BBoG loses a band member

Barnie's Band of Gold

Thanks to my closest caching friends for their kinds words and messages of sympathy with the passing of my beloved Fraser.

Fraser was a quirky gentle giant that adored everyone he met. He was close to his house mate Barnie but really preferred people to other dogs. Fraser came into our lives as a reclamation project when he was almost 8 years old. He was an atypical Golden Retriever in most respects but did not have the keen sense of smell that Barnie had in seeking out caches.

The best caches to visit were those that allowed him to stretch his legs and somewhere along the way have a quick swim. He was too slow to chase squirrels but always gave it a try. In the last year or so it became harder for Fraser to participate in many cache walks but was always eager when invited.

Today he walks with us in spirit.

April 1, 1996 (adopted Feb 7, 2004) - June 12, 2008

This lovely boy will be missed by everyone fortunate enough to have crossed his path.

4f95b90b-bb52-4cf8-ab15-a5733ebde15a.jpg

"If love could have saved you you would have lived forever" Thanks to Naomi of mousekakat, Sweden

Edited by Barnie's Band of Gold

Safe journey over the Rainbow Bridge, Fraser!

And hugs to your family you left back on this side!

Just take comfort in knowing that you'll be meeting up again some day!

*hugs*

Naomi :blink:

A special geocoin that I thought appropriate for this moment...

2364ab37-d4d9-45a6-838a-6e2e90848fbd.jpg

6a3d078f-1ec9-4765-8234-8be9a6acacfb.jpg

Edited by mousekakat

"God summoned a beast from the field and he said, "Behold Man, created in my own image. Therefore, adore him. You shall protect him in the wilderness, shepherd his flocks, watch over his children, accompany him wherever he may go…even unto civilization. You shall be his companion, his ally, his slave." "To do these things" God said, "I endow you with these instincts uncommon to other beasts: Faithfulness, Devotion, and understanding surpassing those of man himself. Lest it impair your courage, you shall never foresee your death. Lest it impair your loyalty, you shall be blind to the faults of man. Lest it impair your understanding, you are denied the power of words. Let no fault of language cleave an accord beyond that of man with any other beast or even man with man. Speak to your master only with your mind and through your honest eyes. Walk by his side, sleep in his doorway, forage for him, ward off his enemies, carry his burdens, share his afflictions, love him and comfort him. And in return for this, man will fulfill your needs and wants which shall be only food, shelter, and affection. So be silent and be a friend to man. Guide him through the perils along the way to the land that I have promised him.

"This shall be your destiny and your immortality. So sayeth the Lord. And the dog heard and was content.""

(Author Unknown )

Ah, John... I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved Fraser's passing! It is indeed a sad day when one of our loving pets crosses over the Rainbow Bridge. All too soon they leave us. I hope Barnie is holding up OK. Shadow the geo-pup sends her sniffs and licks. Never knew him but would have loved him!

Cathy :blink:

Hi John,

Just wanted to add my own login re:the death of Fraser.Since Fraser's death,you and I have spoken

personally and so you know how we feel about that beautiful dog.We do feel honoured to have met

Fraser years ago and treasure the photographs we took of him and with him.

I know your loss is great and you will miss him for a very long time but always remember,you are a

better person for having had this wonderful dog in your life.Whatever path you and Barnie may travel,

he will always be by your side and you will undoubtedly feel his presence.Take comfort in knowing you

came into his life when he needed you most and filled his life with an abundance of love and care.

Our hearts are with you dear John.