How to Become a Cache Reviewer?

frex3wv

You can't volunteer.

The cache reviewers are picked by their past contributions to caching. If you want to be a reviewer, hide good caches, follow the rules, help out the caching community. Then if the powers that be at Groundspeak need a reviewer in your area you might be selected for the task.

Well - I am in WV and I don't believe there is one in the area that is familiar with it -so would love to be one (if the powers that be are reading).

I think Dot Plotter and Keystone, when DP lets him, do a fabulous job publishing caches in WV.

A reviewer being familiar with an area isn’t a necessity. However, cachers being familiar with the cache placement guidelines is. You might think “I don't believe there any reviewers of new caches in my immediate vacinity (sic).” because of placement problems more so than the lack of a local reviewer. (Just an observation of mine from info garnered over the past couple of months.)

Being a fellow West Virginian I appreciate your interest and offer of assistance but I believe we’re covered pretty well.

One word of advice though. If the Frog does come banging on your door, RUN.

Edited by wvcoalcat

I don't believe there any reviewers of new caches in my immediate vacinity. Can anyone tell me the process to go through to volunteer to be one?

Thanks in advance.

There are those among the lumpen proletariat that it is impossible to volunteer to become a reviewer and that reviewers are chosen by Groundspeak administrators based upon the past reputation and contributions of the person. However, while that is true to some extent, there is one exception: I am what is known as a "king maker", and if you help me out a bit, I am able to give a nudge to just the right people at the top of the Groundspeak hierarchy, and get you appointed as a reviewer. In fact, it was I who got Jesus Christ his position as a cache reviewer over 2,000 years ago, and I did the same for Gautama Buddha and also for Napoleon, the emperor of France several hundreds of years ago. In fact, in a 1986 article, People magazine named me as the ONLY king-maker in the world capable of "making" geocaching reviewers. However, of course, there are some minor administrative costs and charges involved, and thus, if you wish to be nominated as a reviewer you will need to ask your bank to wire $666,666 (US dollars) to my account at a bank in the Grand Caymans, as follows:

Bank name: Butterfield Bank Cayman Limited

Bank address: Butterfield Bank Cayman Limited, Box 705GT Butterfield House 68 Fort St, Grand Cayman, Cayman

Bank electronic wire transfer department phone: Tel: (345) 815-7575 (Cayman)

Bank main administrative office phone: (345) 949-7055 (Cayman)

Bank routing number: [
REMOVED BY MODERATOR
]

Account name: [
REMOVED BY MODERATOR
]

Account type: Savings

Account number: [
REMOVED BY MODERATOR
]

SOBUS routing code: BGER-562309

Intra-bank distribution code: RT76

Once I receive notice of your cleared payment, and also an email from you detailing the payment and your exact GC username, etc, and the region for which you wish to become a reviewer, the process will be started. We usually see results within six weeks of that point.

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: I have removed the bank transfer information. Do not attempt to re-post the information. We will be monitoring this thread, and if you attempt to re-post the information, Groundspeak's attorney's will immediately notify the federal judge who is handling the current multi-million dollar lawsuit in federal court which is already pending against you for your past efforts to subvert Groundspeak into a propaganda and missionary vehicle for your bizarre donkey-worshipping religion.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team
your bizarre donkey-worshipping religion.

It is rather asinine for Groundspeak's moderators to insult anyone's choice in religion. Especially those involving donkeys. For shame! For shame! :blink:

I agree. :blink:

That fictitious moderator should receive a very swift, very harsh, and very fictitious reprimand.

Eeeveryone wants to know how to become a cache reviewer.

No one ever asks, "How do you become a forum moderator?"

Thanks for illustrating why, Vinnie.

Now that the question has come up, how do you get tricked into being a forum moderator?

:blink:

Actually, I told that story at GeoWoodstock this year. "Tricked into" isn't far from the truth.

I had just had all four wisdom teeth extracted the day before. It was the typical "impacted and chiseled out" horror story that you've heard a million times. I was still on some pretty amazing pain killers when I checked my email and found a letter from Heidi asking if I'd like to help out. Well of course I would, Heidi!

It was basically Groundspeak's attempt to "slip me a mickey." Let that be a lesson to you youngsters out there! If you're on awesome pain killers do NOT read any emails and especially do NOT respond to them!

I have heard (from those reliable, yet undisclosed sources) that asking to be a reviewer is the quickest way to get dropped from the list of contenders. (if indeed there is such a list)

Not every State needs it own separate reviewer.

So if you reeaaallllllllllllyyyyyy want to be a reviewer, beg, plead and moan about how awful it would be to be a reviewer and how you could neeeeeeeever do that. :):laughing: