What's the most FTF's you've found in one day?

ArtieD

With all the talk about FTF's lately, it got me thinking about a happier element of it...best one-day numbers.

On June 12th I was lucky enough to manage 16 FTF out of 18 total caches found. I am sure I am not the highest out there, but I just gotta ask...

What's the best day you've ever had for FTF's?

:(

Thanks for asking - the short answer seems to be 5. A bunch of days with 3 and 4. It was fun looking over that list, lots of memories there.

My favorites mostly weren't on days with more than one, but caches that had sat for a while unfound - with or without DNFs posted ;-) and one in particular that I DNFed 3 times before finding.

I've had several in one day when a friend hid a bunch in a 5.700 acre preserve that is brutal to hike thru. I probably could of waited a month to snag 'em. But around here FTF's are like gold and there's a major rush to get them. Even puzzle caches. The best one I saw was a tough paddle only multi cache we placed and thought it would be months before anyone got them.... the FTF was 2 days after being hidden. I was impressed.

Edited by infiniteMPG

My best day was 5... and we didn't set out to be FTF on any of them... it just kinda happened! :D

We were participating in a Geocaching "Road Rally" event and there were dozens of new caches published the night before the event. It just so happened that the route we took hadn't been "picked over" yet, which was surprising since many of the new caches were found in the wee hours of the morning by one of our local FTF hounds :) Then he didn't even attend the event the next morning, probably due to being so worn out from hunting FTF's all night :) !

DCC

Edited by Driver Carries Cache

Congrats on your record. It made me curious and I looked at my state's new caches. Starting with today, here are the number of new caches across the whole state, about 400 miles wide:

18th 0

17th 9

16th 2

15th 13

14th 10

13th 11

12th 4

11th 11

10th 4

9th 3

8th 10

Of those, the vast majority were found on the day they were published or the next. Right now there are only 9 of them unfound, and 6 of those were placed yesterday. Several of those may be found but not yet logged. Since it is unusual to have 17 unfound caches avalible to us at any one time, I would guess your record is safe from Virginians.

Forty. :D

Gosh...that was almost a year ago. I hope they don't try anything stupid on Highway 41 this year. :)

WOW! Must of been a fun birthday drive between Effingham and Marshall. A belated Happy 40th to ya, too.

And it looks like it's just about a week and a half away from adding another cache to highway 40 :)

Forty. :)

Gosh...that was almost a year ago. I hope they don't try anything stupid on Highway 41 this year. :D

WOW! Must of been a fun birthday drive between Effingham and Marshall. A belated Happy 40th to ya, too.

And it looks like it's just about a week and a half away from adding another cache to highway 40 :D

Awwww, thanks. It was quite a day...they really surprised me.

I was equally surprised that I managed to get FTF on all of them. It was about a 5 and a half hour trip to #40. I figured by the time I got there someone would have snagged it. I don't know if everyone was just being kind or if I'm just the only guy who had the day off that day. :D

Prior to the 40, my record was 15 in one day. That time the caches had been sitting around for 2 or 3 days with no finds yet. It was over Christmas and the weather had been bad....I suppose both factors kept people from rushing out to get them.

As for 41....ugh....it doesn't sound nearly as much fun as 40. :)

Awwww, thanks. It was quite a day...they really surprised me.
Those are the best kind!

I was equally surprised that I managed to get FTF on all of them. It was about a 5 and a half hour trip to #40. I figured by the time I got there someone would have snagged it. I don't know if everyone was just being kind or if I'm just the only guy who had the day off that day. :D
Probably a bit of both, most cachers I know are a pretty respectable bunch.... most of them :D

Prior to the 40, my record was 15 in one day. That time the caches had been sitting around for 2 or 3 days with no finds yet. It was over Christmas and the weather had been bad....I suppose both factors kept people from rushing out to get them.
Still a dang good number. Here in Florida the 12 mile hike caches hidden in a bazillion degree weather in August can sit for a while.... but the others :

Don’t HESSitate GCYEMF

September 22, 2006 by BigMahma (174 found)

Ughhhh! I was PLACING a cache here when the notification came across my mobile email! No kidding on hesitation!

new record on FTF...

under 2 minutes of publish

As for 41....ugh....it doesn't sound nearly as much fun as 40. :)
Awwww... don't fret, they're as fun as you make 'em.... like mine :

My BIG Five Oh - GC10VKA :)

We had a new series put out here some time ago and I did 16 FTF's myself in a day. Four of us had 50 caches put out for us for various milestones at one time. We got all 50 FTF's but that was a team thing with no one else hunting them so that wouldn't count. Gas prices have stopped me from dashing out anymore.