Hate Micros?

Most excellent.

I pride myself on having a majority of my caches as small/regular/large sized, decent swaps, nice location. But I probably have 6 or so micro's, mostly in nice locations, but nowhere to hide a box. (Two are sidetracked jobbies)

I do deplore micro's in an area where a decent box could easily be placed. (Rushes off to check if any of my micros fall foul of this law......)

Paul

Most excellent.

I pride myself on having a majority of my caches as small/regular/large sized, decent swaps, nice location. But I probably have 6 or so micro's, mostly in nice locations, but nowhere to hide a box. (Two are sidetracked jobbies)

I do deplore micro's in an area where a decent box could easily be placed. (Rushes off to check if any of my micros fall foul of this law......)

Paul

Do you know what a jobby is in Scotland? :blink:

I'll give you a clue, it's a 4 or 5 letter word that some people may actually describe micros as being!! :blink::blink:

Just coming in on this as it pushed my button slightly. Are not the majority of cache hides micros? It seems that a lot of Puzzle caches and similar have micros as stages. Also as a cache is obviously supposed to be hidden, would not a micro (not a nano!) be the best sort to hide especially in muggle rich areas?

I think there's a place for all of them - the beauty of micros is that they can be well hidden and a tricky find - I'll be on my 3rd attempt to find one of the Strangler's ones on my way home tomorrow, and it'll be worth it when I find it. They take you to some lovely places too.

It's nice to have a larger cache, especially for putting TBs into - I picked up a TB recently & so did a friend, so we made sure that on our next caching trip we picked a nice small we could fit them into.

I guess living in an urban area (south of Birmingham) there's a lot of micros around, but I can see the point about it being nice to have a larger box to find if there's room. I also like reading the log entries on small or larger caches - people often write nice stuff, rather than just having room for a name, date & TFTC!

We like micros, well the kids do especially they are 10 and 6, they love hard and unusual finds. What they hate is a really large box thats virtually empty! They get all excited and open it to find some broken toys and a log book, far more annoying than a micro.

At least with a micro you know what to expect from the cache page.

Went to a wood land site today where you could have hidden an oil drum, and what was I looking for a micro.... WHY!!! no need at all. Fine in their place... urban type locations, but not in woodland surely. MaxKim

I'm sure MaxKim would have appreciated this little beauty .....not! The dog tag was hidden in a layer of silt in a waterlogged compartment of an engine from a wrecked aeroplane with some nimble finger work required to extract it. To add to its appeal it was 2000 feet up on a Scottish hillside with a 4 mile walk in. The owner soon realised that a box would be a better proposition.

MBF

Wasn't the original cache a micro (ie a Letter)?, did it have 'stuff' in it?, have we strayed from the original concept? and is it so wrong?, the answer to this and all other questions will be answered etc etc

Actually the original cache was a large lidded bucket. Partially buried B) and containing a can of beans amongst the contents ;)B) . Just think it wouldn't be published today :D:D

Edited by Deceangi

Actually the original cache was a large lidded bucket. Partially buried B) and containing a can of beans amongst the contents ;)B) . Just think it wouldn't be published today :D:D

And it was a drive-in. It's almost possible to step from the car onto the Original Stash Plaque, which is allegedly at the exact original coordinates.

And it was a drive-in. It's almost possible to step from the car onto the Original Stash Plaque, which is allegedly at the exact original coordinates.