Welcome to the EarthCaches forum!

MissJenn

Welcome to this new section of the Groundspeak Forums!

EarthCaches are developed by geocachers with a special interested in geology. They show how our planet has been shaped by geological processes.

Have fun sharing your questions and your knowledge with the community on this topic!

For more information about EarthCaches, visit:

http://www.earthcache.org/

That was a quick response!

And a very special welcome to the new forums from the EarthCache team at the Geological Society of America. We are the group that approves EarthCaches around the world.

We are delighted :rolleyes: that there is now a special place to discuss all aspects of EarthCaches. We will let the 'collective knowledge' answer most things...and chime in when we think an 'official' statements will add to the discussion.

Geoaware

Welcome to this new section of the Groundspeak Forums!

EarthCaches are developed by geocachers with a special interested in geology. They show how our planet has been shaped by geological processes.

Have fun sharing your questions and your knowledge with the community on this topic!

For more information about EarthCaches, visit:

http://www.earthcache.org/

Thank you Miss Jenn!

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

I LOVE this forum and appreciate genegene for suggesting it and Miss Jenn for making it a reality...

BUT, are we gonna get some kind of moderation or sumpthin up in here? Four threads have been replied to today and three of them are relating to issues that are best handled privately. Quite likely nothing will be resolved publicly and there will always be questions and concerns that need to be addressed but this is getting tiresome and (IMO) it's really starting to border on harrassment.

Am I the only one that has a PM button??

I've got no dog in this fight (and would like to keep it that way) but I LOVE EarthCaches and LOVE learning more about them and would appreciate if there were some guidelines to keep this forum about EarthCaches.

*jumps off soap box*

Hi Sassy,

are we gonna get some kind of moderation or sumpthin up in here?

If anyone has any questions regarding the appropriateness of a forum discussion post, you may discuss that with the author of the post. Cite the appropriate portion of the forum guidelines if necessary. You may also use the ‘report’ icon found at the bottom of that post. This alerts a Groundspeak Forum moderator to look into that topic. And yes, it does go somewhere (to a site-wide mod) even though this new section has no specifically-named moderator.

Hi Sassy,

are we gonna get some kind of moderation or sumpthin up in here?

If anyone has any questions regarding the appropriateness of a forum discussion post, you may discuss that with the author of the post. Cite the appropriate portion of the forum guidelines if necessary. You may also use the ‘report’ icon found at the bottom of that post. This alerts a Groundspeak Forum moderator to look into that topic. And yes, it does go somewhere (to a site-wide mod) even though this new section has no specifically-named moderator.

Thanks MissJenn, I hadn't even considered the 'report' button. Truth is, I'd forgotten all about it, but then I've never had a reason to use it before now. I'll do that from now on.

As far as a moderator goes, I think that we should be more or less "self moderated" with you MissJen stopping in once and a while to check on things, or if there is a complaint about someone posting something incorporate.

Yes we did get off to a rocky start, but doesn't everything when it first starts.

As of this moment, I think the forum is moving in the right direction as to the original idea of me posting the request for an earthcache forum. There are very knowledgeable earthcachers that use this forum and I (at this moment in time) appreciate them taking the time to help out, agree or disagree on all topics that are posted. I look forward to there responses and enjoy reading there opinions.

There will always be that one person that needs to put there 2 cents in that does not sit well with others, or even says something way out of line that needs to be reminded of the rules.

I will admit, that even I have been talked to about something I have posted, but it was in a P.M. and it was a very good discussion between myself and the moderator.

As for now, lets see how it goes and hope that we will not need a watchdog to bark at every user that is very adamant about there feelings on a topic.

I have no problems with anyone who says what they feel, unless its way off topic or is a personal attack on someone. That should be left to PM's.

But if a dog is needed, everyone already knows now that I do not own a dog, nor would I put it into a fight :P