have enjoyed your gift.

Thank you fro doing this B)

Today I received 4 padded mailers none of which I really thought I was expecting. They really brought a smile to my face which I could use right now. When I opened a couple of them I remembered but the excitement of receiving something unexpected really made my day. My first response to your question would be by mail. But I also think that Geo.Error has a very good idea if the coin lasts in the wild for a bit.

The only way I know of to get one in the mail is to have your address in The Address book through this forums.

2-bring-hope, i am not in the adress book but mysteriecoiners have found me :anicute:

Maybe you can ask the mysteriecoiners how they do this :laughing:

You otherwise ask the coiner his coiner friend the adress, i bet they keep it a secret for you, so it stay a big suprise :laughing:

And if you don't get the adress, set the coin free in a cache and let it find his way to the lucky coiner. :laughing:

Thank you for bringing hope in the world :sad:

I discovered my second childhood the day my first mystery coin appeared in the mail :laughing: . I don't think mystery coins would last very long as travellers and the joy of being gifted one would dim once they went missing. To be able to hold your mystery coin and share it with others is a joy, so I would have to say that my preference would be to receive such coins by mail. The recipient could always release a 'regular' traveller by way of playing it forward, if they are able to do so.

I have 3 coins that the owners made me the final destination. All 3 disappeared within just a few moves and none ever got close tho this part of the country.

My kids were so excited to watch the above coins After seeing their disappointment when the coins stopped moving and finding out they weren't in the cache where they were supposed to be, I definitely think that mailing them is the best method to ensure that they reach the person. SURPRISE mail is always fun. I love seeing small padded envelopes.

I prefer to get the coins in the mail. I´m not a very patient coiner. :unsure:

I also live across the big blue so I´m afraid they will not get over here if they just are supposed to travel. I´m in butterfly_ladys mission but I think my coin has been stuck. A very nice coin by the way, thanks.

Your words are true and good, we should all remember those more often.

grodan Karin

Hello to all! Congrats to all receivers, and a big thank you to the sender! You are so kind and generous!!! Is the sender's name, 2-bring-Hope? :D

No, I am not one of the receivers, but that doesn't change anything! Hope mystry sender is a great guy, man or a woman! :D

No, about the question! Eveything depends on the receiver!

Some would like to see it travel and comming home, some others would like to see it in their mail!

I would like to see it in the mail, just because I am far away! Of course, the mission could be to come to me, but this may take years and years, and who knows if it will make it!

one of the first coins that I won in a cointest, is still out there! Is still in USA! An other beautiful coin was coming to meet me and when this was goingto happen, I was going to adopt it! Unfortunatelly it was lost! A third one, was coming here too, so I could adopt it, it managed to come to Athens, and instead of coming to rhodes, it went to Germany!

Sometimes, it is nice to have the coin in my hands first, play with it and then free it for travells!

I have coins that comming to me, I have released coins to travel, but I learned that when a coin is stolen and you haven't even hold it in your hands, you haven't even see it from close....it hurts a lot!!!!!! :)

Well...that's my opinion! :D

...and waiting to see who you will make smile next........... :D

I sent a belated birthday card to one of the kind hearted ones here but apparently that one hasn't checked their mail yet.

I'd say he's too busy with his own cointests to notice it :)

And Whom would That be :D - (are The Moop Along different than The Moops, related some how :D ?

...and waiting to see who you will make smile next........... :D

I sent a belated birthday card to one of the kind hearted ones here but apparently that one hasn't checked their mail yet.

I'd say he's too busy with his own cointests to notice it :)

And Whom would That be :D - (are The Moop Along different than The Moops, related some how :D ?

Not sure how the Moops got into this discussion, but yes, we are family :)

TMA

...and waiting to see who you will make smile next........... :laughing:

MAYBE - your belated person doesn't check their mail too often or Maybe , that person gets SO much that your card got "buried" :laughing: ?

...and waiting to see who you will make smile next........... :(

I'd say he's too busy with his own cointests to notice it :laughing:

And Whom would That be :D - (are The Moop Along different than The Moops, related some how :laughing: ?

Not sure how the Moops got into this discussion, but yes, we are family :)

TMA

I'm just a curios person and thought the names were almost the same . . . so, are you the child since you "along" :):(

Even better than Cookies, this last one Takes The cake!

There is only one Coin on my Heart's Desire list. Today I found that Coin in my Mailbox!! The envelope that concealed the Coin carried a message of "Hope on the Move" so I was wondering if there would be a Coin from Hope, ID inside, but I was even more surprised at what I found!

2-Bring-Hope has sent me a Birthday Surprise! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I'm very glad that I picked this up on a Sunday, so that there was no one at the Post Office to see me nearly in tears. When I saw the Coin, I was as emotional as the very first time I found one of these in the wild. This time the emotions were good though...Surprise and Happiness, rather than Shock, Disbelief, Confusion and Grief.

Discovering one of thses Coins in the wild was the way I learned of Leigh Ann's passing, and it really threw me for a loop that day(I had to get a muggle to verify that it meant what I thought). I was not myself for a whole day or two after that.

I never got to meet her, but between her Trackable Wooden Nickels, and My Collectible, Tradable GameCards, we had a little game of Tag going on, as well as finding each others Hidden Caches. I have wanted to be the owner of one of these Coins since the day I found that first one, and to be able to watch it travel. This one will be set free and carry a message to...

"Be Aware of Bikes Around You"

I Can't Beleive My Eyes!!!

0630f6b3-d136-46e1-9a3f-d4c22204886b.jpg

2-Bring-Hope, Thank You for this wonderful surprise.

VERY NICE thing you did :)Thank You

I'm still in the address book, and now have my want list URLs in there too.

There are a couple of other people on the list who I think could do with a bit of HOPE. Psycho.ns and The-Wolf-Pack have been absent from the forums and from caching for many months while they attend to other (unrelated) events in their lives. I think a bit of HOPE might bring them back into the fold, as it were.

One day i was standing in france on the hill,

and i did`t know what to do or what to say.......

Then a friends voice say to me tell me your thoughts,

i start to speak and when i was done he takes them away......

My mam was coming up the hill to and ask me,

what is it my daughter i hear you prey..................

She look at me and i start to cry,

we take each others hand and we just stand there for a hour just that way...........

We wolk back to the bay looking to the sky,

i tell my friend that my HOPE to see him again someday alwayzzz stay...........

I don`t when and don`t know how,

but my hope say that i will someday..........

HOPE you give other people so much in anyway you can,

and i THANK you for that EVERYDAY.......

How is it that these mystery coin givers always seem to know the absolute right time to send out their awesome gifts???

Yesterday I received an envelope in the mail that was addressed to me, but had my address as the return address and the name 'Easter Hope' as the return address name. I don't remember sending myself anything..

I opened the envelope and here is a wonderful Easter card inside along with a gift wrapped coin. The message on the inside of the card said it was from 2-Bring-Hope. I had never even seen this thread in the forum before, how I missed it I don't know. I opened the gift wrap and out pops a beautiful silver Cat Got Your Cache coin! Such an awesome gift, and at just the right time!

I've been having some issues at work and at home lately and had noticed myself sliding down into another possible bout of depression when this great gift came along. It really perked me back up and gave me a much beter outlook on things to come.

Thank You 2-Bring-Hope, you couldn't have picked a better time to send out this gift!!!

Now it will be my turn, I will have to look around and see who I can send something to and brighten their day!!!

Now for a picture of the card and the coin...

2BringHope001.jpg

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

How is it that these mystery coin givers always seem to know the absolute right time to send out their awesome gifts???

Yesterday I received an envelope in the mail that was addressed to me, but had my address as the return address and the name 'Easter Hope' as the return address name. I don't remember sending myself anything..

I opened the envelope and here is a wonderful Easter card inside along with a gift wrapped coin. The message on the inside of the card said it was from 2-Bring-Hope. I had never even seen this thread in the forum before, how I missed it I don't know. I opened the gift wrap and out pops a beautiful silver Cat Got Your Cache coin! Such an awesome gift, and at just the right time!

I've been having some issues at work and at home lately and had noticed myself sliding down into another possible bout of depression when this great gift came along. It really perked me back up and gave me a much beter outlook on things to come.

Thank You 2-Bring-Hope, you couldn't have picked a better time to send out this gift!!!

Now it will be my turn, I will have to look around and see who I can send something to and brighten their day!!!

Now for a picture of the card and the coin...

2BringHope001.jpg

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

Surprises are wonderful and I am glad that you received your hearts desire and it brightened your day. It is a wonderful thing Hope. Congratulations.

I'm bummed I didn't see hit topic back when it started last year! I'm originally from Sandpoint, Idaho which is very close to Hope so I've spent a lot of time there. Here's a photo I snapped right before dinner at Ice House Pizza in Hope the last time I was there. You can see why it got its name...

79e34f36-8e27-4989-8989-36c30a28877a.jpg

Very beautiful picture Annie! We still need to make our way out to Sandpoint.

I'm bummed I didn't see hit topic back when it started last year! I'm originally from Sandpoint, Idaho which is very close to Hope so I've spent a lot of time there. Here's a photo I snapped right before dinner at Ice House Pizza in Hope the last time I was there. You can see why it got its name...

79e34f36-8e27-4989-8989-36c30a28877a.jpg

This showed up anonymously in my mailbox today from 2 bring hope. It was a nice surprise

2%20Bring%20Hope.jpg

Came home early, cause I'm still not up to par after sinus surgery. Took a 4 hour nap and was starting to feel a bit better, when the postman came. Nestled in with the bills and junk mail was an envelope from 2 Bring Hope. My day brightened considerably at that point as I searched for my pocketknife to open the well sealed envelope.

Inside was this green Army Man 4 Geocoin! This was one of the first geocoins we had bought, given as a gift to our son, whose sig item is a green army guy. We always regretted not buying 2 of them because of childhood memories green army guys brought back to us. Well those memories came back again today!

A big thank you and an even bigger smile :laughing: to 2 Bring Hope for the thoughtful and timely gift.

gag2.jpg

I had a wonderful package today too! I broke my arm in my neighbor's driveway bringing their loose dog home and have had to have a few surgeries to fix everything, including one last week. Today at my followup appointment they told me it was slow going and I would be out of work atleast three more weeks! Ugh.

But then I get home and what's this? It's a package with only the note '2 Bring Hope' on it. I forget the shoulder and tear into it to find an awesome coin, but no note. It truly could not have come at a better time. Not to get all corny or anything, but a lot of times it's easy to feel that you're not as connected as you could be, but then something like this happens that makes you realize other people are thinking of you and you don't even know it. I am so grateful, both for the coin and the thought. Thank you!

003.jpg

Figured out the picture posting after all; only took me all night! :laughing: