[Request] Cache Attributes in GPX

bhoard

If possible, I would highly appreciate the inclusion of cache attributes in the Groundspeak namespace of the GPX generated by Pocket Queries. This would enable for the attributes to be viewable in the field, and perhaps be sortable/filterable while mobile too.

This update would have the possible advantage to Groundspeak of allowing cachers to generate fewer Pocket Queries on Groundspeak servers. I, for one, have a Pockey Query established specifically for night caches in my area, in addition to a standard Pocket Query for all caches -- I would gladly allow my PDA or other mobile device to sort out night caches based on this attribute from my primary Pocket Query, and remove the additional PQ from the processing queue.

Again, just a comment I thought I would share.

Thanks.

-bhoard

I also would like attributes in my gpx files from the GC.com pocket queries.

I have two queries for my home zip code. One for all caches, and one for caches available 24/7. Being able to sort in GSAK (or other available software) the attributes would be a great help in filtering and creating mulitple databases from one query.

Thank you for listening...

- Kurt T.

Originally posted in this thread

Will attributes be available in Pocket Queries?

Pocket Queries will not contain the attribute information until we update the specification for the GPX to allow this info. We did create an attribute feature in 1.1 but we'll most likely change it to another version to accomodate some new ideas.

Of course, that was over 2½ years ago...

Edited by Markwell