Why did the iQue M5 die?

I was looking at the iQue M5, I don't understand. The hardware looks superb, and it had so much potential. Why didn't the M5 make more of a hit than the colorado? Generally I think things which are PocketPC based or have software which allow even simple developers to make better applications are superior in design.

Money? Its about the same price as the Colorado

Design? Its PocketPC powered and even has a CPU just for the GPS.

I think the issue I've with geocaching with my 76CSx, I can't get more caches without being by a computer. That being said even if I was carrying a PPC based phone with the net and the capabilityt o upload coordinates to my GPS its STILL a pita to upload massive coordinates.

My dream unit...

- Hit a button to connect to a wifi service and connect using a application of my choice/home made to connect to geocaching.com and fetch all surrounding caches within X number of feet/miles.

- all the stuff the colorado can display

- decent GPS receiver, whcih disqualifies many PPC based units already, there aren't any decent receivers I can find. They're all expensive POS which are nothing but wanna be a Garmin receiver.

Oh why Garmin, why not make the iQue M6 for us? :)

I was looking at the iQue M5, I don't understand. The hardware looks superb, and it had so much potential. Why didn't the M5 make more of a hit than the colorado? Generally I think things which are PocketPC based or have software which allow even simple developers to make better applications are superior in design.

Money? Its about the same price as the Colorado

Design? Its PocketPC powered and even has a CPU just for the GPS.

I think the issue I've with geocaching with my 76CSx, I can't get more caches without being by a computer. That being said even if I was carrying a PPC based phone with the net and the capabilityt o upload coordinates to my GPS its STILL a pita to upload massive coordinates.

My dream unit...

- Hit a button to connect to a wifi service and connect using a application of my choice/home made to connect to geocaching.com and fetch all surrounding caches within X number of feet/miles.

- all the stuff the colorado can display

- decent GPS receiver, whcih disqualifies many PPC based units already, there aren't any decent receivers I can find. They're all expensive POS which are nothing but wanna be a Garmin receiver.

Oh why Garmin, why not make the iQue M6 for us? :D

When I am out I can use Geocache Navigator on my samsung m500 cellphone with sprint service to pull any surrounding caches then go to gps screen and find the cache. This however only work if I have local service. I have found geocache navigator to be a great tool when I don't have my colorado with me or if I need to see if there is a cache around present location.