What do geocoins mean to you?

theGeOJos

Okay, I'm a noob, so please excuse me.

But, I want to know why people collect geocoins, besides the fact that they're pretty.

:)

Is there anything difficult or aggrivating about it? Or is it just that thing that makes you smile when you get a new one?

:D

Also, I'm working on starting a collection for my boyfriend and I, so what do you suggest I try to get to begin our collection? HELP! Teehee!

"Is there anything difficult or aggrivating about it?"

Well, it is difficult deciding just which coin to buy. Some go for the shaped ones ( I LOVE shaped, personally)

Also, just which would make the perfect gift if one is part of a mission.

Aggrivating: just because there are SO many cool coins and such few dollars :D

MOSTLY, WELCOME . . . enjoy! And keep coming back :)

We collect geocoins because we are addicted to the thrill of going to our mailboxes to see what it holds for the day. You DO know that geocoins ARE addictive, right? Pus, it can become a rather expensive "hobby"

Ideally, you collect the coins that strike your fancy :)

Haha, yea, a lot of people have mentioned in their posts how expensive they can get.

My boyfriend and I will be doing this collection together, so getting money from both people.

I don't even have any geocoins yet, and im already addicted to the forums.

Do you have any signature coins that I could buy?

I've read most of the threads on the forums, and read a lot of the things you've posted, so I want to have at least one from you fairyhoney!

Hello!... Welcome to the rest of your life!!!!! :)

You may have good intentions on getting together a nice little kitty of coins for your boyfriend, but that will stop soon...real soon!

You'll probably start by being intrigued by these things and wonder what the big deal is other than they are nice to look at and fun to watch travel. Then being so intrigued as to even venture into the geocoin forums for further research into these shiney bits of inadimate objectory...maybe even start a topic.

Your gonna buy a few for him and get em and be like :D "WOW, those are nice...umm I think I like these ones, ill get em these others...ooooh, and that one for me" :D Then see another you like and its all sold out, but you really wanted it.

You may ask around a bit and realize that some of those crazy people on the forums bought multiple coins of the one you like and may ask what ya got to trade! :D Whoa...you got a coin they wouldnt mind having! :D HAPPY DAY...Youve got a trade!!! Oh but thats not it...You got your first coin friend too!

You make the trade, get your coin and are so happy to get the coin you thought you coudnt!

In the process of lookin for coins that fit you and appeal to you and your boyfriend, you realize this place is FUN! All those cointests, all the mystery coins that YOU HAVE NONE OF!!! :D The welcoming folks that seem to almost be...a...Community..."Nahhhh, thats way too weird"- Well, thats the jist of it.

I know a lot of people that dont frequent these forums that collect coins, but we have alot of fun here and thepeople that collect these coins really are what make this community.

Myself, I have went through so many stages as to why I collect these things.

1st it was cause I liked em, I thought they were really neat and the thought of them traveling around like the little travel gnome intriged me.

Then it was how beautiful they were and the great designs. After that it was the collectability of them and seeking out the ones I want whether it was ebay or buyin em fresh from the stores.

I loved to get new ones, open em up and enjoy them just to put into my little box of coins...That box got big! I would activate and release em, leave em as FTF's and surprize someone occasionally.

Somewhere about that time, I discovered this place and it took to me right away. Started Trading, buying, participating in missions and playin the whole Mystery coin game, cuz its fun!

There are many aspects of why I like Geocoins and what they mean to me... but basically Many are special to me as to how I aquired it, many are rare, many are pretty or just plain fun! I really like the personals of th epeople I have met...Thats just another trip down memory lane sittin in yer lil book of coins! (or box)

Met some great friends here~Gots some nice coins~Had fun~and learned more about geocoins than 99.998% of the population even knows about :D !... Still here, although not as much as I used to be. Reckon ill be here a bit longer! Just think of em as Baseball cards...But heavy! Oh and they travel and are way cooler!

Kay.....That was a bit longer than I expected~sorry :D Yes I am dork, yes ill give you a geocoin...for your boyfriend that is :D

haha I've seen some pretty cool ones, and I'm jealous.

Can you explain to me the missions to me? I don't really understand them!

I'll try, missions are where one of the brave volunteer to organize, and keep track of other coiners name and address who sign up to participate, mix 'em up then and distribute names and addresses to the others that are signed up. - The key word is "organized" Which I am NOT :D

Usually, one agrees to send at Least 1 (usually 2, Though) unactivated coins to the recipient.

There are a coupe of missions running now. One being the Birthday, another being Shoot me . . .

O.K. I Know that I don't explain too well :)

Hello!... Welcome to the rest of your life!!!!! :)

You may have good intentions on getting together a nice little kitty of coins for your boyfriend, but that will stop soon...real soon!

You'll probably start by being intrigued by these things and wonder what the big deal is other than they are nice to look at and fun to watch travel. Then being so intrigued as to even venture into the geocoin forums for further research into these shiney bits of inadimate objectory...maybe even start a topic.

Your gonna buy a few for him and get em and be like :D "WOW, those are nice...umm I think I like these ones, ill get em these others...ooooh, and that one for me" :D Then see another you like and its all sold out, but you really wanted it.

You may ask around a bit and realize that some of those crazy people on the forums bought multiple coins of the one you like and may ask what ya got to trade! :D Whoa...you got a coin they wouldnt mind having! :D HAPPY DAY...Youve got a trade!!! Oh but thats not it...You got your first coin friend too!

You make the trade, get your coin and are so happy to get the coin you thought you coudnt!

In the process of lookin for coins that fit you and appeal to you and your boyfriend, you realize this place is FUN! All those cointests, all the mystery coins that YOU HAVE NONE OF!!! :D The welcoming folks that seem to almost be...a...Community..."Nahhhh, thats way too weird"- Well, thats the jist of it.

I know a lot of people that dont frequent these forums that collect coins, but we have alot of fun here and thepeople that collect these coins really are what make this community.

Myself, I have went through so many stages as to why I collect these things.

1st it was cause I liked em, I thought they were really neat and the thought of them traveling around like the little travel gnome intriged me.

Then it was how beautiful they were and the great designs. After that it was the collectability of them and seeking out the ones I want whether it was ebay or buyin em fresh from the stores.

I loved to get new ones, open em up and enjoy them just to put into my little box of coins...That box got big! I would activate and release em, leave em as FTF's and surprize someone occasionally.

Somewhere about that time, I discovered this place and it took to me right away. Started Trading, buying, participating in missions and playin the whole Mystery coin game, cuz its fun!

There are many aspects of why I like Geocoins and what they mean to me... but basically Many are special to me as to how I aquired it, many are rare, many are pretty or just plain fun! I really like the personals of th epeople I have met...Thats just another trip down memory lane sittin in yer lil book of coins! (or box)

Met some great friends here~Gots some nice coins~Had fun~and learned more about geocoins than 99.998% of the population even knows about :D !... Still here, although not as much as I used to be. Reckon ill be here a bit longer! Just think of em as Baseball cards...But heavy! Oh and they travel and are way cooler!

Kay.....That was a bit longer than I expected~sorry :D Yes I am dork, yes ill give you a geocoin...for your boyfriend that is :D

Ok, I am now inspired.

How much for your coin?

Just PM me and I will give you my address and whatnot.

And as to being addicted to the forums and talking to the people on here.... A little late.

I'm already stuck like honey.

haha I've seen some pretty cool ones, and I'm jealous.

Can you explain to me the missions to me? I don't really understand them!

I'll try, missions are where one of the brave volunteer to organize, and keep track of other coiners name and address who sign up to participate, mix 'em up then and distribute names and addresses to the others that are signed up. - The key word is "organized" Which I am NOT :D

Usually, one agrees to send at Least 1 (usually 2, Though) unactivated coins to the recipient.

There are a coupe of missions running now. One being the Birthday, another being Shoot me . . .

O.K. I Know that I don't explain too well :)

Thats a lot more sense than I got from them!

Teehee, I need to get some coins that I am willing to give up before I can participate in that...

Wow, I think that's gonna be a while.

I originally got started with coins after I found one in a cache. I thought I'd get myself some and send them out too. Well little did I know how addicting they are and those never made it into a cache. I find them to be too neat to send out traveling. I like looking at them too much! :) If you want I'll send you a coin too to help get ya started. :D

Ok, I am now inspired.---HeHe! :)

How much for your coin?--- :D...Its not for sale!!!

Just PM me and I will give you my address and whatnot.--- You got it!!! :D

And as to being addicted to the forums and talking to the people on here.... A little late.---I figured that...Just figured id push ya over the edge

I'm already stuck like honey--- :D FAIRYHONEY?????

Edited by 007BigD
Thats a lot more sense than I got from them!

Teehee, I need to get some coins that I am willing to give up before I can participate in that...

Wow, I think that's gonna be a while.

Awhile? Nah.. you'll have a bunch before you know it! They seem to multiply like rabbits! :):D:D

Edited by Dolfy

I originally got started with coins after I found one in a cache. I thought I'd get myself some and send them out too. Well little did I know how addicting they are and those never made it into a cache. I find them to be too neat to send out traveling. I like looking at them too much! :) If you want I'll send you a coin too to help get ya started. :D

That would be great!!!!

I will PM you my address, but please, let me know what I can do to repay you, since I don't have any coins to trade with you yet.

"Ok, I am now inspired.

How much for your coin?

And as to being addicted to the forums and talking to the people on here.... A little late.

I'm already stuck like honey."

Silly Rabbit, He isn't going to charge you for the coin. He is offering one to you as well as I. We'll NEED your address and name :D

007BigD is a very generous fella ( Yeah, he is a guy) Oh yeah, I'm a female :D .

Also, we need to get you to put up a AVATAR so we can gauge your personality :)

Edited by fairyhoney

That would be great!!!!

I will PM you my address, but please, let me know what I can do to repay you, since I don't have any coins to trade with you yet.

Don't worry about the money. Just pay it forward later on down the road when you can. :D

"Ok, I am now inspired.

How much for your coin?

I'm already stuck like honey."

Silly Rabbit, He isn't going to charge you for the coin. He is offering one to you as well as I. We'll NEED your address and name :D

007BigD is a very generous fella ( Yeah, he is a guy) Oh yeah, I'm a female :D .

Also, we need to get you to put up a AVATAR so we can gauge your personality :)

UH-OH!

I have read about your avataring habits!

I think most has been said already but just shorty on how I came to this:

1st: I found my first TB, went there just to find it

2nd: I got addicted to trackables

3rd: I like the designs of coins and I always did like to collect things :)

4th: I bought my first TB Schnucki

5th: I got addicted to havin trackables

6th: I bought some coins

7th: I found the forums again

8th: I received my first coin through the forums

9th: I really like the coins a lot that I receive other ways than buying them myself

10th: I am attending every mission and cointest I can :D

-> addicted, addicted, addicted

Kay...Boy you got some booty quick!!! Now like I said...You will eagerly wait for that darn postie to get to your mailbox...Then rip open the package, fall in love with your coins and keep them to yourself "ALL MINE"!

Come here to bragg about "what was in your mailbox today!"...Repeat!

Do this at least once a week, till you are sittin up with us at all hours of the night! :) ...Geocoins will be the death of life as you now know it! :D ... :D

I think most has been said already but just shorty on how I came to this:

1st: I found my first TB, went there just to find it

2nd: I got addicted to trackables

3rd: I like the designs of coins and I always did like to collect things :)

4th: I bought my first TB Schnucki

5th: I got addicted to havin trackables

6th: I bought some coins

7th: I found the forums again

8th: I received my first coin through the forums

9th: I really like the coins a lot that I receive other ways than buying them myself

10th: I am attending every mission and cointest I can :D

-> addicted, addicted, addicted

I already participated in one cointest, and im trying to learn how to do them.

And yea, the most fun I think will be the trades rather than the buys.

It's more personal, and i like to get to know the people i get them from!

O.K. Truth here . . . I "got into geocoins" because my son had the nerve to say that they could be "JUST AS CHEAP" as Travel bugs to send out. Well, with the way my brain is put together - or not - I started to buy geocoins, 2 at a time since I was giving him one, too.

WELL, needless to say, NOT the same as TBs :) So much better and more rewarding. My son has convinced me to keep some of my 2nd ones "in case I can trade them" He IS a wonderful and generous person - No, not because of his idea But because he is.

Kay...Boy you got some booty quick!!! Now like I said...You will eagerly wait for that darn postie to get to your mailbox...Then rip open the package, fall in love with your coins and keep them to yourself "ALL MINE"!

Come here to bragg about "what was in your mailbox today!"...Repeat!

Do this at least once a week, till you are sittin up with us at all hours of the night! :) ...Geocoins will be the death of life as you now know it! :D ... :D

you arent even kidding!

Im already about to go check the mail, and its 3 am.

Is there some name for this, because it seems like a disease, or disorder, or something.

I'm getting butterflies, but im not telling my boyfriend about that!

Kay guys...it was us here!!! We did it to her :D ...I feel bad now :D How do we fix this!!!

GO AWAY KIDDO...We Dont want you anymore!!! :) ...JUST GO!!! :D

Did that work? I'd hate to be part of all this and have to deal with her boyfriend when thats all she talks about and sends him to bed at night by himself so she can play with her coin buddies! :D

I was like 5th post, so its not my fault! :D

Kay guys...it was us here!!! We did it to her :D ...I feel bad now :D How do we fix this!!!

Did that work? I'd hate to be part of all this and have to deal with her boyfriend when thats all she talks about and sends him to bed at night by himself so she can play with her coin buddies! :D

I have been posting even later :D

Guess it´s your falt more than mine...

How to fix? hmmm.... Maybe send her one of your personals :D

By the way: I take one too :D

Haha, yep, its all of yalls fault!

He's gonna be excited to see coins.

He started my addiction, but didnt go any farther than just seeing a generic one and going

"I wish I could keep it!"

So when I saw ones in different shapes and colors, I had to jump on!

I blame all of you, because this forum is like one big family, and I couldn't help myself but to post a conversation starter and get to know everyone better.

Did I send my address to the people who told me to?

(Talk about disorganized, it was only a few people but I forgot to save the sent messages!)

How to fix? hmmm.... Maybe send her one of your personals :D- SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Why shhhh? How can she get butterflies, if she doesn´t know there may be something coming, or meaybe not? Who knows :D

By the way: I take one too :D...well ya just screwed that up!!! :):D:D

Darn, I should have kept my mouth shut :D:D

What kinds of things do you and your boyfriend like? Maybe I'll have a coin that will be right up your alley.

Uhm, we like all sorts of stuff!

Music, caching in general, just being goofy.

But our two biggest obsessions are:

1) MONOPOLY (the best idea EVER)

and 2) playing cards!

Wow, we're geeks!

Hey, Taubin, don't go changing your avatar, it is So cool :D

Welcome to OUR madness. Big D and I are definitely close to that lunatic fringe

The fanatical, extremist, or irrational members of a society or group - the members of a group who adopt views regarded as extreme

Oh yeah, we've stayed up to play a cointest, once :D

I LOVE the smell of garlic in the morning.

Dave can't stay up late unless he promisses to take care of his little Emerald of a gem :D

YES, I AM THE Guilty one .

Oh man, my "L" key keeps not wanting to type :)

Hey, Taubin, don't go changing your avatar, it is So cool :D

Welcome to OUR madness. Big D and I are definitely close to that lunatic fringe

The fanatical, extremist, or irrational members of a society or group - the members of a group who adopt views regarded as extreme

Oh yeah, we've stayed up to play a cointest, once :D

I LOVE the smell of garlic in the morning.

Dave can't stay up late unless he promisses to take care of his little Emerald of a gem :D

YES, I AM THE Guilty one .

Oh man, my "L" key keeps not wanting to type :)

You may be guilty, but you are doing it in a very lovely way :D

What kinds of things do you and your boyfriend like? Maybe I'll have a coin that will be right up your alley.

and 2) playing cards!

Wow, we're geeks!

And you are students. Are you still teenagers or a tad bit older? Avatar hmmmmm what to pick?

images.jpg

cc-2babies.gif

Edited by fairyhoney

So when I saw ones in different shapes and colors, I had to jump on!

Hang on for the ride and pack your wallet! :)

Although there are a few in here that have solely built there collections by Mystery coins and cointests! :D

Cant think of a more meaningfull collection! Pretty cool-eh? Almost wish it was mine! :D

Just keep it mellow, dont get all nuts like we all probably did! DUDE...I went nuts!~ I wanted em all when I started...Heck I still do!!! :D

and 2) playing cards!

Wow, we're geeks!

And you are students. Are you still teenagers or a tad bit older? Avatar hmmmmm what to pick?

I just graduated high school last week, and I'm 17.

He's 20.

But he looks and acts like he's 12.