Cointest - Design an icon.

uktim

Don't you just love the quirks of online forums :D I'd better type it all over again :D

The time has come to design an icon for our Horses Around The World Geocoin Series.

We plan to have a single icon covering the whole series, the first 2 coins in the series can be seen at our website.

The design should reflect both the coins themselves and the nature of the series which is intended to depict horse breeds from around the world.

We may use just one design as entered, we may modify one of your entries or we may use elements of several designs. We're looking for inspiration as much as a perfect final design, so you don't need to be a superb artist.

There will be a prize of a coin of your choice from the series for the best design or maybe even one for each of the most influential designs :laughing:

The judges (wifes) decision is final. Entries by June 27th to be posted here or sent to our profile email address.

regards

Tim Jones

I tried to find photos of horses etc! I changed some too!

Sorry, I do not know how to make them smaller!

I hope you will lke some as icon!

crazy_horse_clipart1.gif

The same photo, a little changed!

a1b1f55e.jpg

Now:

horse-1.jpg

Of course you can put font too!

horser-1.jpg

palomino_horse.jpg

Horse.jpg

a funny one:

funhorse.gif

Now...I have seen an icon of a geocoin that is moving! How about to put as an icon a running horse??? Such a noble animal deserves it!!!

Something like that perhaps?

horse7.gif

I love GATOULIS's idea of the running horse, I've seen animated icons too, so I'm sure it can be done.

Actually, animated icons are not allowed. There is one that made it through, and a few that have snuck in but been unanimated later on.

Oh!! :blink: Too bad! The animated horse would be a great icon for the horse! I liked the idea of a horse running free and travelling ....like geocoins! :blink:

One point to remember - it is not necessary to have the 32x32 and 16x16 the same design.

I love surtebs Octagonal shaped 32x32 - but the detail is lost on the 16x16, so the smaller icon could be a simple horseshoe, the large icon shows up on your trackables list, the small icon is only used in your inventory list on your caching page, so the larger icon is the predominent one that everyone sees.

The horshoe could have the colours graded through it that show in the larger Octagonal design to tie the two together.

One point to remember - it is not necessary to have the 32x32 and 16x16 the same design.

I love surtebs Octagonal shaped 32x32 - but the detail is lost on the 16x16, so the smaller icon could be a simple horseshoe, the large icon shows up on your trackables list, the small icon is only used in your inventory list on your caching page, so the larger icon is the predominent one that everyone sees.

The horshoe could have the colours graded through it that show in the larger Octagonal design to tie the two together.

Is the smaller one used in both "My Inventory" and a "Cache Inventory"? I had never cinsidered that the two sizes could be a different Icon. I also like that one. Maybe the small one could be the octagon with just the horse's bust, rather than try fitting the whole body

Is the smaller one used in both "My Inventory" and a "Cache Inventory"? I had never cinsidered that the two sizes could be a different Icon. I also like that one. Maybe the small one could be the octagon with just the horse's bust, rather than try fitting the whole body

Yes I was forgetting the cache invetory page also.

Here is my re-work of Solans 16x16 into a horseshoe using the same colours

1cdd0400-9e2f-41be-b42a-a0fcfc0fb4b5.jpg

(letting some text away)

The earth with tiny horses running around it would have been cool

Like that idea. :D

I had the same thought :laughing:

Or how about a horse and on his body the world?

Somebody have to work that out. Can't make any designs with a pc.

Edited by Ilonka1980

Apologies for the late result. I had set myself the target of declaring the result when the QH coins arrived, the mint ran a wee bit late and without a cue my memory let me down :D

So hard to judge, but I like the the world/globe in a horsehoe concept, so I'll declare two winners Jan and The Percey Boys for the initial idea and GEO*Trailblazer 1 for the images. I'll pass the idea onto the wife and see if she can produce something that satisfies her won eye from it.

If you would both like to let me know which coin you would like along with a shipping address I'll get them in the post early next week.

Cheers

Tim

Apologies for the late result. I had set myself the target of declaring the result when the QH coins arrived, the mint ran a wee bit late and without a cue my memory let me down :angry:

So hard to judge, but I like the the world/globe in a horsehoe concept, so I'll declare two winners Jan and The Percey Boys for the initial idea and GEO*Trailblazer 1 for the images. I'll pass the idea onto the wife and see if she can produce something that satisfies her won eye from it.

If you would both like to let me know which coin you would like along with a shipping address I'll get them in the post early next week.

Cheers

Tim

OH me?? OH My I just found it again myself.

As dad would say we both had to many irons in the fire.

Thank you.

I am good with what ever you decide.

I can also tweak it I still have it in a file somewhere.