Best batteries For The Colorado

I am using Energizer 2500mah rechargeables in my Colorado and I have no battery issues. Lasts me quite a long time!

I use the same batteries and they work well. The only issue is that they seem to lose their charge quickly while sitting idle.

I also used the Energizer batteries for a couple of years but found they would lose their charge very quickly. Could be they didn't last very long because I used the 15-minute charger they came with . . . but it probably lessened their lifespan.

The new "Hybrid" batteries, like the Rayovacs available at Target, work great and hold a charge, unused in your pack, for a long time.

I use the same batteries and they work well. The only issue is that they seem to lose their charge quickly while sitting idle.

I also used the Energizer batteries for a couple of years but found they would lose their charge very quickly. Could be they didn't last very long because I used the 15-minute charger they came with . . . but it probably lessened their lifespan.

The new "Hybrid" batteries, like the Rayovacs available at Target, work great and hold a charge, unused in your pack, for a long time.

That's why I bought a proper charger (La Crosse BC-700). I noticed that my Energizer 2500's weren't lasting as long as I expected. When I put them in the BC-700, I could see that they weren't charged anywhere near their full capacity. A few refresh cycles got them back to 2500.

I moved up to the Sanyo 2700's. I had to charge them and discharge them a few times to reach optimal capacity.

The hybrids do hold their charge longer, but they are lower capacity. They don't go above 2000. For GPSr use, I rather have freshly charged 2700s than a hybrid at 2000. Having said that, the hybrids do have their uses. I have them in my Xbox game controllers.

YMMV