Do we need separate forum(s) for Cointests and/or Missions?

UncleJimbo

As much as I like cointests and missions, they do in my mind distract from the topic at hand: information about future, present and past geocoins.

Cointests and missions should definitely be a new and distinct sub-forum of the "Geocaching Hitchhikers" group.

Look at Wherigo: 4 top level forums with a group heading.

Look at Waymarking: Another 4 top level forums as a group.

Look at GPS related topics: Do the distinct topics for GPS in Education and GPS Garage Sale really deserve a split from the GPS and Technology forum any more than cointests and missions from general geocoin info?

Given that I'm providing a not so insignificant part of the annual funding of Groundspeak through the purchase of geocoins, I think this topic needs to be addressed more by Groundspeak itself and less by the volunteer forum moderators, since they have no vested financial interest in keeping coin collectors like myself happy.

Edit to add: Geocoin "races" should also fall under the heading of non-informational threads to shuffle off to the new forum. As the coordinator of a race, I'm all for moving my race thread off to a new home! :D

Edited by dflye

I would prefer to see cointests and missions banned. I for one am sick and tired of wasting my time and money on both :D This would really help me save on coins, postage and extra goodies I have sent during my time here.

Chants: ban, ban, ban, ban

:)

I hope you're kidding because this is ridiculous. I dont mind them being put in a separate folder, but you want to ban them? That's half of the fun of geocoin forums! Can't there just be a lack of controversy somewhere in this world, geeze! I'm already tired of this, and I just began collecting. Maybe it's not worth it, I guess we will be seeing as time goes on!

Um, do you see the smiley faces that go along with the post? It's funny because Tsun has run many cointests and given away many geocoins. :):D:D:D:D:D:D

Um, do you see the smiley faces that go along with the post? It's funny because Tsun has run many cointests and given away many geocoins. :):D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in Montana there is a thoroughbred horse named "Cointest" :D

Ok, in all seriousness, I really do think that most cointests, missions and races are a great thing. A lot of them bring the community together and foster relationships that tend to last a long time.

Perhaps we are attacking this from the wrong angle....

How about moving all the "Psst, hey buddy, buy my new coin!!" threads to a new forum? :D:D:)

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in Montana there is a thoroughbred horse named "Cointest" :D

hey now that is an idea, the next dog I bring home; I'm going to name him cointest :D:) and the one after that; Nutella :D

Maybe all the Geocoins need Missions.

Just had to throw that in from one of the Old timers.

They are just forums ya'll.

Take things with a grain of salt.

How long do you have to be in geocide to get one of those Geocide Coins?

I could dissapear for a while maybe longer.

Nahhhhhhhhhh I have to much fun seeing all the great personality changes.

Labels look great now I can see what I want to read about.

Well, if the forum moderators are going to take up the task of labeling ALL threads, here's a few categories for ya in addition to mission/cointest/race!

Mystery coins: OHPLEASEGIVEMEONE

Testing the waters for new coin ideas: COINSIDERING

Boasting about upcoming coins: COINDNTHELPMYSELF

What the heck have I done/should I do with this coin I found?: WTHCOINFUSION

Donate coins to my event!: ALMSFORTHEPOOR

Looking to trade for/buy older coins: GIMMEEOLDCOINS

Looking to trade for/buy recent coins: GIMMEECOINS

Selling older trackable coins: MORTGAGEDUE

Storing/organizing: COINPILEBEGONE

I don't like this coin/person: COINFU

I'm sure there are more! :D

Wow...

Thank you to all the givers around here.. I've personally received some good tangible stuff in the mailbox over the past couple years simply because of someone elses generous nature. As for the intangible.. that's just as good if not better than the mailbox stuff. I've gotten some pretty awesome friends and acquaintances out of these forums because of cointests, and missions and such, and think that some of these things makes the forums what they are. May not be pretty all the time but.. it is what it is.

My 2 cents... the forums are like the sunday paper folks.... take what ya wanna read and put the rest in the birdcage. :D

what a nice discussion to read.

it`s your own eye is that read the title of the topic, and your mouse which it clicks to.

what I mean it is your own choice is what you read and what not.

if you must take separates forums for Cointests then you must do it for everything because everybody have a topic here that has your interest and also topics that you don`t like.

just leaves it and everyone is happy.

Well, if the forum moderators are going to take up the task of labeling ALL threads, here's a few categories for ya in addition to mission/cointest/race!

Mystery coins: OHPLEASEGIVEMEONE

Testing the waters for new coin ideas: COINSIDERING

Boasting about upcoming coins: COINDNTHELPMYSELF

What the heck have I done/should I do with this coin I found?: WTHCOINFUSION

Donate coins to my event!: ALMSFORTHEPOOR

Looking to trade for/buy older coins: GIMMEEOLDCOINS

Looking to trade for/buy recent coins: GIMMEECOINS

Selling older trackable coins: MORTGAGEDUE

Storing/organizing: COINPILEBEGONE

I don't like this coin/person: COINFU

I'm sure there are more! :D

LOL, now THIS is funny :) . I love the titles...

Boy, Guess when there are 6 freakin cointests goin on, you really cant help but think "There is a bunch of cointests goin on! :)

Gotta say I cant be in a more Nuetral possition here. You aint kiddin when you check the forums and all you see is Cointest after cointest! I definatley know many of us are not here for the cointests as MANY of us never post in cointests...Ive noticed. I do, if the cointest seems fun and/or interesting and many of them have been recently. They're just fun!

I can definatley see the off topic aspect too...it could be a shoe-in for pretty much sayin whatever you wanna say or bragg about, unrelated with coins or anything, yet being able to stay in the coin forums...But then agiain thats where all your buddies hang. So as of now, there really is no place to tell "the community" (that we all feel a part of) what may be goin on that they're proud of, or of importance to them...Buts thats just one aspect of cointests.

A good topic is kinda like a cache (for some of us) you think about it a couple times and debate posting it if its a question or and idea you think would make good coin talk, or think of a fun or funny topic people may be intertained with by reading and participating in and make it a cointest...instant fun and/or interesting topic!

The cointests are good ways to pull info too...like the Homemade sigs and coins topic that started ~ It wasnt gonna be a cointest when it started, but DANG...Look how many cool sigs and coins it pulled in!!! It just got fun. Many people got inspired by it to make their own or just post some they had. Now granted I wish it could have been as successful without the cointest, but ill bet it just would'nt have been.

And GeezOpete, How many coins have been givin away in Yaahls feather thread?? 25, 30 by now??? :D ...Them are coins goin to the community! :D But only some of us!

I could see that geocoin collecting can mean different things to everyone of us, and thats where we are all different. Some are really interested in the designs, new coins and ideas. Others are interested in the fun topics... ones where you actually get coins for havin fun or posting creatively . :D So in that aspect, the coin forums are kinda split anyways.

Maybe if there were semi-guidelines for cointests??? A pinned thread?, Clearly lableing the Cointest (as done) A cointest commitee to review and pass authorization for cointests :D A bunch of options...Some feasible, some not.

I hope we can all come to a happy medium, because geocoin discussion is primarily what this place was, and for the old timers, they miss what it used to be like. For the newbies and many other of us its how its always been and just a fun place to be. Ummmm Dont know any better? :D

Just in the past year 1/2 I have seen the forums make change, but before that I dont know what it was like. I do agree, lots of off topic cointests, missions galore (esp. in recent months past) and important coin talk get pushed back...Ive seen that first hand! Just look at Broken W's personal coin topic- THAT shoulda at least been around page 1 a few more days and I am sure there are many more. Nobody else has dreams of geocoins???-I figured that one woulda went for a wee bit.

Can we come to a consesus and just ask for cointests to be semi-coin related, coin people related, or the like... maybe? I mean we gotta draw a line somewhere...Tonights Cointest~"Guess how many Mole Holes are in my front yard!!!" :) Then "Number of Bent forks in my Drawer" :D We've seen some doosies now havent we? :D

Dont know what we can do, but somethin Id say... Maybe take a poll where all ya gotta do is vote...no lengthy responses, no him ha'n around. Cause I can see both sides quite clearly... OP's side especially, if I didnt enjoy some of em, I wouldnt like em either. But I have made friends, had fun, and even GOT COINS!!! :D ...Just not so many- Think Ive only won one or 2 cointests! (that I can remember anyways)

Kay...Thats way more than I ever expected to say...Sorry for the Essay!!! For anyone that read all this, YOU JUST WON A COIN!!! :D ... :D

I read all of your posting, Dave. Oops wouldn't know that was your name without cointests

I have seen many cointests here about "names" and "guess what"

I am guilty about running one because I was SO dadgum happy and proud of my youngest that I made it into a cointest. I REALLY had the yearning and need to give away a coin and ended giving 4 . I wanted to make some of us happy. I suppose I won't be doing that here again.

Gee, cointest are a good way of getting to know some.

Since I am one of the guilty ones who uses these forums to relieve some of my boredom and also elation, I'll try to re-frame from it

There are people who post who seem to get their ya yas by making others feel bad. I have come to recognize that must be how they want to be perceived. Because of them I sometimes come here without my name showing up.

So, what I am posting is that, Yes, a "topic" up above would be nice for :

1.Cointests

2.Missions

3.Good news

I have noticed that different sections of all the forums has different people . Coiners would like to stick together.

Yep, Ive been there! Cant say I havent, its one of those times just like ya said where you just gotta share with the community your a part of... and Im happy with that. In the same hand others are not. Many have relative cointests and others do not~its not a bad thing, just never really been discuseed before.

Id say to each their own and if someone doesnt take to a cointest, then they wont post in it...thats where it should be Id say, but when it effects all the topics that have a greater potential, then maybe somethin should be different. Especially when cointests are of greater freqency and is apparent that they arnt goin anywhere.

Times have changed as far as the coin forums go, so with that change is good. Enough have expressed judgement here and Id say a happy medium would be a seperate area where we could hold all the cointests and missions our little hearts desire without disturbing the general coin topics. :D Then everyones happy...The cointesters, the cointestees, the missionaries and mission participants.

I like em, but we're a diverse group of folks, so if the forum were to be diversified then everyone would be happy?...At least it would seem so. :)

I totally see both aspects, even if I may be more on one side of the fence. Without cointests and this community my little Emerald wouldnt be Emmagem...I am sure some didnt approve of such a personal topic as to naming MY new cacher, while plenty supported it and had fun. Its a diverse group and we all have our nitche here. :)

I don't even read 90% of the garbage that's posted in these forums any longer. And this geocoin forum has turned into a complete joke. Groundspeak has an off topic forum for chit chat and general personal whining. I think these topics should go there from now on.

And before the crybabies chime in that the off topic forum is a premium membership perk, get off your cheap hind ends and pay the $30 to be a premium member already.

How 'bout we just create a common courtesy rule -- nothing official, just between those of us who read this forum:

1. Please only run one cointest on this board at a time.

2. If you see an active cointest, please let it run to its completion before posting another.

3. Don't run your cointest for more than 48 hours (24? 72? what would be the best number here?)

4. Once your cointest is over, ask a moderator to close it.

If we stick to these rules, there would be only one active cointest at a time. The closed ones would quickly fall off the page.

Comments?

Edited by E&Cplus3

How 'bout we just create a common courtesy rule -- nothing official, just between those of us who read this forum:

2. If you see an active cointest, please let it run to its completion before posting another.

3. Don't run your cointest for more than 48 hours (24? 72? what would be the best number here?)

If we stick to these rules, there would be only one active cointest at a time. The closed ones would quickly fall off the page.

Comments?

Why do you want to close the cointest??

I like to congrats the winners and thank the owner of the cointest for the price.

Why not more cointest?

Every cointest is different and you can choose the one who fits you.

About the hours i don't have a opinion.

I don't even read 90% of the garbage that's posted in these forums any longer. And this geocoin forum has turned into a complete joke. Groundspeak has an off topic forum for chit chat and general personal whining. I think these topics should go there from now on.

Oh please do expand on this...what makes the majority of posts in here "garbage" to you?

Except for the occasional spat it generally flows right along. There are coin discussions, cointests and sales. What's the issue?

And before the crybabies chime in that the off topic forum is a premium membership perk, get off your cheap hind ends and pay the $30 to be a premium member already.

Wow...there's no need for name calling here. :D:(

Veteran coiner or not, you have no right to call those who cannot or will not pay for premium membership "crybabies" simply for what they do.

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

If people hadn't had become friends and this forum hadn't cemented the way that it has, then the cointests and missions and such wouldn't really be so visible... or even happen.

The way that the forum has cemented together and stands together in everything from supporting each other in times like what Tank and Tracy went through to congratulating people on new babies, coins and such, is the reason why we have the missions and cointests.

It's the "family" feeling that is here. If we were business only, this feeling wouldn't be here, and, quite frankly, this would be a pretty dull place.

Sure, a lot are off topic and there is the OT forums that premium members have access to, BUT... the rest of the geocaching community doesn't have the same connection to each other that the people in this forum have, and I would venture to bet that a lot of folks here who are open and outgoing wouldn't be quite so open, friendly or outgoing in the OT forums.

This forum has turned into more than just a forum, it's a family. We've got some eccentric folks, some with hearts of gold, some grumpy ol' farts, and even a couple of dingbats (myself included in that list), but, as dysfunctional as we are, we are still a family!

Why break up a good thing? Let's just try to get along and look at what we are interested in, and bypass the rest!

But don't try to put a bunch of new rules down. At times this place is strict enough as it is!!

Hello, my name is Naomi and I'm a DINGBAT!!!

:(

If people hadn't had become friends and this forum hadn't cemented the way that it has, then the cointests and missions and such wouldn't really be so visible... or even happen.

The way that the forum has cemented together and stands together in everything from supporting each other in times like what Tank and Tracy went through to congratulating people on new babies, coins and such, is the reason why we have the missions and cointests.

It's the "family" feeling that is here. If we were business only, this feeling wouldn't be here, and, quite frankly, this would be a pretty dull place.

Sure, a lot are off topic and there is the OT forums that premium members have access to, BUT... the rest of the geocaching community doesn't have the same connection to each other that the people in this forum have, and I would venture to bet that a lot of folks here who are open and outgoing wouldn't be quite so open, friendly or outgoing in the OT forums.

This forum has turned into more than just a forum, it's a family. We've got some eccentric folks, some with hearts of gold, some grumpy ol' farts, and even a couple of dingbats (myself included in that list), but, as dysfunctional as we are, we are still a family!

Why break up a good thing? Let's just try to get along and look at what we are interested in, and bypass the rest!

But don't try to put a bunch of new rules down. At times this place is strict enough as it is!!

BRAVO!!!

Well put Naomi. I am not an old timer and not a newbie. I have been around for a little while and when I first came to the forums there were definitely not as many cointests and missions as there are now but they were still there. Same goes with 'commerical' geocoins. It's just the forum evolving. The missions and cointests have allowed me to make 'friends' with other coiners that maybe I would have never gotten to know. Yes in the forums, as in life sometimes things go a bit overboard but we deal with it and move on. I would find it pretty boring here if it was just coin sales.

Thanks! From dingbat #2

I suppose I more closely fall in the "Grumpy Old Fart" category...however, I am not very old so I must create a new category...and I am member #1...

"Highly Cantankerous and Irascible on the Outside with a Gooey Loving Teddy Bear Center 30-Something"

:(:D

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

I'm actually surprised at all the drama over what I think is just a simple housekeeping issue and nothing more. I don't think the point is to stop having cointests and missions just to give them a spot of their own.

Sure there are just as many people who hate the cointest and mission as there are those that love them. The point of this thread was not how cointests do or don't bring a community together, it's just a matter of separating the chaff from the wheat (and I won't get into which is which).

There must be a simple way to put a sub-forum in this thread and I can't really see it being much in the way of overhead? And to expand on other points, why not have a sales sub-forum or even others? It wouldn't take away for the group at all and just put some organization into the plethora of threads.

my 2 cents...and yes, I do know what I can do with it.

Boy, Guess when there are 6 freakin cointests goin on, you really cant help but think "There is a bunch of cointests goin on! ;)

Gotta say I cant be in a more Nuetral possition here. You aint kiddin when you check the forums and all you see is Cointest after cointest! I definatley know many of us are not here for the cointests as MANY of us never post in cointests...Ive noticed. I do, if the cointest seems fun and/or interesting and many of them have been recently. They're just fun!

I can definatley see the off topic aspect too...it could be a shoe-in for pretty much sayin whatever you wanna say or bragg about, unrelated with coins or anything, yet being able to stay in the coin forums...But then agiain thats where all your buddies hang. So as of now, there really is no place to tell "the community" (that we all feel a part of) what may be goin on that they're proud of, or of importance to them...Buts thats just one aspect of cointests.

A good topic is kinda like a cache (for some of us) you think about it a couple times and debate posting it if its a question or and idea you think would make good coin talk, or think of a fun or funny topic people may be intertained with by reading and participating in and make it a cointest...instant fun and/or interesting topic!

The cointests are good ways to pull info too...like the Homemade sigs and coins topic that started ~ It wasnt gonna be a cointest when it started, but DANG...Look how many cool sigs and coins it pulled in!!! It just got fun. Many people got inspired by it to make their own or just post some they had. Now granted I wish it could have been as successful without the cointest, but ill bet it just would'nt have been.

And GeezOpete, How many coins have been givin away in Yaahls feather thread?? 25, 30 by now??? :D ...Them are coins goin to the community! :o But only some of us!

I could see that geocoin collecting can mean different things to everyone of us, and thats where we are all different. Some are really interested in the designs, new coins and ideas. Others are interested in the fun topics... ones where you actually get coins for havin fun or posting creatively . :o So in that aspect, the coin forums are kinda split anyways.

Maybe if there were semi-guidelines for cointests??? A pinned thread?, Clearly lableing the Cointest (as done) A cointest commitee to review and pass authorization for cointests :( A bunch of options...Some feasible, some not.

I hope we can all come to a happy medium, because geocoin discussion is primarily what this place was, and for the old timers, they miss what it used to be like. For the newbies and many other of us its how its always been and just a fun place to be. Ummmm Dont know any better? :D

Just in the past year 1/2 I have seen the forums make change, but before that I dont know what it was like. I do agree, lots of off topic cointests, missions galore (esp. in recent months past) and important coin talk get pushed back...Ive seen that first hand! Just look at Broken W's personal coin topic- THAT shoulda at least been around page 1 a few more days and I am sure there are many more. Nobody else has dreams of geocoins???-I figured that one woulda went for a wee bit.

Can we come to a consesus and just ask for cointests to be semi-coin related, coin people related, or the like... maybe? I mean we gotta draw a line somewhere...Tonights Cointest~"Guess how many Mole Holes are in my front yard!!!" :D Then "Number of Bent forks in my Drawer" :D We've seen some doosies now havent we? :D

Dont know what we can do, but somethin Id say... Maybe take a poll where all ya gotta do is vote...no lengthy responses, no him ha'n around. Cause I can see both sides quite clearly... OP's side especially, if I didnt enjoy some of em, I wouldnt like em either. But I have made friends, had fun, and even GOT COINS!!! :D ...Just not so many- Think Ive only won one or 2 cointests! (that I can remember anyways)

Kay...Thats way more than I ever expected to say...Sorry for the Essay!!! For anyone that read all this, YOU JUST WON A COIN!!! :( ... :D

woohoo!

i won a coin! :D

it was a good essaqy bigD, thanks for your opinion!

I could say some things about this, but I am really mad right now, and I know I might post some things that I might regret later on...

Why does everything has to go into debates? This forum was much fun to read, untill this debate started to pop up in several places... And I am not only talking about the cointests, I had a good time reading just about everything, I learned a lot...

Just stop spoiling the fun of others, if you want a separate forum, the go to the suggestion page of Groundspeak and tell them, if they decide to do so it will be, if not, then not... But stop making averyone discuss about it!

(Do not tell me: "If you do not want to debate, then you do not have to.", that is not what I mean!)

Huh?

What are you talking about? And why are you "mad"? Spoiling the fun of others?!?

Forums are for debates and discussions. If you don't like that, then don't read the forums. That is easy.

This discussion was started by me to see if anyone else felt the same way as I do, and if it would be worth making a suggestion to Groundspeak. There is not much point making a suggestion if 99% of the forum users are against the idea.

Relax.

I could say some things about this, but I am really mad right now, and I know I might post some things that I might regret later on...

Why does everything has to go into debates? This forum was much fun to read, untill this debate started to pop up in several places... And I am not only talking about the cointests, I had a good time reading just about everything, I learned a lot...

Just stop spoiling the fun of others, if you want a separate forum, the go to the suggestion page of Groundspeak and tell them, if they decide to do so it will be, if not, then not... But stop making averyone discuss about it!

(Do not tell me: "If you do not want to debate, then you do not have to.", that is not what I mean!)

Huh?

What are you talking about? And why are you "mad"? Spoiling the fun of others?!?

Forums are for debates and discussions. If you don't like that, then don't read the forums. That is easy.

This discussion was started by me to see if anyone else felt the same way as I do, and if it would be worth making a suggestion to Groundspeak. There is not much point making a suggestion if 99% of the forum users are against the idea.

Relax.

indeed. Lots of people feel like you do. Lots of people don't. It's all good information for TPTB as they iron out the rules and regulations for cointests and missions. I'm enjoying reading the input myself.

TMA

Well said Naomi

Miss dysfunctional :D

:(:D:D

I personally like it the way it is but the additon of the bold word mission and cointest does seem nice. An icon would do it too. I subscribe to the forum so when a new topic is posted I get an email and know whether or not it is something I want to follow. I also subscribe to the topics I am interested in. If the title isn't something I am interested in when I come to the forum I just skip over it. Very easy to do. When it gets right down to it I probably don't read 90% of what is posted here either but I woulnd't call it garbage. Its just not interesting to me. Remember that one person's junk can be another's treasure......

<personal attack removed by moderator>

No namecalling is required, how RUDE. People like you ruin some of the best things.

Edited by Eartha

No namecalling is required, how RUDE. People like you ruin some of the best things.

I am not saying that I agree with Atlantagal, but please don't add to the name calling kiddo431443. You are fairly new to these geocoin forums and you do not know what people have done in the past for the geocoin community. :( Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we don't have to like it.

I like the idea of having a forum with sub threads. I.E. you come to the main geocoin forum page and have like a table of contents. Sales, Cointests, Mission, General geocoin discussions. Then when you click on one of them all the threads pretaining to that particular subject are found there. That way you know exactly where to go for new geocoin sales, etc.

Edited by Eartha

Actually Atlanta Gal has done some WONDERFUL things for the community!!

But I would have to say that more people could step up to the plate and post more relevant topics if they think that is neccessary or would be more to their liking.

Edited by Eartha

Why does everything has to go into debates?

The forum title is Geocoin Discussions. :( It's a place to discuss geocoins. As I said before, I realize that these forums are the only social outlet for some, but that is what the off topic forum is for.

Just stop spoiling the fun of others, if you want a separate forum, the go to the suggestion page of Groundspeak and tell them

IMO wading thru mission after mission and cointest after cointest gets in the way for those who want to hear about new geocoins, it's spoiling our fun collecting coins. Cointests and missions are not intrinsically, and I have enjoyed participating in some, but when they become nothing more than social grandstand of off topic personal banta for weeks on end (no, I really don't care for the "What did I ate for dinner last night cointest), then they no longer serve a useful purpose in the geocoin forums. IMO. They are something for off-topic.

Like many other debates I see a split:

(1) those who use the forums to buy, sell, trade and collect coins

(2) those who use the forums as a social life

And some of us straddle both sides. :D

Edited by avroair

Wow :(:D

Sounds like a little immaturity there huh? :D

I have to agree with AG, I very rarely post anymore, and the cointests wear me out.

And, like, when I was a kid, like me and my sisters were playing, like by the road, and we got like hit by a car and they like got smunched, and like, people like you really, like RUIN my day by like bringing it up, so please don't kaythanks :D:(:D

Edited by Eartha

Wow :(:D

Sounds like a little immaturity there huh? :D

I have to agree with AG, I very rarely post anymore, and the cointests wear me out.

And, like, when I was a kid, like me and my sisters were playing, like by the road, and we got like hit by a car and they like got smunched, and like, people like you really, like RUIN my day by like bringing it up, so please don't kaythanks :D:(:D

Wow, except that like, I dont like, say like, "like", every like, 2 minutes.

For those who say "buy the premium," well okay, it is bought. And if you want to be immature by teasing, i hope i ruined your day.

Edited by Eartha

Actually Atlanta Gal has done some WONDERFUL things for the community!!

I agree totally that AG has done quite a few great things for the community as a whole. However, I agree with the spirit (not necessarily the harsh wording) of kiddo here...it doesn't further good community feelings to call people who cannot/don't wish to pay for a premium membership "crybabies" or the like. I know that I haven't toed that line all that well myself, so in this case I agree in calling a spade a spade...even if it's from me...a spade myself.

Edited by Eartha

I agree with AG too.

At the very least, lets close the threads when cointests are done.

And that premium membership...you can also pay $3 a month for it.

yep yep, you go Joni.

And yeah, for the shipping cost of one coin, a Premium membership. Pretty interesting to think about that when people that can't? afford it have their own coins made, buy coins, and trade/cointest coins on a regular basis. . . .

TMA

Comments?

Why do you want to close the cointest??

I like to congrats the winners and thank the owner of the cointest for the price.

I'm not suggesting that the moderators close the cointest as soon as the time limit is up. I was just suggesting that the person running the cointest ASK a moderator to close it after the prize is awarded, kudos have been expressed, etc. That way the cointest will drop off the bottom of the page eventually.

Quite often a cointest thread bubbles back to the top because the recipient of the prize posts when they receive it. This can just as easily be done in the mailbox thread without bringing the long-ended cointest thread back up to the top.

Why not more cointest?

Every cointest is different and you can choose the one who fits you.

Two reasons. First, it would reduce the number of concurrent cointest threads in the forum -- threads which typically get a high number of responses and so stay at the top of the list. Today, for example, I had to scroll down the page to find the first non-cointest topic! (this thread was the first I found, btw).

Second, it would give that one running cointest the spotlight. It might get more respondents too, if it were the only game in town.

I agree with AG too.

yep yep, you go Joni.

And yeah, for the shipping cost of one coin, a Premium membership. Pretty interesting to think about that when people that can't? afford it have their own coins made, buy coins, and trade/cointest coins on a regular basis. . . .

TMA

Again, the both of you forget that some people choose not to do the premium membership deal. It's their choice. Why should they be shut out for their convictions?

Again, even though the usual suspects agree with each other (didn't take Kreskin to see that one coming) it still didn't make AG right. She's dead in the wrong.

I agree with AG too.

yep yep, you go Joni.

TMA

Again, the both of you forget that some people choose not to do the premium membership deal. It's their choice. Why should they be shut out for their convictions?

Again, even though the usual suspects agree with each other (didn't take Kreskin to see that one coming) it still didn't make AG right. She's dead in the wrong.

She posted her opinion, which can never be questioned as a fallacy. Agreeing with an opinion, also not able to be questioned. Although it obviously is :(

Posting style, well, ok, question that all ya want. I know some people "choose" not to pay up for incredible services, and that's just fine by me. But those folks can't complain when TPTB make stuff premium only. Like, off topic. They've chosen to limit their participation :D

When did I become a usual suspect anyway? :D