888 Circular Infinity Event coins

avroair

I have been asked quite frequently about the 080808 multi event coins. Well, here is a heads up peek look at them, with the artwork still in progress. There will be 10 or so 080808 events sharing the same coin design with various color and metal changes.

Minted: 100 of each flavor

Size: 1.75"

Trackable: Yes, with icon, tracking number will be around the rim

Available at each event location: Pittsburgh, New York, Atlanta, Idaho, Honolulu, Dallas, San Francisco Bay Area, Germany, Italy, Portugal and maybe a couple more locations.

87f733b5-ff12-43e1-a7b1-ec3d063009d3.jpg

And a larger image:

Front: Crazy 8's with infinity signs around the outside

Back: Circular Infinity symbol

6d19c39c-a161-4761-bafb-b5502a7807a8.jpg

Gonna take a guess here that the Pittsburgh event coin is...let's see...Black & Gold? *rawk*

Now, now...don't steel (get it?) my thunder. Actually, the Pgh version is not posted yet...and amazingly enough, my take on a black and gold coin is a little different than the one posted (amazing because I had not seen anyone else's artwork before now). Still sorting out our location...but hope to have the final arrangements soon.

There will be two events in Italy: one in Tuscany and one in South Tirol. Since exact venues have not been decided yet, the event pages are not online yet. Anyone interested in being put on the waiting list for the Italian event coins (the ones that will still be available after the event itself), drop me a line.

Edited by kdv
The Flipper's are not doing a caching event on that day, but we are getting married on that day, figured it would be easy to remember the date :( for future anniversaries :D

cheers

Gayle & Mark

Awww...,that is so sweet, neat idea, altho hubby and I are married already...but still consider us newly weds yet, we got married in 04. Congrads you both. Hey to keep this on topic, do you have a personal geocoin to trade? I love Dolphines:)

Valarie and Barry of sweetlife

Germany pulled out. Anyone want to run an event with a German coin? :unsure:

Maybe the event hosts could each get a certain amount of the coins (if they are already in the minting process) to sell at our events. I know I can't do another hundred, but I could handle 10 or so extra.

As a host of one of the events, I would like to try to get one of each of the coins from the other hosts, via trade or purchase.

This is automatic. The hosts of each location receive one of each coin and in turn automatically send one of each coin to the other location hosts. Your order should be shipped that way.

Very cool! I've been planning an event for 8/8/8 as well. Given I always go for 88 numbers on account of my caching name, I figured I had to do something on an all 8s day. :unsure: I had originally planned to do a geocoin event, but between being slow getting the artwork together for the coin and having trouble finding a place to hold it, I decided to go with a different idea. Had I known there was a group event coin being made, I might have tried to get some for mine. Oh well. Might have to try and trade for one or two of these.

Will Arizona have their own event geocoin? I will be arriving on the 8th and hope to attend the event.

I don't believe so, I don't think the Phoenix area event was planned until well after the coins were in progress.

I hope you can make it, I'll look forward to seeing you there.

As a host of one of the events, I would like to try to get one of each of the coins from the other hosts, via trade or purchase.

This is automatic. The hosts of each location receive one of each coin and in turn automatically send one of each coin to the other location hosts. Your order should be shipped that way.

Okay, great. I hadn't known about that.

Thanks!