COINTEST: A very special cointest!

mousekakat

Special cointest!

I wanted to do a special contest and do something different, so, here goes!

I will be doing a special auction for a set of four coins. The following coins will be auctioned as a set:

One artist edition lighthouse suncatcher coin in antique gold with matching pin and one antique silver lighthouse suncatcher coin, as well as the second coin in the series; one artist edition sailboat suncatcher coin in antique gold with matching pin and one antique silver lighthouse suncatcher coin. So, a total of 4 coins and 2 pins. I'll be donating the proceeds of the auction to a charity. I have been asked to not provide a link to the auction by the forum mods, and I also don't want the auction pulled as it would be a "charity auction," so I will list it under "Special Nautical Suncatcher Geocoins" for ease of locating it. It's also the only auction that I have going on under my username at eBay at this time, which is the same as here.

What does this have to do with a cointest, you ask? Well, a lot!

The winner of this cointest will receive a coin from my collection and...

They'll get to choose which charity to send the proceeds from the auction to! The money will be sent in their name unless they designate otherwise, and it's up to the cointest winner to decide if they want to reveal which charity it goes to. The only limits on the charity are as follows:

1. Must accept paypal.
  2. Must be a legitimate charity that I can pay directly to, with the exception of a special cases such as Tank and Tracy, Castleman's Kaitlyn or something else like that which has already been established here. No new special cases like that, though.
  3. The charity can be a sponsorship for something like ride for sight, spina bifida, birth defects, etc., as long as I can pay the paypal directly to that group.
  4. I will not pay to an individual.

You are not required to bid on the coins to join the cointest, bidding on them is not a requirement. I will not list on the auction that they are for charity because I don't want the auction pulled. If you want to bid on them, you're more than welcome, but bidding is not required.

Now, for the cointest rules:

This contest will run until Jun-20-08 13:59:29 PDT

This cointest will be chosen by random number generator in effort to keep it as fair as possible. Since this cointest will run the length of time that the auction runs there will be strict limitations on how often you can enter. You are allowed to enter once every 6 hours. "Spam" type entries will be disregarded, ie, don't just jump in with a "thanks for the cointest" post, keep the cointest on topic. Please don't edit, please keep it nice

Speaking of topic, here it goes!

I want to see what we all know about each other (or don't, hehe), so this cointest is going to be of the "the person above you" type. SO, the next person to post after this post would need to write something trivial, and hopefully nice, lol, about me! For example, the next poster who we'll call "poster x" could write something like "Mousekakat is American and moved to Sweden almost 10 years ago." in their post. Then the person who posts next would write something like "poster x likes to eat pickles and frosted flakes together for breakfast" and soforth and so on. BUT, remember, keep it nice and fun, and hopefully interesting, and no more than 1 post every 6 hours.

If two people post at the same time about the post before, no need to edit, both posts will count, just keep the flow going and the next person does a post about the person who posted last.

Anyway, that's it, hope it's clear and that you all enjoy the cointest and learning about others, and I'm looking forward to making the donation in someone's name!

A simple search on eBay should bring up the auction. Feel free to message me if you can't find it and want the URL.

Good luck everyone, enjoy the cointest!

Naomi

edited to add:

The donation will be minus ebay/paypal fees.

Here is a photo of the coins that are up for auction :blink:

2581166901_c4fb3893e9_o.jpg

Edited by mousekakat

LadyBee4T sent in a good answer in my Cointest Practice, but was a little late!

OK, so we can only post an enrty every six hours...I guess that leaves me plenty of time now to try learning more about the person above me. I hope I'm not out of line in making a suggestion that once each of you has posted your quick entry, maybe take some of the waiting time to learn more about the one above you, and edit your post to share what you've learned.

I see that she has a couple of dogs

533a3c37-f816-4094-be98-386cf5e1d523.jpg

that are under the telepathic control of Roswell the Second (Alien TB).

Sometimes when she's Happy or Excited, she will perform elaborate dance productions for unsuspecting Cyclists.

Good job on the tinsel, Beverly

So, I'll add this instead of posting another. Thank you for the cointest. When you get a chance, look up my TB named 'Cecy's Blue Bike", I like what you're doing here. All of it. You're making a donation to charity, You're giving away a Coin, You're getting the community to engage better with each other. Good Job!!!

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

LadyBee4T sent in a good answer in my Cointest Practice, but was a little late!

'WRITE SHOP ROBERT' has a great cointest running, with photos and Roswell TB! He has a great lottery game too, with cupons, but ....according to his profile, he does not know where he is going! :blink:

I am kiding my friend!

Oops I posted too late on Gatoulis so I'll switch to PengoFamily. Pengofamily collects pathtags as well as geocoins, and have designed several very attractive geocoins including recently the Caching Memories camera coin. Pengobeky likes animal coins and Pengomom has the patience of a saint. :blink:

Edited by southpawaz

Oops I posted too late on Gatoulis so I'll switch to PengoFamily. Pengofamily collects pathtags as well as geocoins, and have designed several very attractive geocoins including recently the Caching Memories camera coin. Pengobeky likes animal coins and Pengomom has the patience of a saint. :blink:

Southpawaz has only been caching for about 7 months now, and already has 771 finds (and 181 trackables), and also has made a very cool Geo-Jellies Big Bean coin!

I do not personally know RSG but I know her Walter has been giving her troubl lately and she seems to be a very nice person....So Walter quit acting up! :blink:

Ooh ooh I know her! SCYoli has a bit of an addiction to Geocoins (don't we all), she is married to SCBrian, and if I remember right they have 2 children. Geez I haven't seen her in awhile. and yes, she lives here in South Carolina like me but closer to the coast, lucky duck!

E&Cplus3 have a new coin coming soon, you should be very proud and happy about that!! You have 200+ finds in just over a year of caching! I find you to be a friendly person.

Great cointest Naomi, I love this! Well done my friend!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

ATMouse apparently has a soft spot for flat-coated retrievers...lovely dogs. And likes the Southern Ontario geocoin -- once I looked it up (I haven't seen it before but live in Ontario myself) it is now on my favourites list to try and find.

Wonderful cointest...as always, I am learning...

ELTADA

Joranda's avatar looks very similar to Rockin Roddy's avatar. Joranda has over 3000 finds!!!!! Woohoo. Joranda has about 115 coins activated. Nice collection! I must admit, I don't know Joranda very well, but would like to know more about Joranda.

Edited by Team FIREBOY

ELTADA owns 5 trackable items.

Joranda is a busy person, aiming to reach 4000 finds by the end of this year. From the photos in Joranda's gallery, it looks like he enjoys hiking. If he doesn't have his Earthcache Platinum Masters pin, he should, as he's found 35 earthcaches in 5 or 6 states and has set up 6 of his own. He's got every icon I've ever seen, including a Mega-event, locationless caches and Project APE cache.

Fun contest...thanks!

GeoKs was one of the participants of the 3rd international math trade that was organized recently here on the geocoin forum.

ELTADA owns 5 trackable items.

Joranda is a busy person, aiming to reach 4000 finds by the end of this year. From the photos in Joranda's gallery, it looks like he enjoys hiking. If he doesn't have his Earthcache Platinum Masters pin, he should, as he's found 35 earthcaches in 5 or 6 states and has set up 6 of his own. He's got every icon I've ever seen, including a Mega-event, locationless caches and Project APE cache.

Fun contest...thanks!

kdv is another active cacher, who lives in Italy and enjoys events.

A member of the GeoQuakers team, has even attended a MEGA event, and hosted an event.

Lovely to meet you kdv ~ great cointest also.

Whoops - don't count this post - I missed the 6 hour post again rule...

That happens when I sneak a peek at the forums when at work! SORRY!

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Team_Gecko13 lives in Hollis, New Hampshire, USA and has hidden an awesome cache in the Woodmont Orchards conservation area in Hollis - in an orchard full of apples that the cacher can enjoy by sight and touch but NOT taste. A working orchard, no less.

As a software engineer and stay at home mom, she is not on these forums often, so I want to say a big Hello to her.

My six hour waiting time is up so I can post again before hitting hte sack!

Sparticus06 statring caching in 06. He likes to go off roading and 4 wheeling and originally bought the GPS for riding and mapping out trails. We also just completeld a trade!!!

dabe5aa7-4e5b-4c35-afbe-7857ad403296.jpg

gardengorilla Loves Gardening, Lives in Canada and is leaving us soon :)

Canada just won't be the same with out you :laughing:

The-Wolf-Pack had their one year geocacing anniversary earlier this month, though they've yet to plant their first hide. :)

jrr

Sillygirl and jrr attended Geowoodstock VI , And are oart if the very special geocahing family :)

Lorca is in Netherlands. She loves her and dog. Her turtle pim ate the flowers in her pond. Lorca likes the color of orange... it is her countries Royal color. Lorca works in a warehouse and tests electronics among other things. Lorca is a friend to Geo.error. 2 arms kiddo.