Garmin 60CSX won;t pick up satellites

Do I need to reset my unit? If so how do I do this? It won;t pick up satellites, and the compass pointer has disappeared. It had been working perfectly fine. I did put in fresh batteries AFTER this happended to try to troubleshoot it. Help me...please

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=180461&hl=

You should be able to get it probably fixed with information from above thread. scroll down to my or to

"The Hamian Explorers" posting and see if that helps.

Interesting.....so what happens if your in the backcountry and you find version 0.00 on your GSPr?

Personally, I would pull out my paper topo map, on which I periodically check my location, and use it with my mechanical compass to navigate as I learned to do before GPS existed. It would be an inconvenience, not a catastrophe

Do I need to reset my unit? If so how do I do this? It won;t pick up satellites, and the compass pointer has disappeared. It had been working perfectly fine. I did put in fresh batteries AFTER this happended to try to troubleshoot it. Help me...please

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=180461&hl=

You should be able to get it probably fixed with information from above thread. scroll down to my or to

"The Hamian Explorers" posting and see if that helps.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Exactly as you stated on the thread I needed to reload the software from the Garmin website!

My GPS is working perfectly now but it is definitely a reminder to me to learn how to use a paper map ASAP if/when I go caching remotely!

elaineandtal

Interesting.....so what happens if your in the backcountry and you find version 0.00 on your GSPr?

Cheers,

Jim

The only time I have seen the chipset show version 0.0 is when there is a failed update attempt. It may even be the unit you bought new was actually used and someone else messed it up then returned it.

I guess this is what you have to deal with when Garmin decides to package these unit so poorly, anyone can use it for weeks/months and still repackage and return them.