Geocaching mentioned on Radio 2 today!

Alboy

I wish I'd been paying more attention, but at about 5.45pm Chris Evans was asking a female listener what she'd do if she had an unexpected day off - her answer? A lie in from the kids then out geocaching!!

I think her name was Sian, but as I say, I wasn't really concentrating til that point!

Anyone else hear it? Who is the mystery cacher!?

Can you listen back on the radio 2 website? Not sure, I haven't got time to check it out, but I think you might be able to!

Yes, you can.

I've just had a listen. About 42 minutes into the programme Sian Green in a big blue Merc was stuck in traffic on the A417 gives the mention. Chris Evans didn't bat an eyelid just a quick cheerio. Bet he wondered what she was talking about.

Where's the A417? I know that will be between the A4 and the A5. But where I am, that could be somewhere between south Wales and north Wales! :D But her name was Sian.... that's a Welsh name! Ooooooo.

Think you are a bit too far West, the A417 runs through Wantage in Oxfordshire, sort of Reading area to Cirencester, know it very well. :)

Heard the programme, stuck on the M62 in the lorry drivers fuel protest, and yep I though "geocaching" and expected a Chris Evans comment, "What's Geocaching?" but nothing. :)

Cheers

Nick

I heard it and was surprised when Chris did not ask questions about caching. I even emailed him to ask him if he knew what it was all about.

No response though :( .

We should all try to get mentioned on his show on Friday - you know the bit where you text in and say what you are planning to do. It would be quite amusing to hear loads of text messages being read out from cachers.

I heard it and was surprised when Chris did not ask questions about caching. I even emailed him to ask him if he knew what it was all about.

No response though :D .

We should all try to get mentioned on his show on Friday - you know the bit where you text in and say what you are planning to do. It would be quite amusing to hear loads of text messages being read out from cachers.

Sounds like a plan...... :(

So, what's the time & what's the number to use? Maybe a quick 'virtual' event cache could be set up for everyone who gets read out :P

Send your txt to 88291 (between 17:00 & 19:00)

Unfortunately I cannot access the radio2 website from work (blocked because it's possible to listen to the radio) so I can't give you the number for phoning in requests.

:D:ninja::P

Edited by Turkey Trotter

How funny!! Hee hee!! Fame at last!!!!! It was indeed me - Psychosian, and no I'm not that bad, only 'psycho' in a nice way!

Apart from the fact that I really genuinely would go caching on an unexpected day off, part of it was because I like to tell everyone possible about it cos I think it's the best thing ever. I thought he might ask what it was - I can't imagine he's the sort that would do it and therefore know! I totally agree that we should get something on R2 about it.

Ooo... how exciting!!

[ETA: And thanks to careygang for the PM!]

Edited by Psychosian

OK then lets do it..

Time 1700 this Friday 27th so all the text come in over the news when the Ginger one is probably most likely to look at them.

Flash mob stylee but I'm afraid you will have to sign the log at the large event up north..

We cannot make it official unless we all wait for the 2 weeks minimum for an event.

By the way.. Well done Sian :blink:

Edited by Madyokel

Unfortunately I cannot access the radio2 website from work (blocked because it's possible to listen to the radio) so I can't give you the number for phoning in requests.

I think the phone number is 0500 288291

So, 5pm Friday it is then when we all contact the show....lets inundate him!!

Is there going to be a standard message that we'll use so that they'll all show up en-masse?

Good idea. I was just thinking of something like:

'Chris - great show, thanks. I plan to spend the weekend geocaching. Please say hi to all geocachers listening. Thanks Midnight Ramblers'

I think he only reads messages out that mention how great his show is ;-)

Is there going to be a standard message that we'll use so that they'll all show up en-masse?

Good idea. I was just thinking of something like:

'Chris - great show, thanks. I plan to spend the weekend geocaching. Please say hi to all geocachers listening. Thanks Midnight Ramblers'

I think he only reads messages out that mention how great his show is ;-)

Won't he think it strange everyone saying "Thanks Midnight Ramblers"?

Edited by The Bongtwashes