The Journey Geocoin

scavok

For those of you waiting so patiently, the Night & Day coins have arrived and are shipping out. I have now opened up presales for a remint of these Journey geocoins :D. It includes the most popular 5 finishes from the original minting plus a new real gold plated version that will come in plastic cases rather than the normal vinyl flips.

It will go through Sunday the 28th before I send the order out to be minted.

http://www.scavok.com/shop/index.php?main_...x&cPath=6_9

Antique Copper:

AC_300.jpg

Antique Bronze:

AB_300.jpg

Antique Silver:

AS_300.jpg

Dark Green on Chrome:

JRN_GC.jpg

Purple on Black Nickel:

JRN_PB.jpg

Edited by scavok

I received my Journey coin today! Thank you! ;)

dang, i have a bad feeling,, you got yours, i live a few miles away from scavok and have yet to see mine,, i wonder where they are!?!? i assume they all got mailed the same day. i hope not lost!! but 4 days in the same state seems like something is wrong.:unsure:

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

I received my Journey coin today! Thank you! :D

dang, i have a bad feeling,, you got yours, i live a few miles away from scavok and have yet to see mine,, i wonder where they are!?!? i assume they all got mailed the same day. i hope not lost!! but 4 days in the same state seems like something is wrong.:unsure:

;) Hopefully tis in the mail and will get to you soon, or maybe Scavok's holding on to it for ransom ? hehe

Well they were all originally sent out at the same time. I mailed them using the APC and some with postage determined online. Needless to say, most of the ones with postage paid via the USPS website were sent back to me. First and last time I use that. I'll send them out again ASAP!

Well they were all originally sent out at the same time. I mailed them using the APC and some with postage determined online. Needless to say, most of the ones with postage paid via the USPS website were sent back to me. First and last time I use that. I'll send them out again ASAP!

well thats good news the coins are not lost, its bad news about the payed shipping, can you just add regular stamps, assuming it wasent enuff postage? why did they return to you? :unsure:

let me give you some light on the subject, the coins were returned to scavok for reasons not knowen, im not sure whats being done about it,, but i do know he has returned to school during the days and is working during the nights or visa versa, , im betting this 3 day weekend will allow him time to catch up on getting these out. ive sent a email or two but have gotten no response. but i do know his life as took a big turn too, so lets give him the bennifit of the doubt and give him more time.

i hope we get them soon my coin board cant be hung up till i get them, and if i remember correctly we paid for these in june, 2 months ago. thats a long wait when your eager to get them,, ha ha :P

Live from "pharmacotherapy - a pathophysiologic approach" class.

I recently moved and have been having significant issues with my new local post office. Originally I mailed all orders, some person to carrier, some via internet postage and some via APC. I received roughly half of the internet postage and APC packages back saying they were insufficiently postage-ed and to add 0.34 to each one to upgrade them to "parcels" instead of "large envelopes" (the majority of which were truly under 1/2" thick). So over a couple days I did that and now received all of the re-posted APC ones back to me saying that two postages on different dates wont work, I have to have a teller re-postage them with the discount of already paid postage.

So I'm calmly (not the thoughts in my head) going to my old PO today and just starting over with tellers who realize their primary jobs aren't to deny delivery.

Don't worry, I haven't dropped off the planet. My days now consist of 6:45am to 10:00pm school/internship followed by homework until I pass out at my desk - then repeat.

For the fun of it: Journey quote of the moment...

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh*t, what a ride!"

For the fun of it: Journey quote of the moment...

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh*t, what a ride!"

I have that same Quote in front of my desk at work, after a career change and many late evenings and countless weekends working at my new job it has gotten better and now I look at it and smile. May you have the same :P .

We'll wait for our coins they are so worth it B)

No sign of my order yet. I was wondering why they were taking so long.

Coins should always be sent package rate.

They don't necessarily have to be. You can ask at the PO to see one of their plastic measuring devices (don't know the real name for it). Just a sheet of plastic with slots and lines on it to show if the envelope is thin enough and if its rigid parts are small enough to make it through their machinery. I used that the first couple times to get a feel for it, but I guess some offices are stricter than others :P

"Don't worry, I haven't dropped off the planet. My days now consist of 6:45am to 10:00pm school/internship followed by homework until I pass out at my desk - then repeat."

Ahh- for the days of going home and hammering out a few Personal Coins!! :anibad:

No worries on my end- I just like to be kept apprised of what's going on. Long stretches of silence tend to get me nervous!

They don't necessarily have to be. You can ask at the PO to see one of their plastic measuring devices (don't know the real name for it). Just a sheet of plastic with slots and lines on it to show if the envelope is thin enough and if its rigid parts are small enough to make it through their machinery. I used that the first couple times to get a feel for it, but I guess some offices are stricter than others :anitongue:

Well, actually, some offices just don't enforce the rules. If you are going large envelope, you have to be 100% bendable as well. Unfortunately geocoins haven't gotten to the bendy stage yet :laughing: They also have to be completely uniform thickness all the way across, which depending on how you set it up, is not always the case either.

I have to agree with AG that any time a coin is purchased, package rate should always be used. I slip trades through all the time at the large envelope rate. But I never take the chance when I have someone's money :anibad:

TMA

They don't necessarily have to be. You can ask at the PO to see one of their plastic measuring devices (don't know the real name for it). Just a sheet of plastic with slots and lines on it to show if the envelope is thin enough and if its rigid parts are small enough to make it through their machinery. I used that the first couple times to get a feel for it, but I guess some offices are stricter than others :anitongue:

Well, actually, some offices just don't enforce the rules. If you are going large envelope, you have to be 100% bendable as well. Unfortunately geocoins haven't gotten to the bendy stage yet :laughing: They also have to be completely uniform thickness all the way across, which depending on how you set it up, is not always the case either.

I have to agree with AG that any time a coin is purchased, package rate should always be used. I slip trades through all the time at the large envelope rate. But I never take the chance when I have someone's money :anibad:

TMA

when at the automation i pick the envlope choice, never had a problem, i also use that when making in country paypal slips, but i usually only mail one or two coins max, i could see if 5-6-7 coins were being mail you might run into problems, i mail usually 2 a week up to 1 every day max, my mother works as a cleark for 39 years , ill ask her if im breaking the rules. shes retiring his year with a bonus they offered her,, im excited for her.

Ahh- for the days of going home and hammering out a few Personal Coins!! :anibad:

Man no kidding :laughing:

----

Yea, at my old PO they whipped out that sheet of plastic and if they could squeeze the envelope through they just charged me the lesser. So now I know; I just never had a problem before, not even once.

I took the twice returned ones to that old PO yesterday and told them about it. The lady just shook her head, took the newer APC stickers off and replaced them with the "forever" stamps, which according to Jay's post means they also OK'd them :anitongue:

Hope they are worth the wait to you all!