GPS Software Problem for MAC

Hello Everyone,

I was having problems finding software for the GPS Vista HCX for Mac. The sales persons at REI said that it "should" work, but I don't really want to spend 300 bucks on something that should work. The software that comes with the unit is PC only. Are there versions for MAC. There is software from National Geographic and a few others that works on MAC, however it states on the package that it will not transfer the maps, just the routes. I would love any help anyone could offer in figuring it out.

Keffects

I was wondering what you mean by "get the right disk" those titles say they are for pc only. I am also kind of lost as to what software i need for what. Will bobcat have it's own maps and I use another program to figure out the route and then download the route to the gps with the map from bobcat? How does it all work? Any light you could shed would be amazing!!

Thanks

Both Topo 2008 and City Nav NT will allow you to install directly to the Mac if you get the right disk. Bobcat and MapInstall will get you through just about everything you need after that. They are still in beta, but improving with each generation.

I was wondering what you mean by "get the right disk" those titles say they are for pc only. I am also kind of lost as to what software i need for what. Will bobcat have it's own maps and I use another program to figure out the route and then download the route to the gps with the map from bobcat? How does it all work? Any light you could shed would be amazing!!

Scroll down on this page and this page and you'll see details of the "right disks": the Mac versions of these two maps. As far as I know, these are the only Mac maps from Garmin for the moment.