The Journey Geocoin

scavok

WOW!! Talk about cosmic timing!!!! I was sitting here, eating lunch and the thought crossed my mind, "I wonder if Roger has that Journey coin ready to go,it's been a long time since I hit the forums...let's see...?".

What timing!!!!!

No newsletter arrived yet brother, but I did go to the presales link and I don't see your item in the list.

Coming later today? I'll be awaiting on pins and needles!!

Take care, can't WAIT to get 'em!!

Peace,

K

WOW!! Talk about cosmic timing!!!! I was sitting here, eating lunch and the thought crossed my mind, "I wonder if Roger has that Journey coin ready to go,it's been a long time since I hit the forums...let's see...?".

What timing!!!!!

No newsletter arrived yet brother, but I did go to the presales link and I don't see your item in the list.

Peace,

K

Yea, I was told they were going to try for today, maybe later on :rolleyes: I go to work soon, so I guess I'll see later tonight!

What timing!!!!!

Peace,

K

Yea, I was told they were going to try for today, maybe later on :P I go to work soon, so I guess I'll see later tonight!

Well, you go to work and don't worry about a thing, i'll be sure to keep an eye on it for you!!! :D:D:D:rolleyes:

Peace,

K

With the big distractions all around, the true light is often the small one at the end of the tunnel. There is, of course, beauty in the tangled and complicated. The view along the path (as well as the path itself) is to be enjoyed while journeying to whatever that lighted destination may be.

For the geocacher in all of us, we all occasionally want to go out with no other plans than to get as many finds as we can before day's end. But at the end of the day, what is it that makes us want to go out and cache again tomorrow? There is the long travel, the hunt, the search and the guessing game. Normally a find, quick sign and then we do it all over again... we do it for the journey that brings us to the cache; for the anticipation of the find and discoveries along the way.

'Tis better to journey hopefully than to arrive... Sometimes the journey is the destination.

For the art itself I drew the single teardrop shape after seeing some very out of place oasis orchids while visiting the southern deserts of New Mexico. It also has some influence from the fantastical Carlsbad Caverns in seeing natural light far off and overhead while down in a cave. I personally prefer the round coins, so seeing the natural radial patterns in both floral and mineral form added to the effect and finished it off.

------------------

Measures 2" diameter

Detailed multi-level designs on both sides

Translucent colors that are see-through

Trackable on Geocaching.com

If enough are ordered, an icon unique to this coin will show on your profile when you log a discovery on geocaching.com

There will most likely be a remint (don't know how big as of yet) of LE and trade only versions a few weeks after presales close.

------------------

journey-acop-350.gif

Direct Presale Link

journey-abrz-350.gif

Direct Presale Link

journey-asil-350.gif

Direct Presale Link

A quick note to mention that initially they didn't have the copper version listed but they gave me a call to see about it and we decided to offer that up for presale as well :D

Larger photos, descriptions, and other finishes that didn't make the cut at scavok.com

Hope you all like them! :D

Edit to add photo links and the description

Edited by scavok

OK ,,SO YOU GOT MY BUCKS ON THIS ONE AND PROBABLY ANY GREAT DESIGN YOU HAVE HERE AFTER SO YOU COULD JUST SEND ME ONE OF EVERYTHING AND BILL ME ,,HA HA HA HA

I GRABBED THE COPPER AND THE SILVER OF THE 3 AS THATS ALL MY POCKET WOULD ALLOW,, WILL SEE IF YOU WANT TO TRADE AE'S LATER DOWN THE ROAD,,,AS YOUVE SEEN WHAT MANY HAVENT FROM MY END :D

KEEP ME POSTED !!!

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

A quick note to mention that initially they didn't have the copper version listed but they gave me a call to see about it and we decided to offer that up for presale as well :D

We were SO excited to see the copper listed too, it's beautiful! Thanks! :D

Me too! I really love the copper one and thought it wouldn't be for sale. But I like the other colors as well, so now I can order all three ;-)

Order placed!! W00T!!! Thanks my friend, beautiful coins, can't wait to get 'em!!!

Now...the Celtic Tree of Life... :D

yea that danged tree is on its 6th die-art revamp now... I expect it to be finalized on monday (though I've expected that a few times now! :D)

I think I should update that thread again too...

Order placed!! W00T!!! Thanks my friend, beautiful coins, can't wait to get 'em!!!

Now...the Celtic Tree of Life... :D

yea that danged tree is on its 6th die-art revamp now... I expect it to be finalized on monday (though I've expected that a few times now! :D)

I think I should update that thread again too...

On my way! I've got to say, from what I've seen it's worth every second you've had to put into the revamp's. A very special coin that deserves all the attention you've put into it!!

You know I'll be in on the preorder for those as well, I had a dream about 'em a few weeks ago!! What's up with THAT?!?!@#$ :D

Take care!

K

For those of you who collect icons as well as the coins this may be important :blink:

I just received news that a sufficient quantity of Journey Geocoins have been sold to apply a custom icon to their tracking codes.

The icon itself has not yet be finished, but that will be posted on scavok.com and in the forums ASAP.

Info, images and presale links are at scavok.com

Edited by scavok

Presales are ending on December 20th for this coin and a couple other great ones at coinsandpins. It doesn't mean that you have until midnight on the 20th (I learned that with the tengwar coin!). So its best to get your order in today or tomorrow just to be safe!

Edited by scavok

Well the presales are over (hope you got yours!!). I've posted minting numbers and finishes on my website if anyone is interested. I think this was the first time ever that CnP had a finish other than bronze sell the most, wohoo go silver!

Anyway, there will be a minting of additional finishes and I will offer most of those for sale from scavok.com when they arrive from CnP <_<

I'll probably post here and will definitely update on my website and via newsletter too :ph34r:

26 Black Nickel with dark purple

26 Chrome with dark green

26 Satin .925 silver with the red transparent enamel in plastic cases

12 Shiny .925 silver with the red transparent enamel in plastic cases - trade only

2 coins of *** finish as the AE (one for me and one for the icon creator)

Well the presales are over (hope you got yours!!). I've posted minting numbers and finishes on my website if anyone is interested. I think this was the first time ever that CnP had a finish other than bronze sell the most, wohoo go silver!

Anyway, there will be a minting of additional finishes and I will offer most of those for sale from scavok.com when they arrive from CnP <_<

I'll probably post here and will definitely update on my website and via newsletter too :ph34r:

12 Shiny .925 silver with the red transparent enamel in plastic cases - trade only

so how do i go about getting on of the fewer minted ones?

Anyway, there will be a minting of additional finishes and I will offer most of those for sale from scavok.com when they arrive from CnP :rolleyes:

I'll probably post here and will definitely update on my website and via newsletter too <_<

so how do i go about getting on of the fewer minted ones?

????

When I recieve the shipment from C&P I will post here to let everyone know. I'll take pics and put them on the website for people to see the photos for a few days and then send out an email to all the newsletter subscribers telling them when sales will open. Once sales are open I'll then post here to let everyone else know :rolleyes:

If they sell well enough I'll invest in a 3rd round which will include remints of the original finishes as well as possible a new one...

Checking out the site right now to place an order. I see that there are four others listed on the site, but it shows them as sold out? They are the Shiny Gold with Light Green, Nickel with Red, Black Nickel with Bright Green and Shiny .925 Silver with Red (Trade Only). I am assuming that the Shiny .925 with Red is only going to be available for trades, but what about the other three? Are they going to be on sale at a later time, or are they already all gone???

As far as I understand Roger, the other four coins are Artist Editions or Trade Only:

1 Shiny Gold with light green - AE (from sample run)

1 Shiny Silver with red - AE (from sample run)

All gone! Wow, well those actually went even faster than the NAWWAL coins did!

I'm thinking that in about a month I'll be holding sales/presales for all of my coins including the Night & Day coin.

I'll be shipping out journey coins today so people should be receiving them by the end of the week :D

All gone! Wow, well those actually went even faster than the NAWWAL coins did!

I'm thinking that in about a month I'll be holding sales/presales for all of my coins including the Night & Day coin.

I'll be shipping out journey coins today so people should be receiving them by the end of the week :D

I cant wait, im alot closer to you then most mine should arrive in a jiffy,, its been a month or so from payment on theese and i know they be worth the wait! -_-

I just wanted to let people know that a presale for a remint of these is going to be held sometime soon. If you want to be notified prior to the sale opening visit www.scavok.com/shop and sign up for the newsletter. I'll post here too, but that will be the best way to get up to date info :laughing: