HOPE - Idaho

#1honeygirl

I know it has been awhile since I wrote here but I got a coin in the mail today, my first that I haven't bought. ( I have been coming here, though)

The envelope said HOPE, Idaho on it with some very cute stickers on it as well. My coin was a Supercacher Guy. Is there a new mystery person out there? Maybe one called "HOPE"?

I suppose this might be considered one of those No nonsense threads here BUT I AM Glad it is here. :blink:

BECAUSE . . .

I think I know what this #1honeygirl is talking about. Today, I got an envelope in the mail with some "happy stickers" on it also in the corner it said HOPE IDAHO in hand writing. Inside was a new unactivated "Nurses have heart" coin. I'm thinking that Maybe there is a person who is bringing, sharing and sending some new hope to some. Wouldn't That be cool :unsure:

SO, THANK YOU " Hope" angel person for my coin :ph34r:

I also recieved a coin from "HOPE Idaho" resterday in the mail. It was a very nice Signal geocoin!

I thought I was the only one but now it seems more have gotten coins from this place too!

???????????????????? :angry: Very nice of some one though! Thank you bunches!!!

I do not think it is from seeking lists though. I do not even have a list of any type out there! HMMMMM!

Edited by dardevle

I suppose this might be considered one of those No nonsense threads here BUT I AM Glad it is here. :angry:

This one's actually about getting a coin. :D

Back on topic:

Maybe someone is gifting coins from their collection to people who have them on their want lists?

I suppose this might be considered one of those No nonsense threads here BUT I AM Glad it is here. :angry:

This one's actually about getting a coin. :D

Back on topic:

Maybe someone is gifting coins from their collection to people who have them on their want lists?

I am not sure where they got any list for me though. I HAVE NONE!! Only in my head and that list is for some new Ice Fishing equiptment! :D All I know is the coin fits me just right. A frog in a boat!

Speaking of frogs I was using a rubber one fishing yesterday afternoon. Did not work for me though. But the coin is cool!!

Edited by dardevle

Back on topic:

You mean like a "pay- it - forward" :laughing: ? That could be. Maybe it is their way of being thoughtful without a special, personal, mystery coin ? On that note, I suppose that this person could be either man or woman :laughing::P .

O.K. On Saturday I went caching with a few Idaho cachers before leaving to come home to Wyoming. Dorkfish, LoriDarlin, Broken W and I had a discussion at lunch about who this "HOPE IDAHO" person might be. We couldn't come up with answer. So imagine my surprise when I get home from a LOOOOONG drive pulling my trailer home to open the mail and find a envelope from HOPE, IDAHO.

It was covered in stickers, was handwritten and also postmarked from Hope, Idaho 83836.

Inside was a Message in a Bottle coin. The writing on the coin was - "Nunc est bibendum" anyone know what language that is and can you translate?

Thank you VERY MUCH - MR or MRS HOPE IDAHO. I am enjoying the wonderful coin you sent to me.

Jodi

The mystery continues.....

O.K. On Saturday I went caching with a few Idaho cachers before leaving to come home to Wyoming. Dorkfish, LoriDarlin, Broken W and I had a discussion at lunch about who this "HOPE IDAHO" person might be. We couldn't come up with answer. So imagine my surprise when I get home from a LOOOOONG drive pulling my trailer home to open the mail and find a envelope from HOPE, IDAHO.

It was covered in stickers, was handwritten and also postmarked from Hope, Idaho 83836.

Inside was a Message in a Bottle coin. The writing on the coin was - "Nunc est bibendum" anyone know what language that is and can you translate?

Thank you VERY MUCH - MR or MRS HOPE IDAHO. I am enjoying the wonderful coin you sent to me.

Jodi

The mystery continues.....

This is latin, and means 'Now is the time for drinking'.

The proper response is 'nec mora nec requies' or 'no sooner said than done'

It is the title of one of Horace's Odes

Maybe each of us could pass on our own little part of HOPE, Idaho. Can you imagne the thread then!

I could imagine that. Maybe it could be HOPE (enter your state) So it could be, HOPE Minnesota, or HOPE California. I think that some one may have started something that could really be a great thing! I really like the idea about as many people sending out say 1-5 coins! They would not have to be HTF coins. Just geocoins! I am going to do that. I know how excited I was to recieve a coin out of the blue and for no apparent reason except for some ones generosity and kindness. No return address needed. Just Cachers posting here what "HOPE" coin they recieve. Thanks to whoever started this giving of HOPE.

-Dardevle-

Dardevle, I really like the HOPE (state) idea. I think I read something about a mailing list for cachers. Anyone know who mantains this? Is there a way to see it or get a name or two from it? I know with some people are worried about giving out that kind of information but I completely understand. To bad the world has gotten that way. If anyone knows how to get this information could you PM me? Thanks.

Maybe each of us could pass on our own little part of HOPE, Idaho. Can you imagne the thread then!

I could imagine that. Maybe it could be HOPE (enter your state) So it could be, HOPE Minnesota, or HOPE California. I think that some one may have started something that could really be a great thing! I really like the idea about as many people sending out say 1-5 coins! They would not have to be HTF coins. Just geocoins! I am going to do that. I know how excited I was to recieve a coin out of the blue and for no apparent reason except for some ones generosity and kindness. No return address needed. Just Cachers posting here what "HOPE" coin they recieve. Thanks to whoever started this giving of HOPE.

-Dardevle-

Dardevle, I really like the HOPE (state) idea. I think I read something about a mailing list for cachers. Anyone know who mantains this? Is there a way to see it or get a name or two from it? I know with some people are worried about giving out that kind of information but I completely understand. To bad the world has gotten that way. If anyone knows how to get this information could you PM me? Thanks.

-Dardevle-

Contact Mouskakat

-Dardevle-

Oh, I like this idea! I think there may be much more HOPE out there in the near future! :D Come on everyone! Let's keep HOPE alive! :D

CF30

-Dardevle-

Oh, I like this idea! I think there may be much more HOPE out there in the near future! :D Come on everyone! Let's keep HOPE alive! :D

CF30

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

SO, "HOPE" will remain a mystery and if WE participate, WE won't be, right?

Come on coiners . . . JOIN the address list - it is kept away from strangers and Solicitors since one needs to be invited :D

Fairyhoney

My idea is that we too remain a mystery. No return address. Just label envelope "HOPE"(Your State)

Or just the same as what some have allready recieved. HOPE Idaho! However you would like to do it.

I like the HOPE (your state) but that is me. No name! Just HOPE! :D Nobody really needs to know who sent them out. The joy of reading this thread has got to be an awesome feeling for the person who is responsible for starting HOPE! That in its self would feel great! I want to feel good too darn-it :D

Like I said though, it does not have to be a dozen coins or even 1/2 dozen. 1..2..5.....just send it!!

UMMM...007BigD, what is pegging your pants mean? I used to wear button fly pants, not tie my shoes, and I thought it was cool to look like Mr. T with 3-4 big "gold" necklaces on. And I had an awesome mullet! :D

Edited by dardevle
I want to feel good too darn-it

Me to me to :D

UMMM...007BigD, what is pegging your pants mean?

Thank you for asking that inquiring minds want to know lol

I like the HOPE (your state) but that is me

I like that also

Starts singing off key....

Can you feel the love tonight.....

Edit to say

And I had an awesome mullet! :D

No one had a better mullet than Billy Ray cyrus :D:D:D

Edited by The-Wolf-Pack

UMMM...007BigD, what is pegging your pants mean? I used to wear button fly pants, not tie my shoes, and I thought it was cool to look like Mr. T with 3-4 big "gold" necklaces on. And I had an awesome mullet! :D

Just so ya know, Mr.T is still cool...I HOPE! :D To not tie your shoes, only makes ya say " :D " when you do fall on your face! :D Button Fly pants just cause accidents and Mullets...Weeeell, we'll just say you thought you were cool! :D You Dardevle, you just "HOPED" you were cool :D

But Pegging your pants! MAN...Where were you??? Probably still wearin Bell bottoms with my Dad!!!! :D Some called it a tight roll, but ill have to take a pic and show what a true pegged pant leg was all about!!!! I could keep a tight peg all day!... :D

Ill edit this post in the late, then you'll be like...Ahhhhhhh Yes- I remember those stupid kids!!! :D

I HOPE I can still do it! :D

Edited by 007BigD

A rainbow can`t barely say,

What we feel on the magic day.

When we recieved your envelope,

Whit the words Idaho Hope.

We don`t know you are a man or a wife,

But you bring hope in our live.

And your hope give us pleasure,

But your are the real treasure.

e6f9b37f-cb59-45b3-add1-0cbe4072b4ac.jpg

Oh Lorca, not only do you draw great pictures, but your poems are also great!

Its kinda hard to be a mystery coin giver across an international border. The folks at customs like to know exactly where something came from. :D

I KNOW what you mean. Now to "hide" from where we send from :D

Is there a way to "fudge" on the customs form :D ?

Hum, decisions - confusion :D:):D

I think if you just use an envelope, rather than a mailer, they are a bit more lenient. We are forever getting cards from my wife's relatives in Holland with no return address. We often have to resort to handwriting analysis to figure out who it is from. They don't even sign the notes they write in the cards! :)

If you really want to be anonymous, protect your coin, AND get it across a border, you'll likely have to resort to mailing it to a third party in the destination country and getting them to mail it to the final recipient.

To circumvent the customs form giving away any secret sender info, you could mail the package to a proxy in the same foreign country, and have an inside envelope labeled ready for the proxy to add postage and drop in the mail. Course then you'd have to arrange for someone else to do the same thing in reverse so that the final recipient was the proxy for the other person, don't want to leave anyone out! :D:)

Edit to add: Doh, just realized E&Cplus3 pretty much just said the exact same thing!

Edited by dflye

To circumvent the customs form giving away any secret sender info, you could mail the package to a proxy in the same foreign country, and have an inside envelope labeled ready for the proxy to add postage and drop in the mail. Course then you'd have to arrange for someone else to do the same thing in reverse so that the final recipient was the proxy for the other person, don't want to leave anyone out! :D:D

Edit to add: Doh, just realized E&Cplus3 pretty much just said the exact same thing!

That's quite alright. Some of us need to be shown in various forms and angles :)

Lorca.nl, is this a picture near where you are from? It resembles around Hope, Idaho.

As far as the customs forms go - you can put any address you want as the return address as long as it matches the envelope. They don't check ID to confirm you are giving the correct info......and then make your signature an illegible squiggle - easy for me because it already is!

Lorca.nl, is this a picture near where you are from? It resembles around Hope, Idaho.

this picture is taken in scotland when we were on a holiday there in 2006.

we did rent a car and drive around in scotland.

during driving we decided at this more (loch lubnaig)to picnic .

during the picnic we call home and we hear that granny `s sickness demanded much of her and that she became always sicker.

we said against each other that we hoped that she continued to live till we get home (we stay 2 more days before we fly home again) and when we said that this rainbow appeared.

our hope was fulfilled because when we come home we immediately go to granny and 2 hours are later she died.

we thought immediately of this rainbow and for us this rainbow means hope for us.

HOPE

Do you know what hope is?

It's not in a prescription.

It punctuates our laughter.

It simmers under sorrows.

It's dreaming of tomorrow.

It's pushing past impossible.

It's questioning the answer.

It's rumours of a break.

A roller coaster ride.

It's perfume for the spirit.

Take my hand...come...

auther: unknow

Oh!!! As I understood, the receivers took a different coin that wanted?? WOW!

That is realy great!!! That's hope!! Yes!!!

According to Greek mythology, after Promitheas gave the fire to the people, Zeus sended Pandora to be Promitheas wife! He didn't accepted her with the fear of the trap! His brother Epimitheas saw Pandora, loved her and he married her! Zeus gave Pandora a sealed box as a present!

Epimitheas was curious what the box had, so he opened it! All the bad things for humanity came out! Illness, death.....everything! It was the punishment from the Gods to the humans for the fire!

Pandora managed to close the box, but the only thing that was inside was Hope! From that time, the last thing we have is Hope! ;)

Here in greece we use to say that "Hope dies last", meaning that no matter what you passed, no matter waht you have, hope will be there until the end!!!

In ancient Greek art, Hope is a woman holding a flower! :D

Hope is a small word, but with a huge meaning! she gives us strength when we are weak, she is keeping us alive and active, she is there for us, no matter what will finaly happen! HOPE....or else EΛΠΙΔΑ...!

What a gorgeous place to go geocaching. You could get lost in there forever.

Congratulations to all who have received coins.