Do you remember

Taubin_ZL2TOY

Oh yes BigD I do! :D

It was a "Not another Micro" 06 coin and I found it in a cache, I had just placed my very first cache and on my way down found my first multi! In that multi was that wonderful coin.

I headed back up to my cache with it to drop it in, I was so excited as I had never seen a coin and th eonly TB I had saw at that point was in my 3rd or 4th cache...I was intimidated by it! :) Wasnt sure if "I" should be the one takin it!

My very first geocoin owned was a Masters of Cache...I still love that coin!!! Its really an awesome design! I actually got it off ebay and when it came to me I was in love! I wanted to release it, but it was so cool!

Wasnt too long after that, when I found this place and here I still am! I ebayed for some time paying huge dollars for coins that had just gone for 8.00.

I have become wiser since then...Ummm, Yeah! :D

heres a pic of it! toojin_trade_GCC_2006-10_Masters_of_Cache_a_Front100.jpg

Edited by 007BigD

I just got a "Evil Micro" coin today in the mail. I can't remember which site I bought it off of.

Wait, you mean Ebay is NOT the way to go? :D I think I've bought 4 or 5 coins off ebay already :) They were all Celtic designs and will be kept. In fact, I think I'm going to have a *really* hard time releasing any coins into the wild unless they are for trade. But, all the coins I have so far are very easily gotten, well, except maybe the titanic one I was lucky enough to get (kicks self for not getting two, I could have traded one I'm sure). I can't wait for my first trade experience. I think it will be allot more exciting than buying them.

After having helped several TBs my first coin I found in a cache was a Sock Puppet. I still remember the scenery up on a hill in the forests. Actually I bought such a coin recently.

The first coin I bought was a Cache Counter that accompanys me whenever I'm out caching.

I still have my very first coin,

Scotland Coin which is activated and travels with me.

TBV9EZ

It was given to my by the Cacher who introduced the sport to me along with one of his personals.

Ebay is ok to buy, you can buy some coins cheap but i always set myself a limit on them and try not to pay silly prices for them. Most i have ever paid for a coin is $70, it was number 12 of 25 of the Black and Gold Highland Geofairy coins and the Money went to one of the cancer charities (The seller was running for them).

Happy collecting

Ljay

The first coin I ever received was a gold Petrified Wood coin, but more important to me was the one I SAW first. One day I was looking for some ornamental grillwork for a project I was hoping to do in the upcoming Spring. I wanted to put a new floor into the 2nd floor of my garage and finish it off like a "gentleman's workshop". A place that you could repair watches or tie a few flies rather that a place where you would degrease car parts.

I wanted to sink this piece of grill work into the floor like an inlay. It would have compass points oriented toward the North, South, East & West and a compass rose to hold everything together. I had seen one of these at some home decore store, but decided to do an Eaby search for "compass rose". Up came a 2006 Compass Rose in gold finish and I was hooked like it was heroin! It's been about 6-months now and my obsession has only matured into what I'm hoping is a life-long passion and admiration for these beautiful pieces of art.

Our first coin was the Rusty O Junk coin. We found it in a cache, don't remember which one now, and just about packed it full of swag trying to trade fairly. Since it was a non-trackable it is still in our collection as a reminder of what got us started on the coin obsession we now have, :D

Our first coin was the Katrina Geocachers fund raiser (non-trackable). I purchased it because both my husband (Toolman47) and I served with the American Red Cross on that disaster. I remember turning to him and saying firmly: "We are NOT going to start collecting these things."

whistling.gif

edited to correct: Oh dear...I just remembered we bought the USA 2004 geocoin. So that was our first. But the Katrina was the first non-trackable we bought.

Edited by ATMouse

The very first coin that I logged was a moun10bike coin about 2 months after I started caching, so I had no idea what it was. The next few coins that I logged were USA coins and a Denali NP coin.

The first coin that I received to keep was a DNF coin that was given to me as a gift. I had placed a new cache and a local cacher/coiner had gone out to find it. 3 days and a number of emails later he found it. And he must have looked at it a hundred times without realizing it was the cache! :D

He thought it was a great cache, so he sent me the DNF coin for making him scratch his head for 3 days. :D

My first coin I helt in my hand as a muggle, my friend struwwelchen send my son (and her godson) a Soccer 2006 Coin as a bithdaypresent. It was activated on her account, so I had to register an account and in order to sent it on it's way, I had to find a cache.

I still blame her, cause now I'm quite hooked on caching AND coins... My children insisted in their own accounts, so now when new coins arrive, there's fighting who get them activated in their account... But most of the time I win... :D

My first own coin was a Highly Addictiv coin. Even as a militant non-smoker I really like that camel ad...

Especially the warning should be taken quite serious!!! I'm addicted, I'm afraid.

d16c4c77-9f32-46e9-8f70-232d78ff1976.jpg

Kind regards, ElliPirelli

My first gifted geocoin was IceCreamMan, the older version that says "Where does that road go" This coin was gifted to me by IceCreamMan (Thanks Dave :D ) and I still have it, it is a keeper!!!

My first prize coin was the 2007 3rd Annual Florida Finder's Fest geocoin (poker prize)

My first purchased coin was the set of 4 Dream Catchers from Ebay

The first coin I found in a cache was the Texas 2005 Autumn non-trackable

I still have all of these coins

Edited by kehunt64

I'm still waiting for the first coin I ever bought. I won't mention which one as the old timers will know :D

Can't really remember the first one to actually show up right off the top of my head :D

I'm surprised after that fiasco that you went ahead and took another chance!

The first coin I found a few weeks after starting to cache was a Maryland coin when I was on vacation. I thought it was swag as it didn't have anything with it so I really stufffed the cache with items. I was really bummed when I got home and looked it up only to find it was a traveler. I had to find one for myself and got one on ebay. I don't remember if it was my first coin I owned or not though.

Oh wow! First coins I ever found was this one 444 by Dorkfish. I was so excited and nervous at the same time. Didn't know if I should take it or not since I was a noob.

My first coin I ever owned was Evil Micro of which I released.

I then joined the GC & PC. Got several coins and pins from there. From there it has become an obsession. I get them from everywhere I can. Ebay is one of the main ways. I just love em. If I buy more than one, I will either trade or release one of them, the other I keep

My first coin was a Conejo Cachers and I was hooked. But Slegal wasn't minting anymore so I couldn't get my own stash of travelling coins. That was back in '04.

ConejoCachersfb.jpg

But the coin that got me hooked to the point I was buying like crazy on Ebay was the 06 Compass Rose. I felt like such a fool paying 2-5x what the coins were worth after discovering the coin vendour websites and forum sales. I also had a hard time moving that gorgeous coin along.

CompassRose06n.jpg

The most frustrating part? Setting up the alarm and early warning systems to be online when a hot coin goes on sale only to sleep through it and the thing sells out in 5 minutes. Heck even if the sale lasted a couple of hours it wouldn't matter if I was oblivious to it!!

Edited by Droo

The first coin I found in a cache (traveler) was a 2004 USA coin back in October 2004.

The first coin I found that I could keep (thanks to a generous Nurse Dave) was an Oregon 2003.

The first coins that I bought were the California 2004.

I think my first coins are pretty much the same, first coin found as a traveler (I think) was a 2004 USA in June 2004.

First coin I found that I could keep was also an Oregon 2003 (from the ever generous Nurse Dave).

First coins I bought (I think) were the California 2004.

My first coin purchased was a Crake's 2006 Rhode Island, from Ebay.

I had found a Rhode Island in my very first cache, June '06, and I just had to have one for my very own. It was colorful and heavy and I thought it was just the cat's meow! I took many pictures of it, with my brand new GPSr, wanting to document my very first cache find and my very first geocoin moved.

my first one was this beauty

4ecdf3c5-138c-4b4e-a718-74a15307bb31.jpg

the coin travelled 13588 miles, started in germany and got lost in florida.

one day i would love to see it again, but i don't think that this will happen...:D

That's very cute. Maybe lost in Florida is not such a sad end for those love struck froggies.

The first coin I ever found in the wild was a 2004 USA Geocoin. I thought it was soo cool I carried it around in my pocket for a few days before releasing it. Before I did, however, I posted my first ever post in the forums asking where I could buy some for myself. As is now still the case the friendly folk in the forums came thru for me. :D The first geocoins I ever bought were four 2004 USA Geocoins. I set all of them loose. The first two have gone missing - one blatently stolen - and the third and fourth are still out there traveling. :D

CF30

My first coin was a Moun10bike version II. I had a training class in Beaverton Oregon, sent Moun10bike an e-mail asking which of his caches I should do if I had the time to drive up to Seattle. He sent I reply, I drove up and spent several hours completing the Moun10bike Multimaze. He had agreed to having breakfast together the next day and when we met he presented me the coin for completing the cache in the dark. It is one of the few coins that I haven't released to travel.

The first coin we owned was a Piranha Coin that we received as a FTF gift in a cache. We still have it and have added more fishies (and many MANY others,LOL). I still remember clearly how hard it was to get to that cache and the thrill when we got it open and found that we were indeed the first! That's one coin we will always keep! :ph34r:

pirhanacoin.jpg

I found my first geocoins in caches in 2002.

The first geocoin that I found was probably a Moun10bike geocoin, that I did not take ( :ph34r: ).

Other than that, my first geocoin would have been either the The Green Man, or the Joy of Geocaching, both of which I still have.

1035017483_3f75f05666_m.jpg

1035534782_cad33902cc_m.jpg

1035534604_9e7aa8ac0c_m.jpg

Oh yes BigD I do! :blink:

Wasnt too long after that, when I found this place and here I still am! I ebayed for some time paying huge dollars for coins that had just gone for 8.00.

I have become wiser since then...Ummm, Yeah! :blink:

OH YEA! I did exactly the same thing!

Oh my first coin, the coin that would introduce me to this bad bad habit. It was a the GW5 Sunburst, it was so pretty so translucent and I thought it would be neat to hang from rearview mirror. Little did I know that little piece of metal would be the end of extra mad money in my wallet. :blink::blink:

The first coin I ever came across was about two weeks after I started geocaching (last year). It was A New Beginning geocoin. Moved it on and was very excited about these "trackable coins".

My husband bought me three Canada 2007 Geocoins for Christmas. Two I have sent out on travels and the third was the start of my collection.

The first coin I purchased myself was just a few weeks ago -- The Signal December 2006 Geocoin. It featured Canada which I thought was fitting (my son was born in Dec. 06 in Canada) and I bought two.

So now I have 5 in my collection but I have two more coming that I bought. I am glad I took pictures of the coins so I can look back at them and remember which ones I got first.

Good thread - it's neat seeing what everyone's first experiences with coins are.

My first coin I helt in my hand as a muggle, my friend struwwelchen send my son (and her godson) a Soccer 2006 Coin as a bithdaypresent. It was activated on her account, so I had to register an account and in order to sent it on it's way, I had to find a cache.

I still blame her, cause now I'm quite hooked on caching AND coins... My children insisted in their own accounts, so now when new coins arrive, there's fighting who get them activated in their account... But most of the time I win... :blink:

My first own coin was a Highly Addictiv coin. Even as a militant non-smoker I really like that camel ad...

Especially the warning should be taken quite serious!!! I'm addicted, I'm afraid.

d16c4c77-9f32-46e9-8f70-232d78ff1976.jpg

Kind regards, ElliPirelli

Haha, I love that coin!

Unfortunately, I am a smoker, but it makes me want it even more. Is there any where to purchase them?