Earth Cache White Pin

Harriet the Spy

At GW6 I ran into a cacher who had a bronze, silver, gold, platinum and a white earth cache pin. She said it came from an earth cache starter kit (seminar?) she went to. It looked exactly like the other pins except for white. How do you get a white earth cache pin. And is there some sort of earth cache starter event kit?

The very first EarthCache is in New South Wales Australia and is called Earthcache I - Wasp Head.

And yes, if people ask I will send them a white pin when then visit that EarthCache.

White pins will also be included in the inventory of the new EarthCache store opening soon on www.earthcache.org along with caps and T-shirts.

Geoaware

The very first EarthCache is in New South Wales Australia and is called Earthcache I - Wasp Head.

And yes, if people ask I will send them a white pin when then visit that EarthCache.

White pins will also be included in the inventory of the new EarthCache store opening soon on www.earthcache.org along with caps and T-shirts.

Geoaware

I am so glad you decided to open that store. Everyone asks me where I got my cap and teeshirt!

Geoaware

Yahoo!! Since I'm not gonna go back to Australia, that'll work.

NOTE--Nothing against Australia....it's further than either of us want to sail, the train won't quite make it from Seattle, and we don't fly.

Geoaware

Yahoo!! Since I'm not gonna go back to Australia, that'll work.

NOTE--Nothing against Australia....it's further than either of us want to sail, the train won't quite make it from Seattle, and we don't fly.

When my daughter was in college, she kept threatening to do a semester in Australia. I encouraged her, knowing I would love the opportunity to go there, and figuring that would be an excellent reason to go. Unfortunately, she decided to focus more heavily on her political courses. Too bad, I had already looked up all the earthcaches and caches near the university.

I imagine it takes a bit of time to sail to Australia? The flight time was long enough to make me think twice.

Geoaware

Sweet, its just across the ditch. Maybe next year.

Geoaware

<perks up mousie ears>

Store? Pins? Tshirts? Lanyards?

PayPal?

The store will carry T-shirts, caps, white pins and more...

It will be open in a few weeks.

Geoaware

I'm ready to get a hat. Hopefully wide-brim. I almost gave out the rest of my white pins at an Earthcache primer event I did a couple of months back, but there were too many people and not enough pins.

I got my White EarthCache Pin here:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt=

The event was held in Washingtong, D.C. in October of 2006. It was great and I picked up 3 pins that day. I traded two and kept one for myself....I didn't know they were rare items.

V/R,

Dan

Team_DDNight

We could use some more Earthcache events. I remember when geoaware was asking to have some setup a couple years ago. However, at the time I was setting up a CITO event already. Maybe next time!

Are there previous earthcache event listings a person could peruse for local application? This sounds like a terrific idea! I'm sure I could tie-in our local science teachers in the Anchorage School District, even if it's just for 'extra credit' stuff.

I have a little stash of EC white pins - I'll be handing out one at the BLM's Campbell Science Center here in Anchorage Alaska on July 30th at an evening 'chat' I've been asked to present about geocaching. I'm a huge fan of the potential Alaska holds for earthcaching (especially the kind of earthcaches described elsewhere as 'raw' ones - away from interpretive signage). I'll be challenging the audience to describe landforms present in the immediate area of the Science Center (which is built on an old WWII airfield, still operational but absolutely overgrown away from the runway), and the EC White Pin will be a 'prize' for some lucky responder.

I use the pins as 'teaser' handouts at events, to stimulate interest in completing Anchorage-area earthcaches. Sadly, they're not the most popular to visit, but once folks try it they seem to like them.