Trickets/Caches

Now that we have found 19.. some have been micros/nanos....

What kinds of trickets are the best to leave behind? We have a huge stash of these funky little crazy bones that were the craze around her a while back.. my kids take them out once in while to still use..

Mainly we have been placing these.. but what else?

Trying not to leave "junky" stuff... I read somewhere about mermaid tears.. seaglass wrapped with wire & beads..

Should they be more kid friendly, adult friendly???

T

I carry a mix of things that span a variety of price ranges and maturity levels.

I've been known to leave hiking & camping gear (handi-wipes, bug wipes, compass, biners clips) and generalized swag: radios, new wrapped CDs, key chains, packaged labeled gemstones and minerals, buttons, pins, hot wheels, geocaching goodies (bracelets, stickers, labels, unactivated TB tags, pins, coins, path tags).

I keep a box in the house where I dump likely things and stock from there as needed. If someone gives me something I won't use, like a CD carrying case, I throw it in there.

I use the same box for making donations to event give-aways and I've even used it for emergency raids when I need some small gift for someone at the last minute.

I carry a mix of things that span a variety of price ranges and maturity levels.

I've been known to leave hiking & camping gear (handi-wipes, bug wipes, compass, biners clips) and generalized swag: radios, new wrapped CDs, key chains, packaged labeled gemstones and minerals, buttons, pins, hot wheels, geocaching goodies (bracelets, stickers, labels, unactivated TB tags, pins, coins, path tags).

I keep a box in the house where I dump likely things and stock from there as needed. If someone gives me something I won't use, like a CD carrying case, I throw it in there.

I use the same box for making donations to event give-aways and I've even used it for emergency raids when I need some small gift for someone at the last minute.

Same here.

But it's hard to say what is really good. Certainly a $50 bill would be good, but most of us don't have the resources for that kind of trade.

'One man's junk is another man's treasure'. Obviously something that is in usable condition is important! Something you have no use for might be just what the next finder was about to go out and buy for themselves.

'As ye sow, so shall ye reap'

Just some things to keep in mind.

Oh, I think you meant 'trinkets'? :laughing: