geocoins

wallys wood yard

How do you by a geocoin & how much are they?

well, you look on ebay and and at coin vendors, then you empty your wallet and bank accounts, forget the kids college fund and no new car for years. and forget about fixing the one you have.

it is a sickness, a wicked addiction for which there is no cure, no antidote.

but we love them anyway. words of advice — GO SLOW!!!! look at lots of photos to see what you like. there are a couple of places where folks have trading lists. they are like encyclopedias of what has been done. and people post here when they have new coins coming out.

check out: www.geocoincollection.com/cointrade/coinlist.asp and

http://cointracking.com/

RedShoesGirl

How do you by a geocoin & how much are they?

it is a sickness, a wicked addiction for which there is no cure, no antidote.

RedShoesGirl

I wish someone would have told me that prior to me getting into this....

*stands up*

Hi, My name is Dustin, and I'm a coin addict...

*waits for the "Hi Dustin"*

I've been a coin addict for about 2 weeks now... I can't control myself, I buy and buy and buy and buy... Next thing I know, I'm dreaming about them, I can't get away. I blog them, I tell coworkers about them, I post them on other forums... It's horrible *breaks down into tears*

Ok, really it's not that bad, but, as RSG said, keep it in moderation. I'm just waiting to have enough to be able to start trading, but, the ones I have now are easily gotten, with the exception of the Titanic coin maybe, and I stupidly only bought one :rolleyes:

Cointracking.com has a comment section for each coin in a collection and sometimes you'll see a price there if folks are selling part or all of their collection. I've purchased some older coins from folks who are downsizing.

It's really easy to get too many really fast, esp at first, as I have discovered :rolleyes: Then there's the challenge of how to store them, which is discussed in several other threads.

It's really easy to get too many really fast, esp at first, as I have discovered :anibad: Then there's the challenge of how to store them, which is discussed in several other threads.

I have added to above quote to ask, How many is too many? I think we are about there, well maybe not yet. :rolleyes:

All you have to do is read threads in here. There is a trading thread that can help get you started knowing what coins to look for, and there is a thread for practically every coin minted. And there are some that are never even offered in here. Start by looking at the pinned thread at the top of the geocoin forums, and then read a few threads. And don't be offended that I'm closing this thread, but we do that in these forums when someone asks this question, because it inevitably becomes an advertisement.

Non-trackables cannot be sold in these forums, only traded.