What do geocoins mean to you?

theGeOJos

And to think, I was just about to change my avatar to this:

2259784168_8714e6f8ac.jpg

:)

I laugh a little everytime I see Big D's name. Allot of my friends call me Big D. It's going to take a touch of getting used to seeing it and not thinking it's about me. :D

Extreme views are a good thing in my opinion, it shows you care and have passion :D

:)

I laugh a little everytime I see Big D's name. Allot of my friends call me Big D. It's going to take a touch of getting used to seeing it and not thinking it's about me. :D

Extreme views are a good thing in my opinion, it shows you care and have passion :D

Exactly!

:D

People dont really call me anything but Jodi, so I have a 1-up.

woot!

Really? All the guys on my basketball team call me BigD as a kid, I was the little fat kid out there screwin up everytime I got the ball!

Then our neighbor was a drug dealer type dude in 3rd grade and his name was BigD...My mamma hated it after that!

He was REALLY BIG!...I used to think it was kinda cool when he'd lift his belly to adjust somethin. He'd lift it up and "BLOOMP" down it went! "hey thats kinda cool!" :):D

Really? All the guys on my basketball team call me BigD as a kid, I was the little fat kid out there screwin up everytime I got the ball!

Then our neighbor was a drug dealer type dude in 3rd grade and his name was BigD...My mamma hated it after that!

He was REALLY BIG!...I used to think it was kinda cool when he'd lift his belly to adjust somethin. He'd lift it up and "BLOOMP" down it went! "hey thats kinda cool!" :):D

I think I'm going to wake people up, from laughing so loud.

Why are the drug dealers always so fat?

Haha I don't know.

I will keep each and every coin from all of you, my new geocoin friends.

Welcome...That was fun now wasnt it! You got lucky is all, you came in,posted just the right thing at the right time and we took well to ya.

Its not usually quite like this...You must be gifted! :D

Nighty Nite...its almost 4:00 your time!...you'll have visions of geocoins dancing in your head! :)

Haha I don't know.

Welcome...That was fun now wasnt it! You got lucky is all, you came in,posted just the right thing at the right time and we took well to ya.

Nighty Nite...its almost 4:00 your time!...you'll have visions of geocoins dancing in your head! :)

Yea, it's getting late, but about time for me to eat.

Haha, since school got out my sleeping schedule is WAY off so im up until 5 usually, because i like to get something to eat at 4.

Im lucky to have a laptop though, so I dont even have to miss a forum post!

It's funny, I'm really not that big of a guy, but, one of my friends started to call me Big D and it stuck :D

I can't remember the last time I was called Dusty or Dustin by one of my friends, it's always D or Big D now...

btw, I'm *not* a drug dealer :D

He was REALLY BIG!...I used to think it was kinda cool when he'd lift his belly to adjust somethin. He'd lift it up and "BLOOMP" down it went! "hey thats kinda cool!" :D:D

It's funny, I'm really not that big of a guy, but, one of my friends started to call me Big D and it stuck :D

I can't remember the last time I was called Dusty or Dustin by one of my friends, it's always D or Big D now...

btw, I'm *not* a drug dealer :D

Then, THAT answers MY question . . . YOU are a guy :D

Haha I don't know.

OR wil it be visions of Matt Foley down by the river in his van :D . . .

:"'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the van

Your ol' buddy Matt fell asleep on the can.

The children were nestled two time zones away

With his first wife and her husband in sunny L.A..

Matt woke up and realized, with a chill and a quiver,

That he was livin' in a van down by the river!"

"Well, la-dee-FREAKIN-da! "

Edited by fairyhoney

Haha I don't know.

OR wil it be visions of Matt Foley down by the river in his van :D . . .

:"'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the van

Your ol' buddy Matt fell asleep on the can.

The children were nestled two time zones away

With his first wife and her husband in sunny L.A..

Matt woke up and realized, with a chill and a quiver,

That he was livin' in a van down by the river!"

"Well, la-dee-FREAKIN-da! "

Now I know I will regret asking this, but where in the world did you hear that?

MAYBE Jodi can use this avatar :) so we can see it in the coin forums(snickers softy)

Maybe an idea to your avatar:

I think it would look even prettier, if you could cut the black in heartshape too :D

How?

If I remember, I will cut the heartshape out of the original, that way you won't lose a bunch of quality from it being chopped and changed so many times in jpg :)

If I don't get it done this weekend, I will do it first thing Monday, as I'm camping in later today through the weekend

I guess the question is already answered, you get it photoshopped by Taubin :D

I guess they wont, that´s what I have red about it so far :D

Are you telling on how many you will be awaiting? I am being nosey again :laughing:

Haha I have no idea.

Just what you have read in this thread.

Plus, right now im definitely about 80 kinds of tired.

It's 5am here.

oops?

Coins I buy usually relate to something I'm interested in. I also am drawn to certain designs because they are "artsy" and I would just like to display them like I would a painting or other piece of art.

And, like geocaching, it's best when it's not about the numbers. Not about how many you've got or what they're worth or how limited the edition is. It's just about enjoying them and the people you share them with.

I don't have a strategy for collecting, I just know what I like when I see it. And I see it often :D

I'm the same really. I (or that should be we lol!) don't have a huge collection but find that the coins I mostly go for, tend to be on theme of anything that I'm interested in....history, mythololgy/folklore, wildlife/nature and the outdoors.

I'm a bit of a magpie though and just love collecting shiney, colourful things in general LOL. There are so many beautifully designed coins out there, all individual mini works of art. Then there are others that are just too cute to resist. To be honest though I think that all geocoins are special for many different reasons.

We also really enjoy finding folks coins in caches and moving them on....not mention adding their icons to our list! :D

By joining in on this forum we've found out that there is so much more to geocoin collecting than we could ever have imagined!! I'm taking part in my first mission and thoroughly enjoying that......the people on here are wonderful and reading the forum always cheers me up.

In short, I think that geocoin collecting is just a fantastic addition/dimension to Geocaching as a whole.

Ali :laughing:

I blame all of you, because this forum is like one big family, and I couldn't help myself but to post a conversation starter and get to know everyone better.

Did I send my address to the people who told me to?

(Talk about disorganized, it was only a few people but I forgot to save the sent messages!)

VERY important to stay organized from the beginning. I have a spreadsheet for just about everything...

coins bought: price, date, provenience. then when I get them, they are highlighted

Once you get the coins: tracking number and activation codes

trades what you got for what and when and who

addresses as those trades happen and for gifted coins so eventually you can repay...

It can get pretty hectic eventually and keeping organized helps a lot. Now if I could just FIND my coins... :D

Oh yeah, the topic was..."What do geocoins mean to you?" :D

Well I guess for me it's the thrill of the hunt...whether it be a cache with an unactivated coin in it, or a sale that you know will be over in less than two minutes or finding that trade that you never thought you would.

AND, I like getting shiny objects in my mailbox!

I blame all of you, because this forum is like one big family, and I couldn't help myself but to post a conversation starter and get to know everyone better.

:laughing:

Did I send my address to the people who told me to?

(Talk about disorganized, it was only a few people but I forgot to save the sent messages!)

VERY important to stay organized from the beginning. I have a spreadsheet for just about everything...

coins bought: price, date, provenience. then when I get them, they are highlighted

Once you get the coins: tracking number and activation codes

trades what you got for what and when and who

addresses as those trades happen and for gifted coins so eventually you can repay...

It can get pretty hectic eventually and keeping organized helps a lot. Now if I could just FIND my coins... :D

Woot, practice using my document software!

How many do you have?

Well, you're doing better than me!

:laughing:

I'm working on getting my collection started, with the help of the frequent posters on this thread.

I'm low on money, since the job I was supposed to be getting this week fell through (long story short... I'm only 17, but someone already stole my identity and I cant even get my credit report so i can claim the negatives as fraud, but that discussion is for a whole new kind forum :D) SOOO now my goal is to see what talent I can find to do in return for people who give me coins.

Any ideas?

i bought my first coins when they first came out - the canadian gold coins. i thought they were just too cool!

stopped caching a year ago so didn't even know about the big explosion in coin making.

when i found a coin in a cache this year, starting up caching again, i was intrigued. so i googled and that was that. i discovered tranquilities just a few days later and that discovery is what got me into the hobby. they came at a time in life when i desperately needed peace and tranquility. and so the journey to collect most of them started.

along the way i found others that i liked and i discovered TRADING! now i love trading the most. i buy on ebay and trade away. always writing letters to people to see if they want to make trades. i like that the best.

RSG

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Ok guys, I have been busy in the past few days so I haven't been on too much, but I have a request.

Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned the "Tranquility" geocoins. I really want to know more about them, and where I can get them for this reason:

The last few days have been discouraging. I was supposed to get a job as a Teller at a local credit union, but when they did my credit check, it came up as me having HORRIBLE credit. Apparently, I defaulted on a College loan when I was still in high school. I am 17, I shouldn't even HAVE a credit score, but someone apparently got a hold of my social number and used it. So, the job of my DREAMS, and I couldn't get it. And since I graduated high school a few weeks ago and I am going to try to go to college in the fall, I prolly wont be able to get loans due to that record. :)

And then today, I got the worst news of it all. I had a doctor's appointment today, and they let me know that as of my most recent MRI, I have a noncancerous TUMOR in the pituitary gland of my brain. Although I know it isn't too much to worry about because it is treatable, it is scarier than I want to admit to any of my friends or family. The only thing I can look forward to this summer now is getting my geocoins in the mail from my newest friends. :laughing:

I want my collection of coins to be a story... a story of my life, beginning with this summer. I want to have something to remember how I overcame all of the obstacles that keep coming in my way, because I know that I will beat them. What better a way than my amazing new hobby? If anyone knows of any coins that could signify anything like this, or in general could help to keep me positive and motivate me (I am just pessimistic lately, and it bugs me), could you send me a link to a picture, or help me find someone who has it and is willing to let me buy it off of them, or trade ( I'm ebaying some other coins to use for trading and using this post as a break from my search! ) You can post on here, because I do check it often, PM me, or email me at <email address removed by moderator> . Thanks for reading so much, i know you all probably have better things that you could do with your time, but I appreciate your time and help!

Edited by Eartha