Garmin 60cx users?

Aren't you using the arrow and distance? Either case, you may find it useful that when you get below 10 feet, put the GPS away and search with your eyes. Check your GPS on occasion to be sure you didn't wander too far away, but put the GPS away when you are close to GZ.

When searching for a chache what zoom level do you put your 60cx on? I have a new one and still trying to learn it.

If I'm driving to the cache area, I let the unit handle zooming the map. Once I'm out of the car, and have switched over to off-road navigation, I use the Navigation page, not the Map page. It's far easier for the unit to make small adjustments to the compass ring and arrow, than it is to adjust the entire map page.

I use the map screen also. Unlike the compass screen, for me, I have a better time visualizing where the cache is in relation to me. Plus the topo maps just look so darn pretty. When I get about 100 feet away I zoom to the 50 foot level. Just like everyone else, as you get to within 20-30 feet start to look for where you would hide a cache...