888 Circular Infinity Event coins

avroair

Germany pulled out. Anyone want to run an event with a German coin? :rolleyes:

I have secured this coin for Florida. Florida is hosting 3 events, one in Northwest FL, one on the Space Coast and one about 80 south of the Space Coast. I can't wait to get my full set as well as all the FL ones.

My event got listed today. I didn't get a geocoin made for it, but a bunch will be released. :rolleyes: I also got the GC# I wanted. :rolleyes:

GC1E888

Is this part of our group?

Still need the GC #s for the remaining group events to add to the bookmark list.

It is an 8/8/8 specific event, but it is one I planned before I found out (from this thread) that others were doing ones too. So, it didn't start out as part of any group, but if there's a bookmark list for 8/8/8 events it could be included.

My event got listed today. I didn't get a geocoin made for it, but a bunch will be released. :rolleyes: I also got the GC# I wanted. :rolleyes:

GC1E888

Still need the GC #s for the remaining group events to add to the bookmark list.

GC1E26M

Mississippi's is up and running.

GC1E888

It is an 8/8/8 specific event, but it is one I planned before I found out (from this thread) that others were doing ones too. So, it didn't start out as part of any group, but if there's a bookmark list for 8/8/8 events it could be included.

There are a few bookmark lists, but mine is for only the events that are part of this coin project group.

I am looking forward to seeing the corrected version of the Pittsburgh coin...if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have none at all :lol:

They didn't correct the back of mine. Some of the white circles should be orange. So from what I understand, these are final

Edited by AtlantaGal

I am looking forward to seeing the corrected version of the Pittsburgh coin...if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have none at all :lol:

They didn't correct the back of mine. Some of the white circles should be orange. So from what I understand, these are final

Got an email from the boss man himself...they are fixing ours, as they forgot a color on the back.

Got an email from the boss man himself...they are fixing ours, as they forgot a color on the back.

Well I hope mine gets fixed. The colors look off on the backside. I hope it's the lighting.

Well I hope mine gets fixed. The colors look off on the backside. I hope it's the lighting.

I think that the lighting is off...our shiny gold doesn't have much shine, except for where they forgot the enamel (LOL). I am glad that I got to see them before we go on vacation! They all look great!

Edited by DresselDragons

I think that the lighting is off...our shiny gold doesn't have much shine, except for where they forgot the enamel (LOL). I am glad that I got to see them before we go on vacation! They all look great!

Yup mint photos suck. But I saw the samples while I was in Utah and they look gorgeous!

Here are the coin versions for each event:

FRONT

2866c4e4-f8a2-4b3f-bb43-fe4f5438a4eb.jpg

BACK

75013c6a-b4cb-4d80-bb48-b8fc993a4a23.jpg

In order of appearance:

Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Geoswag.com, Idaho

California, Texas, New Jersey, Hawaii\Maine

Florida, Mississippi, Alabama

Italy, Portugal

:blink:

The New Jersey event is in the north :rolleyes: Come on up!

My event got listed today. I didn't get a geocoin made for it, but a bunch will be released. :unsure: I also got the GC# I wanted. :drama:

GC1E888

There are a few bookmark lists, but mine is for only the events that are part of this coin project group.

Not sure if you added ours or not but here is the # GC1E37H

We are the ones that secured the Florida coin.

How about the event at the MWGB. The local Walmart parking lot has been reserved just for this event for us!! :ph34r::mad:

LOL!

I hope it isn't as hot up there as it is down here. I think we've been over a hundred degrees everyday. That Walmart parking lot would be miserable! ;)

Well I was told from a VERY reliable source :ph34r: that we also have the entire store at our disposal!

How about the event at the MWGB. The local Walmart parking lot has been reserved just for this event for us!! :ph34r::ph34r:

LOL!

I hope it isn't as hot up there as it is down here. I think we've been over a hundred degrees everyday. That Walmart parking lot would be miserable! :mad:

But the company will more then make up for the location! ;)

My family in colorado have just moved into their EIGHT sided home, which they worked to build all last year. They are having their housewarming party on (you guessed it) 080808. How could I get some of these coins to give them as a gift? Do you have to attend an event?

Thanks!

My family in colorado have just moved into their EIGHT sided home, which they worked to build all last year. They are having their housewarming party on (you guessed it) 080808. How could I get some of these coins to give them as a gift? Do you have to attend an event?

Thanks!

Oak coins has their own version which will be on sale to the public on their website on 8-8-08.

Edited by AtlantaGal

We got the Florida coins today and they look great as well. We also got the full set of 12 which is really cool.

I had to remember to set one of my AL ones aside to make the whole set of 13. I'm glad I looked through the mailer, because I thought the full (including mine) set was in there. :unsure:

They all turned out great!

We got the Florida coins today and they look great as well. We also got the full set of 12 which is really cool.

I had to remember to set one of my AL ones aside to make the whole set of 13. I'm glad I looked through the mailer, because I thought the full (including mine) set was in there. :unsure:

I had to do the same thing. I even called mark in a panic cause I thought the Oak version was mine and wondered how they screwed it up so badly, lol.

I had to do the same thing. I even called mark in a panic cause I thought the Oak version was mine and wondered how they screwed it up so badly, lol.

I guess we were all in the same boat. I kept thinking ok, they must have made a special print of the Florida coin that is included. Then I finally figured out I had to add mine to the collection. I wish there was an easy way to identify each one though...maybe a tag in each coin saying which it was would have been a good idea. Oh well, glad to have gotten in on this they look really great.

I guess we were all in the same boat. I kept thinking ok, they must have made a special print of the Florida coin that is included. Then I finally figured out I had to add mine to the collection. I wish there was an easy way to identify each one though...maybe a tag in each coin saying which it was would have been a good idea. Oh well, glad to have gotten in on this they look really great.

I'm going to print up something to put in the flip saying what state/country the event is from. When compared to the picture (that avroair posted of the actual coins and captioned), it's easier to identify where they are from.

Got the NJ coins yesterday, they look great! Great job at picking colors! Geoswag will have their own unique coin (100 total minted), 85 available in their store on 080808, they might also be putting up extra coins that don't sell at the events. To reserve coins, contact your local event organizer.

;)